Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres the green thumb coming out in me now ;)

In September in Oz, most grasses have set seed and fall off easily. If the FFFC walked through these “reeds” or grass, which probably would’ve looked the same in the same location in the attached link, would’ve been all over her clothes. Did witnesses say she was covered in seeds?
2-D7-D80-CB-A443-4-CE2-A164-2-D3-C8-DABE74-B

Maybe she was maybe she wasn't but those reeds aren't that thick that you wouldn't see either colour - blue or red IMO.

You would still expect to see red - according to these photo's

18370944-7451785-image-a-6_1568245587465.jpg

William Tyrrell: Never before seen photos released five years to the day of Kendall disappearance | Daily Mail Online
I thought the MFC went out that morning to do various things including collect the papers. Wonder what is being read here.

Maybe she was maybe she wasn't but those reeds aren't that thick that you wouldn't see either colour - blue or red IMO.

Unless his tiny body was lying unconscious on the ground. It that case, it is likely the area would have to be combed over thoroughly to ensure he hadn't been missed. Did she ask the searchers later that day to check that area?

Unless his tiny body was lying unconscious on the ground. It that case, it is likely the area would have to be combed over thoroughly to ensure he hadn't been missed. Did she ask the searchers later that day to check that area?

IMO you would still have seen him.
Yes, that area was thoroughly searched that day ( also from memory was searched by AMS & LH too )

IMO that would be something the Police would do, and they did search that area fully AFAIK.

From my medical perspective, when I have zoomed in on the photo of William in the "roar" photo, he does look unusually thin for a 3yo. In addition, he has quite prominent dark circles under his eyes. It made me wonder about his state of health at the time the photo was taken.

Yes compared with other photos of William, where his face was noticeably rounder and fuller, so was his body. He does look very skinny in the last photos of him. It’s very easy to see.
Hard to make out arms and legs at times because they’re covered up.

here is the info about the fps pr management company with a testimonial by lia harris crime reporter....

The campaign has made a major difference to the media coverage of the case in multiple ways, including the way the investigation was portrayed. Having a singular point of contact for information relating to William’s family and planned events has made the job of media coverage much simpler and led to a more consistent approach to news stories surrounding the case. While questions about the ongoing investigation are still directed to police, any other information, most importantly, fact-checking, is dealt with by Insight. In a major case like this one, where there is extensive public and media interest, I have never experienced a more organised and consolidated approach to ensuring only correct and valuable information is reported in the media. Their approach to working with journalists and using the media as another tool to help assist the Police investigation has hugely benefited all parties. I have also witnessed the public’s perception of the case change significantly as a result of the campaign which is now focused on helping to find William, rather than laying blame for his disappearance. Insight has done, and continues to do, a phenomenal job running this ground-breaking campaign. I have every belief their work will help to solve this case.
Lia Harris, Senior Crime Reporter, The Sunday Telegraph
Testimonials - Insight Communications
Good grief. That is not helpful to an investigation. That's narrative control. That is obviously what PR firms do, so that really goes without saying; I mean that the explanation is literally an explanation of narrative control and how it works.

I understand that it's nice to have a single point of contact, but I would have expected journalists to confirm things from multiple sources and question the information they were being given, not simply take the narrative they were being given by a PR firm they understand the operation of as the be all and end all. In fact, I am a little shocked. I assumed that the media had been scrutinising the foster family behind the scenes, even if we weren't hearing about it in detail due to the privacy limitations, and would have been factoring that into the reporting, but now it seems that they weren't and were in fact essentially being secondary mouthpieces for Insight's campaign.

This will have had an impact on the investigation. Whether or not the foster family is involved in the disappearance, a PR run narrative is not helpful in solving anything because it manipulates people. That's literally what a PR firm narrative is designed to do. Investigations rely on people thinking clearly and independently. And IF the foster family turn out to have something to do with the disappearance then rather than help find out what happened, this approach will have actually helped stuff it up.

Yes compared with other photos of William, where his face was noticeably rounder and fuller, so was his body. He does look very skinny in the last photos of him. It’s very easy to see.
Hard to make out arms and legs at times because they’re covered up.

IMO - there is only one photo of William where his face looked rounder and fuller, the first ever pic released of him. All the others are very similar. Even so, that pic of William where he looked rounder and fuller, he was in the care of the FF. This could be explained by a growth spurt, but in none of the photo's does he look unhealthy IMO.

William tyrrell - Google Search

I think it’s quite possible the ‘higher powers’ of the CC have been used to gain a lot of the required ‘intelligence’ data needed .

NSW Crime Commission Cases | Criminal Lawyers Sydney

Offences that are investigated by Crime Commission include:
  • Homicide,
  • Terrorism,
  • Serious drug offences (supply, manufacture, and importation) and,
  • Associated financial and money laundering activity.
This division has a range of powers available to assist in advancing investigations. These include traditional law enforcement powers such as:
  • search warrants,
  • telecommunications interception, and
  • surveillance device warrants.
The Crime Commissions uses Commission’s power to summons people to give evidence in the Commission’s private hearing room. This power is used to further investigations by obtaining information and evidence from people who are not prepared to co-operate with law enforcement.
I agree. The NSW Crime Commission has greater powers in investigative techniques and with regards to compelling people, and there are specific charges for non compliance.

I do notice in those photos how very thin William appears to be.

Seems like he’d had a growth spurt since they bought the spidey outfit going by the length of the trousers, he also looks to have lost the ‘baby face’ from older photos so may appear slimmer, but not extremely thin IMO. Quite normal for his age and stage of rapid development, growth spurts are often accompanied by sleep regression too, particularly for a 3 year old sleeping in a new environment. He does look tired in the photos, but not unhealthily so.

Going back to previous comments about William’s apparent fear of climbing the tree, he was at an age of developmental shift where he would be viewing the world in more complex ways, therefore new fears and anxieties are common also IMO.

Seems like he’d had a growth spurt since they bought the spidey outfit going by the length of the trousers, he also looks to have lost the ‘baby face’ from older photos so may appear slimmer, but not extremely thin IMO. Quite normal for his age and stage of rapid development, growth spurts are often accompanied by sleep regression too, particularly for a 3 year old sleeping in a new environment. He does look tired in the photos, but not unhealthily so.

Going back to previous comments about William’s apparent fear of climbing the tree, he was at an age of developmental shift where he would be viewing the world in more complex ways, therefore new fears and anxieties are common also IMO.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they only buy the suit for him less than a month before when on holiday in Bali? No matter how fast he was growing it would not have made a visible difference to how his clothing fits in such a short period of time. And growth spurt or no growth spurt, he looks underweight for a 3yo.

Good grief. That is not helpful to an investigation. That's narrative control. That is obviously what PR firms do, so that really goes without saying; I mean that the explanation is literally an explanation of narrative control and how it works.

I understand that it's nice to have a single point of contact, but I would have expected journalists to confirm things from multiple sources and question the information they were being given, not simply take the narrative they were being given by a PR firm they understand the operation of as the be all and end all. In fact, I am a little shocked. I assumed that the media had been scrutinising the foster family behind the scenes, even if we weren't hearing about it in detail due to the privacy limitations, and would have been factoring that into the reporting, but now it seems that they weren't and were in fact essentially being secondary mouthpieces for Insight's campaign.

This will have had an impact on the investigation. Whether or not the foster family is involved in the disappearance, a PR run narrative is not helpful in solving anything because it manipulates people. That's literally what a PR firm narrative is designed to do. Investigations rely on people thinking clearly and independently. And IF the foster family turn out to have something to do with the disappearance then rather than help find out what happened, this approach will have actually helped stuff it up.

I read it in this way too ......this though is the clincher ..... I have also witnessed the public’s perception of the case change significantly as a result of the campaign which is now focused on helping to find William, rather than laying blame for his disappearance.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they only buy the suit for him less than a month before when on holiday in Bali? No matter how fast he was growing it would not have made a visible difference to how his clothing fits in such a short period of time. And growth spurt or no growth spurt, he looks underweight for a 3yo.

I don't think it's ever been stated when the suit was purchased, only that it was purchased in Bali - unless you have a link to say when?

From my medical perspective, when I have zoomed in on the photo of William in the "roar" photo, he does look unusually thin for a 3yo. In addition, he has quite prominent dark circles under his eyes. It made me wonder about his state of health at the time the photo was taken.

Individual metabolism, as well as genetics, plays a big part. I was always a skinny kid. People would tell my parents to feed me. I ate like a horse (no worms!) and was very active and a strong swimmer. My mother was slim and I resembled her more than I did my father.

In my early twenties when I went for a pre-superannuation medical checkup the examining doctor told me to put on weight and come back in a month.

I didn't really 'bulk up' until middle age.

As for William, we do have the FGM's description of him being "full of beans" on the morning in question, so he may have had a similar metabolism to mine.

Individual metabolism, as well as genetics, plays a big part. I was always a skinny kid. People would tell my parents to feed me. I ate like a horse (no worms!) and was very active and a strong swimmer. My mother was slim and I resembled her more than I did my father.

In my early twenties when I went for a pre-superannuation medical checkup the doctor told me to put on weight and come back in a month.

I didn't really 'bulk up' until middle age.

As for William, we do have the FGM's description of him being "full of beans" on the morning in question, so he may have had a similar metabolism to mine.
Fair enough, but considering I have seen a LOT of 3yo in my line of work over a total of nearly 3 decades in the field, I am of the professional opinion he looks underweight.
ETA I also am the parent of 2 boys, one of whom has always been underweight, so I know what it looks like!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper