Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sep 2014 - #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly hoped for a resolution for WT loved ones, all of them during the recent search. As an Aussie it is heart warming to know that so many across the world have him in their thoughts. this case is truly heart breaking. I have followed WT case from the beginning and I am as lost and confused as I ever was. It is my understanding that any items of interest collected from a scene takes time to process. I cant say I am surprised that nothing concert has come out of the search thus far. I am relived to see those imo exaggerated headlines in our media have stopped at least for now.

"I am relived to see those imo exaggerated headlines in our media have stopped at least for now."

YES. Some of the headlines were ridiculous. Here is one from Dec 14th in Daily Mail:

William Tyrrell bone fragment found in search at ... - Daily Mail

They claim that William's bone fragment was found. But later in article it says that they don't even know for sure if it is a human fragment. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
"I am relived to see those imo exaggerated headlines in our media have stopped at least for now."

YES. Some of the headlines were ridiculous. Here is one from Dec 14th in Daily Mail:

They claim that William's bone fragment was found. But later in article it says that they don't even know for sure if it is a human fragment. :rolleyes:
While waiting for the next headline, some of us on here conduct sleuthing, and others are observers.
Now, we are all waiting with bated breath....we may be doing this for a while yet.

IMO grrr to the Daily Mail's misleading headlines, can't stand that the spread of misinformation. I never use them as a source.
On anther note IMO if anything significant was found it would have already come to light. One would think a million dollars would get someone talking, but who knows its a extremely publicised disappearance of a child( one of the most ) and maybe that alone might make one think no amount of money is worth them dealing with the fall out of rating on a mate ? Just a thought. Almost every thought I have had on this case I second guess. Currently leaning on wondered off. Seems to fit imo.

A lowlife did rat on an associate, nothing seems to have come of it.....yet.

Craddock asked Parish: “Did Frank Abbott say ‘I know where William Tyrrell is, why don’t you check Geoff Owen’s place?’”

Dying man claimed he drove William Tyrrell 300km from Kendall home, inquest told | 7NEWS

He also handed a piece of paper with two names written on it to a man who visited him in gaol.

View attachment 328326
FA and GO are still at the top of my suspect list.

A lowlife did rat on an associate, nothing seems to have come of it.....yet.

Was that before or after the $1 million reward was announced?

Another thing we have yet to learn is if the 'new evidence' that set police on the recent big dig at Kendall resulted from the announcement of the reward, or whether it was the result of fresh police eyes reviewing the case.

FA and GO are still at the top of my suspect list.

The police seem to have put those two aside otherwise why would they have targeted their latest efforts on the FGM's former home and the car she owned at the time? It seems the the 'new evidence' they acted on was stronger to them than any suggestion that Abbott or Owen were involved.

The police seem to have put those two aside otherwise why would they have targeted their latest efforts on the FGM's former home and the car she owned at the time? It seems the the 'new evidence' they acted on was stronger to them than any suggestion that Abbott or Owen were involved.

I think the police are divided at this point over who the top suspects might be.

Was that before or after the $1 million reward was announced?

Another thing we have yet to learn is if the 'new evidence' that set police on the recent big dig at Kendall resulted from the announcement of the reward, or whether it was the result of fresh police eyes reviewing the case.

As FA didn't take his information to Crime Stoppers or the Task Force, it's doubtful he was chasing the reward. He was either talking rubbish, seeking notoriety or afraid of being incriminated.

"Counsel Assisting Gerard Craddock asked Jan Anderson whether Abbott had reported the mystery smell to police.

"He said, 'No, no, no, I am not going to do that … if there is something up there, I will get the blame for it'," she said."

William Tyrrell inquest hears person of interest Frank Abbott talked of 'peculiar smell' in bush - ABC News

Very good point! Most crooks by their nature will froth at the chance of scoring an easy mill…
It would need to be strong and specific information that led to the recovery of William. Someone (crooks included) may know ‘something’ and tip police however their info may not be detailed enough to advance the case.

There are many $1M rewards on offer in NSW and Victoria. It’s very sad to scroll through the list and see so many cases still unsolved.

Rewards Offered - NSW Police Public Site
Rewards - Victoria

It’s hard to believe that originally only $50000 was going to be offered to help solve William’s case. His foster carers did not accept this and went on to fight for $1M, the first million offered in NSW. This paved the way for other $1M rewards to be offered IMO.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

There was reportedly discontent among the troops when Jubelin was in charge:

Apthorpe said he later went to a team meeting, and Jubelin told him he hadn't been invited "because you're not on board with the Savage inquiry". He said Jubelin used an aggressive tone.

Detective Senior Constable Greg Gallyot, who was in the strike force from 2015 to 2018, said at times there was a "scattergun" approach to the investigation. He said there was a degree of dissatisfaction in the strike force and he had seen Jubelin belittling, bullying and intimidating others. Jubelin denied this.

Inside the task force investigating the disappearance of William Tyrrell

Last edited by a moderator:
There was certainly discontent among the troops when Jubelin was in charge:

Apthorpe said he later went to a team meeting, and Jubelin told him he hadn't been invited "because you're not on board with the Savage inquiry". He said Jubelin used an aggressive tone.

Detective Senior Constable Greg Gallyot, who was in the strike force from 2015 to 2018, said at times there was a "scattergun" approach to the investigation. He said there was a degree of dissatisfaction in the strike force and he had seen Jubelin belittling, bullying and intimidating others. Jubelin denied this.

Inside the task force investigating the disappearance of William Tyrrell

Oh yes, there was def discontent when Jubes was running the investigation. Katie said she thinks the police are divided "at this point" so thought I may have missed something in relation to the current line of enquiry. :)

Katy is right :)

There was actually a report that I posted ( maybe in the thread that was pulled ) that stated the current team was split on who was a suspect.

I'll try & find the article when I have time.

It may just end up ruling her out in the end or the Coroner could have made orders to either rule her in or out IMO

There was actually a report that I posted ( maybe in the thread that was pulled ) that stated the current team was split on who was a suspect.

I seem to recall an article regarding the coronial inquiry which mentioned that police were divided.

Yes, I remember reading that recent article---probably the one posted here by drsleuth....and what I took from it was that some detectives/officers were still looking at some of the local pedophiles as prime suspects, and others were wanting to investigate the FP's because they had not been fully looked at back then.

So I think it was divided and this big, intensive investigation of the F-Parents will either rule them in or out when it is completed. JMO

I recall reading that article. Maybe in the DT?

I also recall reading in Jubes' book that the altercation between he and Lambert was due to differing case opinions.

Seems like the division in the investigators' opinions has been around for a long time, and has likely never ceased.

It is this division in opinion that makes me think that the Coroner is going to give an open verdict. Because it seems, to me, that there must be no evidence that points to anyone with any certainty. Not if the police opinions remain so divided.

I wonder who the other police suspect.

imo

Officer investigating William Tyrrell's disappearance threatened a fight after heated argument, court told

I recall reading that article. Maybe in the DT?

I also recall reading in Jubes' book that the altercation between he and Lambert was due to differing case opinions.

Seems like the division in the investigators' opinions has been around for a long time, and has likely never ceased.

It is this division in opinion that makes me think that the Coroner is going to give an open verdict. Because it seems, to me, that there must be no evidence that points to anyone with any certainty. Not if the police opinions remain so divided.

I wonder who the other police suspect.

imo

Officer investigating William Tyrrell's disappearance threatened a fight after heated argument, court told
Yes, I remember reading that recent article---probably the one posted here by drsleuth....and what I took from it was that some detectives/officers were still looking at some of the local pedophiles as prime suspects, and others were wanting to investigate the FP's because they had not been fully looked at back then.

So I think it was divided and this big, intensive investigation of the F-Parents will either rule them in or out when it is completed. JMO

Well if anyone comes across the link please share, I'm interested in reading it as I haven't seen anything recent that describes any division from nswpol about who the main poi is. * Asking nicely out of pure interest, so please noone come at me! ‍♀️

Well if anyone comes across the link please share, I'm interested in reading it as I haven't seen anything recent that describes any division from nswpol about who the main poi is. * Asking nicely out of pure interest, so please noone come at me! ‍♀️
Found it :)

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

The coroner had signalled she would be delivering her findings in June but that was delayed amid internal conflict over who police believe was to blame.

Found it :)

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

The coroner had signalled she would be delivering her findings in June but that was delayed amid internal conflict over who police believe was to blame.
Thank you for finding it...I just went down a rabbit hole searching for it myself. I skimmed through a dozen older articles from September and October, and many of them are focused on FA and GO and RP, and saying that the inquest will be looking as them further when it reconvenes.

And then suddenly we jumped to this new scenario, seemingly with no conclusion to the previous suspicions.

New details in mystery case of missing William Tyrrell - Frank Abbott 'has no alibi' | Daily Mail Online

Jaw-dropping new details emerge in William Tyrrell mystery as it's revealed jailed paedophile 'person of interest' who lived nearby had a secret son who died at three years old - and he 'has NO alibi'
  • Person of interest in the William Tyrrell disappearance hasn't provided an alibi
  • A convicted paedophile, 80, has been tuning into coronial inquest
  • It has been revealed he had a son who mysteriously died at same age as William
  • He has also been acquitted of killing a 17-year-old girl back in 1968 in Pitt Town
  • The three-year-old went missing from a Mid Nort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member