Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She didn't walk through. As per her story she started to walk through and then changed her mind because she didn't immediately see something and made different decisions about the sound. That's a cursory look.

I am sorry, but I am not seeing what part of "I went walking through" means that she started to walk through and changed her mind.

“I went walking through, went on top of that grassy knoll.
“I got into the bush and I thought I can’t see any red.

The reeds and long grass are before the bush in the area she is speaking of. She would have to walk through them to achieve 'I got into the bush'. imo

az.jpg
Google Maps

I am happy to agree to disagree on this matter.

I am sorry, but I am not seeing what part of "I went walking through" means that she started to walk through and changed her mind.

The reeds and long grass are before the bush in the area she is speaking of. She would have to walk through them to achieve 'I got into the bush'. imo

View attachment 340240
Google Maps

Unless I have it incorrectly, wasn't the back of William's Spiderman outfit a blue colour!
If that is correct, then FFC would have been aware of this, and if he was lying on his stomach or crouching and facing in the opposite direction he could be missed.

here is the info about the fps pr management company with a testimonial by lia harris crime reporter....

The campaign has made a major difference to the media coverage of the case in multiple ways, including the way the investigation was portrayed. Having a singular point of contact for information relating to William’s family and planned events has made the job of media coverage much simpler and led to a more consistent approach to news stories surrounding the case. While questions about the ongoing investigation are still directed to police, any other information, most importantly, fact-checking, is dealt with by Insight. In a major case like this one, where there is extensive public and media interest, I have never experienced a more organised and consolidated approach to ensuring only correct and valuable information is reported in the media. Their approach to working with journalists and using the media as another tool to help assist the Police investigation has hugely benefited all parties. I have also witnessed the public’s perception of the case change significantly as a result of the campaign which is now focused on helping to find William, rather than laying blame for his disappearance. Insight has done, and continues to do, a phenomenal job running this ground-breaking campaign. I have every belief their work will help to solve this case.
Lia Harris, Senior Crime Reporter, The Sunday Telegraph
Testimonials - Insight Communications

I have a problem with this whole bit "gone clump on his shoulders, picked him up and moved him on"

To me it almost suggests lifting a dead weight.
I think the adjectives quite strongly articulate what may be an intuitive thought - a very sudden thought - to explain such a sudden disappearance, and a sense that he has been briskly moved away from Benooran drive. This is one of the most compelling and truthful sounding thing that FM has said of the events. IMO.

I think the adjectives quite strongly articulate what may be an intuitive thought - a very sudden thought - to explain such a sudden disappearance, and a sense that he has been briskly moved away from Benooran drive. This is one of the most compelling and truthful sounding thing that FM has said of the events. IMO.
A knowing that something really bad has happened to William, something frightening and sudden and traumatic.

For those asking about the reported confirmation of FM's camera time, it was reported as 'exclusive' by Caroline Overington, Literary Editor, 12:00AM September 2, 2019:

Probe ordered into William Tyrrell’s last photograph

The Australian understands an expert in photographic metadata has been called in after NSW police admitted to confusion as to when the widely circulated image was taken. The photograph is a crucial piece of evidence, because it provides what is known as “proof of life” for William on the day of his disappearance on the NSW mid-north coast.

. . .

The report, obtained by The Australian, was generated by X-Ways forensic software. It reveals the image is a .jpg created on a digital camera, and it says: “Created: 12/09/2014 07:39:54. Corrected time: 12/09/2014 09:37:44.”

That app is available online for purchase by anyone and CO's article does not name the 'expert in photographic metadata' who used the software to produce the report.

X-Ways Forensics: Integrated Computer Forensics Software

Someone posted this article a few days ago ...... and I noticed something I hadn't read before.....

We have been told many times that the Crabb's heard what sounded like the "Postie's Car"
From our timeline on WS
10.05-10.15 Crabb's heard car ( they said about 40mins after they got home )

Neighbour's Peter and Sharelle Crabb had heard a car which sounded like ute.
But they did not hear any car doors opening or shutting, or any voices, the inquest heard.

William Tyrrell inquest: Foster mum gave different, contradictory accounts about day boy vanished - NZ Herald

And have we ever heard about the Taxi Driver's statement about seeing a Holden Commodore???
Where was the Taxi Driver when he saw this?? And what colour was this Commodore?? And what was in the box trailer???

A taxi driver had seen a Holden Commodore with a box trailer
William Tyrrell inquest: Foster mum gave different, contradictory accounts about day boy vanished - NZ Herald

Just interesting musings ....... of my own .... perhaps I have just forgotten this particular information???

A knowing that something really bad has happened to William, something frightening and sudden and traumatic.
That paragraph Deugirtni quoted plus some other things FFC said when very emotional, I think fit really well with her having found William fallen from the balcony. She is blaming God or some higher being for taking him. She can't make sense of it any other way. But it's not fair, 'you can't do this', give him back--etc.

But I can't make it work logistically--to successfully hide him in such a short time without any prior planning.

I came across these quoted in thread 40.

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 40s41 seconds ago
The Kendall Tennis Club CCTV camera “turned out to be the only CCTV camera which captured traffic... that could have accessed Benaroon Drive” and only showed “a small segment of the road”, the court heard. That vision was obtained by police. @10Daily @10NewsFirst

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 37s38 seconds ago
Police then had to try to identify the cars that drove past that day without number plates, as the plates were not visible in the vision, the court heard. @10Daily @10NewsFirst
IIRC weren't the images captured only a" side on view" of the vehicles??? And didn't Police ask locals to come down to an area (Tennis Club or Showgrounds or somewhere) to identify their cars by the photographs????
JMO at this point... unless someone else can recall that???

Edit - Found a link (Nov 15th 2014):
POLICE investigating the baffling disappearance of toddler William Tyrell from the small town of Kendall are focusing their investigation on CCTV footage taken from the local tennis club.

Investigators will today set up at the Kendall Tennis Club with still images taken of all cars captured on the club’s CCTV camera on the morning William went missing in the hope of identifying any suspicious vehicles.

Port Macquarie Superintendent Paul Fehon, who is leading the investigation into the three-year-old’s disappearance nine weeks ago, said police were asking everyone who drove past the Graham St club before 11am on September 12 to come forward and identify their vehicle.

“We’re trying to match them up to see if we can eliminate the local cars and then see if we’ve got cars that are unusual,” Supt Fehon said.

“Unfortunately, it’s not a head on or behind shot where we would have number plates, it’s only descriptions of cars.

“We’ll look at the side profile of a car and if we can’t find identify some then we may have a new line of inquiry.”

Investigators focus on CCTV footage in the search for missing toddler William Tyrell | Daily Telegraph

Last edited:
IIRC weren't the images captured only a" side on view" of the vehicles??? And didn't Police ask locals to come down to an area (Tennis Club or Showgrounds or somewhere) to identify their cars by the photographs????
JMO at this point... unless someone else can recall that???

If the images showed side on only, no number plates, then seems to me the only practical way of eliminating people would be for them to front up voluntarily, identify their own vehicles and explain their movements during the time/s in question.

If the images showed side on only, no number plates, then seems to me the only practical way of eliminating people would be for them to front up voluntarily, identify their own vehicles and explain their movements during the time/s in question.
Yes agree .... so how many vehicles were left unaccounted for, in the "time frame" the Police chose to use???? And did Police look at a very wide time frame???

View attachment 340240
Google Maps

If William was walking away in front of FFC, then she should have been, in my opinion, looking out for blue (as William's Spiderman outfit was blue on the back of it).
Police planted the Spiderman suit and hid in bushland waiting for Paul Savage.(Supplied: NSW Local Court)
7ac635c42307d2eacc9f318f409222b3

I am at a loss to know why police would need to use the CC in that fashion. Ordinarily, they would put it to the POI that they are lying and that they (the police) can prove it -- assuming of course that they can.

That sort of thing happens daily within police work and I can't see the busy CC agreeing to play that role in such circumstances.

I think it’s quite possible the ‘higher powers’ of the CC have been used to gain a lot of the required ‘intelligence’ data needed .

NSW Crime Commission Cases | Criminal Lawyers Sydney

Offences that are investigated by Crime Commission include:
  • Homicide,
  • Terrorism,
  • Serious drug offences (supply, manufacture, and importation) and,
  • Associated financial and money laundering activity.
This division has a range of powers available to assist in advancing investigations. These include traditional law enforcement powers such as:
  • search warrants,
  • telecommunications interception, and
  • surveillance device warrants.
The Crime Commissions uses Commission’s power to summons people to give evidence in the Commission’s private hearing room. This power is used to further investigations by obtaining information and evidence from people who are not prepared to co-operate with law enforcement.

What if WT's disappearance was couched in terms such as those responsible have commited an act of terror upon the public and upon govt. departments? Or if there was a skerick of evidence that WT's disappearance may have brought economic gain to this couple. Would that be considered organised crime?

or what if they stumbled on something else in the course of the investigation ?

I think it’s quite possible the ‘higher powers’ of the CC have been used to gain a lot of the required ‘intelligence’ data needed .

Yes, the media reports in relation to the CC appearances talk about recordings. I wonder if those recordings are from recent covert surveillance, or maybe earlier stuff ... again assuming that the CC sessions relate to the WT case.

There were a few odd sayings by the FFFC, “he might have hit his head and can’t hear me” , or “I heard what I thought was a scream in the bush, then thought, he can’t be here, so I left”, and the way she said he crashed twice into the garden bed then the sentence shoots off into describing 2 cars parked in the street, to which what I’ve read so far the neighbours can’t recall

Agreed, odd expressions, but I then as individuals, we do all express ourselves differently. However , the bit about hearing what she thought was a scream, but then not investigating the area / having it thoroughly checked - was something I personally couldn't rationalise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper