Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sep 2014 - #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This DT article says that Gov also became riddled with ticks and exhausted from the thick bush, uneven terrain, and lantana. Gov was there for 3 days. Arriving 2 hours after William disappeared ... which was too long according to his handler, Snr Const Gates.

Yes, clearly the poor animal was overwhelmed by the conditions.

They should have taped and cordoned off the property and immediate area. imo

Absolutely, however, first responders and neighbors thought (or were given to believe) that they were on a search and rescue mission for a lost/runaway boy.

Had it not been a comparative backwater, I wonder if the initial police responders would have done things differently. And I also wonder, given the publicity of this case, if NSW police have since changed the way they approach such circumstances -- such as automatically making the area an incident scene by taping it off and limiting access asap.

Warsh, absolutely no offense, and with all due respect, the first dog definitely arrived on the 12th ....

A police dog handler said he found tracking William Tyrrell was “impossible” on the day the three-year-old vanished because it took two hours for him and his dog to reach the scene.

The dog named Gov also became riddled with ticks and was exhausted because of the density of bushland where William vanished.

A statement of Senior Constable Matthew Gates was tendered today in a directions hearing into the 2014 disappearance of William from outside his foster grandmother’s home in Kendall, on the NSW mid-north coast.

“Upon my arrival on the 12th of September, 2014, I assessed the area and found that tracking was impossible. This is due to the amount of time that had passed between William Tyrrell going missing and the time it took for me to travel to Kendall,” Sen-Const Gates wrote in his statement in February this year.

“I believe this to be approximately two hours.”

William Tyrrell inquest: Police dog handler says search impossible | Daily Telegraph

my apologies everyone I realised after that Guv had been on the scene that very afternoon. It was the cadavers who were later . Goodness, it’s all doing my head in! God Bless his family.

Can anyone help please ????? And do I have this correct???

I am trying to remember the Inquest dates of the various tranches .....

There was a Directions Hearing - December 19, 2018.

Tranche 1
Sydney

March 25 - March 28, 2019
4 days duration .....

Tranche 2
Sydney

August 7, 2019 - ???
Can anyone remember how many days this Tranche was please???

Did the Inquest head to Taree twice????
As these are the dates I have found????

Tranche 3
Taree

August 19, 2019 - ????

Tranche 4
Taree

Start date ????
Finished early on a Wednesday March 2020, but not sure of the date???

Tranche 5
Sydney
What date did the final sitting start please??

Concluded on October 8, 2020

Greatly appreciated if you can help me ..... TIA ....
Hi SLouTh. These are the dates I have (from the tweets by Lia Harris):

19 Dec 2018, Wed, directions hearing, old Coroners Court, Glebe

25 Mar 2019, Mon, inquest hearing, new Coroners Court, Lidcombe
26 Mar 2019, Tue
27 Mar 2019, Wed
28 Mar 2019, Thu

07 Aug 2019, Wed, inquest hearing, Lidcombe
08 Aug 2019, Thu
12 Aug 2019, Mon
13 Aug 2019, Tue
14 Aug 2019, Wed
16 Aug 2019, Fri
19 Aug 2019, Mon
20 Aug 2019, Tue
21 Aug 2019, Wed
22 Aug 2019, Thu
23 Aug 2019, Fri
26 Aug 2019, Mon
28 Aug 2019, Wed

09 Mar 2020, Mon, inquest hearing, Taree
10 Mar 2020, Tue
11 Mar 2020, Wed
12 Mar 2020, Thu
13 Mar 2020, Fri
16 Mar 2020, Mon
17 Mar 2020, Tue
18 Mar 2020, Wed

01 Jun 2020, Mon, directions hearing, Lidcombe

06 Oct 2020, Tue, inquest hearing, Lidcombe
07 Oct 2020, Wed
08 Oct 2020, Thu

From: William Tyrrell: Volunteers continue the plight to bring him home, Camden Haven Courier, 07 Aug 2015

A photo shows a group of people holding up "Where's William?" posters and the caption calls them "The William Tyrrell official campaign support group for Kendall":

CamdenHavenCourier-07Aug2015.jpg

Does anybody know more about this? Was it (or is it still) an actual group? If it was "official", what does that mean?

From: William Tyrrell: Volunteers continue the plight to bring him home, Camden Haven Courier, 07 Aug 2015

A photo shows a group of people holding up "Where's William?" posters and the caption calls them "The William Tyrrell official campaign support group for Kendall":

View attachment 329157

Does anybody know more about this? Was it (or is it still) an actual group? If it was "official", what does that mean?

The lady centre back is Clare Collins. She is the Executive Director at Insight Communications - the agency who created the Where's William Official Campaign. The other ladies are a group of Kendall locals, not an official group as such.

About - Insight Communications

I'd be interested to know how many times the FFC referred to William by his name in the various media interviews.

I'm putting on my 'mother hat' for this one. Great idea!

All IMHO.
What is the implication?

I have watched a zillion interviews with parents of missing or murdered children. They often call them 'my daughter' or 'my son' or my sweet child, etc, and don't always use their names.

The lady centre back is Clare Collins. She is the Executive Director at Insight Communications - the agency who created the Where's William Official Campaign. The other ladies are a group of Kendall locals, not an official group as such.

About - Insight Communications
One of the "Kendall" locals in the photo, KB, was in another article reported to be living at Dunbogan:

William Tyrrell: Light candles for our missing birthday boy, Port Macquarie News, 24 June 2015

Not that there's anything wrong with that. And there are some actual Kendall locals in the photo, including the first neighbour to help FFC search: AMS.

Not mentioned in the caption but in the text, reportedly said by William's mother (who we now know as FFC):

"A special thank you to Wendy who has been coordinating on our behalf. We know that as a group you have been with us from the very beginning ..." BBM

I think the "W" would be referring to Senior Constable H, a local police officer who (I'm guessing) might not have been permitted to reply to a media report like this even if it was wrong and misleading. Even if she had replied to correct it (if in fact it was wrong), a correction would have been too late to shift the initial public perception that she was "with" the foster family.

MOO

No doubt the FP’s are getting a lot of attention now, not just from LE but online from forums such as this.
It may come across as constant hounding, but the majority of the information known comes from the FP’s. All this information comes under direct scrutiny because it’s information that can be investigated, questioned, disregarded, open to opinion. Some have the opinion that some excerpts of information are inconsistent therefore will be questioned more.
Unfortunately, it’s the way crimes and what follows it happens.
I try and keep in mind the many times parents have come under scrutiny, and been dragged on social media, like Cleo's parents, and Isabel Celis's father, for many of the same things people are talking about here.

When a grandmother calls her cheeky 3 yr 'a lil devil', it seems a stretch to call that 'derogatory ' or victim blaming, imo. Even when an 80 yr old refers to a 3 yr old boy as hyper or boisterous, I think it is a stretch to call it derogatory or insulting. I think many 80 yr olds think their 3 yr old grandchildren are hyper and that doesn't mean they don't adore them and cherish them. They are just older and less boisterous themselves, imo.

William Tyrrell's foster grandmother's police statement to inquest revealed | Daily Mail Online

"'I can't think of anyone who would want to harm William,' she told police in the statement, dated two days after the boy disappeared."

It's my opinion, based on the above statement, the FGM believed William may had been 'harmed'. She stated this within 2 days of William's disappearance. What led her to her belief?

This belief excludes the many other possibilities for William's disappearance, including wandering off & accidental injury.

In my opinion, I find it strange that she states the above but also discussed her neighbour with Police. This person was "someone" she did think of.

She also states "I can't think of anyone" rather than "I don't know of anyone". In my opinion, given her choice of words, the FGM is only advising us, at that point in time, she couldn't "think of anyone", not that she didn't necessarily know of anyone who would want to harm William.

All IMHO.
Please help me understand the following explanation:
She also states "I can't think of anyone" rather than "I don't know of anyone". In my opinion, given her choice of words, the FGM is only advising us, at that point in time, she couldn't "think of anyone", not that she didn't necessarily know of anyone who would want to harm William.

Ok, if I can't think of anyone who would hurt my child, how would it be that I would know someone who would? Does that mean I knew who might harm them but I couldn't think of them? I don't understand the qualification being made.

The last sentence said that maybe she couldn't think of anyone but that doesn't mean she didn't know of anyone? How does that work?

So she knew of them but couldn't think of them?

Hi SLouTh. These are the dates I have (from the tweets by Lia Harris):

19 Dec 2018, Wed, directions hearing, old Coroners Court, Glebe

25 Mar 2019, Mon, inquest hearing, new Coroners Court, Lidcombe
26 Mar 2019, Tue
27 Mar 2019, Wed
28 Mar 2019, Thu

07 Aug 2019, Wed, inquest hearing, Lidcombe
08 Aug 2019, Thu
12 Aug 2019, Mon
13 Aug 2019, Tue
14 Aug 2019, Wed
16 Aug 2019, Fri
19 Aug 2019, Mon
20 Aug 2019, Tue
21 Aug 2019, Wed
22 Aug 2019, Thu
23 Aug 2019, Fri
26 Aug 2019, Mon
28 Aug 2019, Wed

09 Mar 2020, Mon, inquest hearing, Taree
10 Mar 2020, Tue
11 Mar 2020, Wed
12 Mar 2020, Thu
13 Mar 2020, Fri
16 Mar 2020, Mon
17 Mar 2020, Tue
18 Mar 2020, Wed

01 Jun 2020, Mon, directions hearing, Lidcombe

06 Oct 2020, Tue, inquest hearing, Lidcombe
07 Oct 2020, Wed
08 Oct 2020, Thu
Thanks so much Stormy!!!!!! Greatly Appreciated!!

William Tyrrell's foster grandmother's police statement to inquest revealed | Daily Mail Online

"'I can't think of anyone who would want to harm William,' she told police in the statement, dated two days after the boy disappeared."

It's my opinion, based on the above statement, the FGM believed William may had been 'harmed'. She stated this within 2 days of William's disappearance. What led her to her belief?

This belief excludes the many other possibilities for William's disappearance, including wandering off & accidental injury.

In my opinion, I find it strange that she states the above but also discussed her neighbour with Police. This person was "someone" she did think of.

All IMHO.

I reckon it is reasonable to assume that her statement was a response to/prompted by questions posed to her by LE taking her statement. It is also reasonable to consider a child has come to harm if they’ve been missing for two days IMO.

Do you believe she did know of someone who would want to harm William? If so, who? I’m interested in your theory, I just don’t understand your point about her word usage, sorry.

"The foster gran, whose home William disappeared from on September 12, 2014, told police her other theory was that the boy may have walked down a nearby highway with 'lots of traffic moving back and forth'. "

MOO - This other theory of FGM........I wonder if she thought about what she was saying indepth. JMO that for that theory to have contained any substance, that would have to assume that even as she said "'lots of traffic moving back and forth'." there would be absolutely no witnesses to him coming to harm there.

Please help me understand the following explanation:

Ok, if I can't think of anyone who would hurt my child, how would it be that I would know someone who would? Does that mean I knew who might harm them but I couldn't think of them? I don't understand the qualification being made.

The last sentence said that maybe she couldn't think of anyone but that doesn't mean she didn't know of anyone? How does that work?

So she knew of them but couldn't think of them?
Hi Katy, I cannot explain it better than I already did to assist with your own interpretation.

All IMHO.

Last edited:

"The foster gran, whose home William disappeared from on September 12, 2014, told police her other theory was that the boy may have walked down a nearby highway with 'lots of traffic moving back and forth'. "

MOO - This other theory of FGM........I wonder if she thought about what she was saying indepth. JMO that for that theory to have contained any substance, that would have to assume that even as she said "'lots of traffic moving back and forth'." there would be absolutely no witnesses to him coming to harm there.

It’s a few km’s to the highway and a river crossing too, no way a child would walk that far. Unless she was meaning the Main Street of Kendall?
Either way, there would’ve been witnesses seeing a little boy alone. Perhaps even a scent the dogs may of picked up following his tracks

It’s a few km’s to the highway and a river crossing too, no way a child would walk that far. Unless she was meaning the Main Street of Kendall?
Either way, there would’ve been witnesses seeing a little boy alone. Perhaps even a scent the dogs may of picked up following his tracks
That is exactly my point Travelling Wilbury........JMO so why would FGM say such a thing?

I reckon it is reasonable to assume that her statement was a response to/prompted by questions posed to her by LE taking her statement. It is also reasonable to consider a child has come to harm if they’ve been missing for two days IMO.

Do you believe she did know of someone who would want to harm William? If so, who? I’m interested in your theory, I just don’t understand your point about her word usage, sorry.
Yes, I agree with you regarding your assumption the FGM may have been asked this question. AFAIK, this was reportedly in her statement to Police. I would find this interesting if this was the case.

Just to clarify, "come to harm" (your words) and "'I can't think of anyone who would want to harm William,' (FGM) may refer to different circumstances in my opinion, for example, misadventure versus human intervention.

I cannot explain it better than I already did to assist with your own interpretation.

All IMHO.

Possibly to "justify" the drive taken by FFC to that area???????? Subconsciously?????
Is that what you are thinking, CBe???

My Own Question....
I hadn't thought of that as her possible reason SLouTh........you have made a very good point.
FGM may have wanted to address that drive taken by FFC ...... without wanting to make it obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho