Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they only buy the suit for him less than a month before when on holiday in Bali? No matter how fast he was growing it would not have made a visible difference to how his clothing fits in such a short period of time. And growth spurt or no growth spurt, he looks underweight for a 3yo.

They did buy it in Bali as I recall, but not sure when. A visible growth spurt could certainly happen in a few weeks IMO. My 4 year old seems to grow overnight LOL. I don’t think William looks underweight at all, although I don’t have a medical background, just a child development and parental perspective.

They did buy it in Bali as I recall, but not sure when. A visible growth spurt could certainly happen in a few weeks IMO. My 4 year old seems to grow overnight LOL. I don’t think William looks underweight at all, although I don’t have a medical background, just a child development and parental perspective.
Sorry, children do not grow centimetres in a few weeks (only relevant of course if the suit was indeed bought during their August Bali holiday).

I thought the MFC went out that morning to do various things including collect the papers. Wonder what is being read here.

Yes, he reportedly had 3 tasks on the list that morning: the Skype business conference; have a prescription filled and to get a paper for the FGM.

In that photo the FGM may have been reading the local rag, possibly delivered to the property as many local rags are (... or used to be).

It wasn't bush, it was the reeds near the bus stop on the corner of Benaroon drive & Batar Creek.

The FFC also did look in the drains there too ( but didn't go in them ) , which is in amongst the reeds.

If William was there he would have been easily seen IMO

View attachment 340273

Google Maps
In the police statement of hers that is read verbatim on the Where's William Tyrrell podcast, in the episode "One Last Roar" at approximately 21:30 (give or take 5 seconds), she describes it as "came from the BUSH". I am simply using her word verbatim.

I don't think it's ever been stated when the suit was purchased, only that it was purchased in Bali - unless you have a link to say when?

From the article:

• One video of him laughing was filmed in Bali weeks before he vanished
  • In the video, little William says his Bali holiday is 'good thank you'
  • On that holiday William's foster parents bought him a Spider-Man suit
Listen to William Tyrrell's talking just weeks before he vanished

EDIT: Sleepy Joe already posted link, here’s another that says the same

Last edited:
Individual metabolism, as well as genetics, plays a big part. I was always a skinny kid. People would tell my parents to feed me. I ate like a horse (no worms!) and was very active and a strong swimmer. My mother was slim and I resembled her more than I did my father.

In my early twenties when I went for a pre-superannuation medical checkup the examining doctor told me to put on weight and come back in a month.

I didn't really 'bulk up' until middle age.

As for William, we do have the FGM's description of him being "full of beans" on the morning in question, so he may have had a similar metabolism to mine.

I agree , my son was the same and still hasn't bulked up at nearly fifty , but a lot taller :)
this is a non sequitur on its own and is a useless debate IMO

Children do sometimes look tired from exhaustion .

Speaking of Bali, Chapelle Corby had campaigned somewhat for WT when she was released from prison, but those involved in the Wheres William campaign didn’t like it. Understand the fact she was a convicted drug smuggler, but she’s raising awareness too

Where's William campaign 'not happy' Corby carrying photo of missing boy

<modsnip>

I can hear it now "Schapelle Corby supports Where's William cause, what were the FP doing in Bali?"

I am sure that having the support of a convicted felon is not what they (or William) need. Unless it is a convicted felon who is sitting in the same prison cell as FA or some other POI.

imo

Last edited by a moderator:
<rsbm>

BBM : she would have been asked a million times about her movwements & actions that day ( and from when she left Sydney ) right down to the minute details . Police interviews are VERY detailed IMO & from my own personal experience .

I see no problem in her language or commentary. God forbid any of us are ever in her shoes , so to speak & have strangers picking & pulling apart her every word :rolleyes:
<rsbm>
She's been charged with giving "false and misleading evidence". It's completely justifiable to pick apart her commentary. It may not have been beforehand (by the general public), but it certainly is now.

Police statements are long and detailed, but that doesn't mean people give the sort of details I'm referring to. Many people say "I don't know" or "I don't remember" or provide fairly simplistic answers or stick to facts about what they did rather than providing explanations of "why" they did something. Also, there is a difference between being asked to explain your reasons and volunteering your reasons and she volunteered many of these explanations. I don't think police, or for that matter anyone, cares about why William had a T-shirt on under his Spiderman suit rather than a singlet. There was an entire rationalisation as to why he was dressed in something.

Sleuthing, which we are all here to do, is as much about getting a read on a person as it is looking at the information. There is a reason why trials incorporate more than just the whittled down "takeaways" of a statement. It is because the people making the determination are entitled to make judgements about the person giving the evidence. If two witnesses give conflicting evidence it is up to people to decide - by virtue of how they frame the evidence, their voice tone, their body language, any other cues they see fit - who is truthful. This is no different. What I am doing is making an observation of the person providing the evidence, in part of my sleuthing evidence to uncover information about this matter.

You are kidding, right?

I can hear it now "Schapelle Corby supports Where's William cause, what were the FP doing in Bali?"

imo
Kidding on what? You wouldn’t want more exposure on finding a child? Or did the WW campaign team want to be able to control what campaigns they could control themselves? IMO

Yes compared with other photos of William, where his face was noticeably rounder and fuller, so was his body. He does look very skinny in the last photos of him. It’s very easy to see.
Hard to make out arms and legs at times because they’re covered up.
FMFC mentions in his walkthrough video that William "....has got Asthma, and William wouldn't spend his time going uphill."

There had been a lot of physical activity (bike riding, roaring, etc) maybe he had an Asthma attack following taking that iconic photo. JMO

FMFC mentions in his walkthrough video that William "....has got Asthma, and William wouldn't spend his time going uphill."

There had been a lot of physical activity (bike riding, roaring, etc) maybe he had an Asthma attack following taking that iconic photo. JMO
Perhaps an asthma attack and the FFP’s forgot his ventolin inhaler? Just a suggestion imo

Kidding on what? You wouldn’t want more exposure on finding a child? Or did the WW campaign team want to be able to control what campaigns they could control themselves? IMO

No, I wouldn't want Schapelle Corby involved. Or anyone who is convicted of drug running. If it was my missing child.

The local paper
EDIT: Sorry, something happened to my comment and then it meshed it into this reply. What I was going to say was that by my recollection, FGM was reading the local paper that comes out once a week and FF was getting a daily paper. Then someone else answered it and I thought I'd deleted my comment. Sorry, formatting issue.

I read it in this way too ......this though is the clincher ..... I have also witnessed the public’s perception of the case change significantly as a result of the campaign which is now focused on helping to find William, rather than laying blame for his disappearance.
Yes, I nearly spat out my tea at that line. They're articulating the fact that the public was manipulated. To what end we don't know, but it would have had an impact on how people approached the provision of information in this case.

Simply going with what they have said: that the focus is on finding William, rather than laying blame for it - not helpful at all. If police believed they were dealing with a situation of harm then people simply considering what they may have seen rather than the way someone acted could have shifted the investigation away from finding the culprit. I have heard police say countless times in countless investigations to look out for "changes of behaviour" and people "behaving unusually". This is about character, not just circumstances.

Last edited:
No, I wouldn't want Schapelle Corby involved. Or anyone who is convicted of drug running. If it was my missing child.

IMO If someones intent was merely to help find out what happened to my child I would willingly accept the kindness and thoughts regardless of their "previous indiscretions " Who am I too judge the intent . Even it wasn't such a great look it would not matter .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper