Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
William went missing whilst under the FPs care and I'd hate to think of the psychological impact (this alone) will have on LT, but regardless of this, they still played a parenting role with both children. Therefore, I don't get the back and forth banter over their classification, as this can't be disputed despite anyone's opinions on the FM and FF.
I agree there is enough to raise suspicion on the behaviour of FM in interviews but it doesn't exactly prove anything.
If I'm honest the time it occurred has always been the most perplexing thing to me and I've always thought she's hiding something. But then add in the fact her identity has been concealed (for whatever reasons) and it could easily explain how this plays a large factor in the public forming perceptions on her.
It's all bizarre to me, as I understand the necessity behind it (from a legal perspective) yet also the rationale of those who suspect a more sinister role from her (in him vanishing, at that specific time).

There's some great discussion content for debate on here and very respectful people but lately I've noticed that some are throwing in unnecessary speculation - that is not only irrelevant to the case, but disrespectful of young William.
He was a three year old child with medical conditions and it's sad to see one photograph of him being dissected to bits to say he looked neglected and taken as confirmation, of this. I am personally thinking there's something more we're not being told by the FM however there's no doubt in my mind (from looking at that photo) he looked normal and that they provided a protective, nurturing environment for him.
FACs/DOCs and the intiital police investigation have royally messed a lot up in this case but it's hard to read some remarks about William's appearance when everyone has knowledge of his asthma and other disorders.
If I am overstepping the mark with my comments, I apologise, as I also don't wish to tread on anyone's toes or offend other members.

No surprise. If it wasn't for the rise in drug use (supplied by drug runners everywhere) there would be fewer children in foster care.

The Schapelles of the world don't think about that. imo

In a recent paper from the National Bureau of Economic Research, three professors from Notre Dame estimated that “if drug abuse had remained at 1996 levels, 1.5 million fewer children would have lived away from a parent in 2015.”
Perspective: Illegal drugs aren’t harmless, especially when the addicted are parents

National framework for protecting Australia's children indicators
Parental substance misuse is a key risk factor for child abuse and neglect. Misuse can compromise parents' ability to consistently provide a stable and safe environment for children, maintain household tasks and routines, and respond to their children’s emotional needs. Financial difficulties can also arise due to substance misuse, compounding the issues faced by the family.
National framework for protecting Australia's children indicators, 3.1 Parental substance use (drugs) - Australian Institute of Health and Welfare

My comments & beliefs in no way condone or minimise the disastrous & dangerous impact of the ‘drug trade’. And this isn’t the forum in which to debate the reasons why so much is f@#&ed up in our society in general.

You were surprised at my reaction to Schapelle's 'involvement', my post explained why I agreed that it was inappropriate in this case.

"The official campaign to find William Tyrrell has distanced itself from convicted drug smuggler Schapelle Corby, after she carried a bag with a photo of the missing boy through the media scrum in Bali before travelling to Australia."

"William's family and their campaign to support the NSW Police in their investigation in the search for William have absolutely no association with Schapelle Corby, her supporters or her family and had no prior knowledge of Miss Corby's intention to use William's image in this way."
Where's William campaign 'not happy' Corby carrying photo of missing boy

I think it’s inappropriate for Schapelle to be involved with the organisation for WT, but I think it was very good of her to highlight the plight of what happened to him and the need to find answers. Any efforts to find him are good in my books.
I’m wondering how she found out- did she watch the Aussie news or did something happen when the fosters were there a few weeks earlier and word got around?

I think it’s inappropriate for Schapelle to be involved with the organisation for WT, but I think it was very good of her to highlight the plight of what happened to him and the need to find answers. Any efforts to find him are good in my books.
I’m wondering how she found out- did she watch the Aussie news or did something happen when the fosters were there a few weeks earlier and word got around?

Evidently, she got the photo from somewhere. So she had either printed it off from an online media article or cut it out of a newspaper, I would think.

And, yes, something did happen in Bali. The FP bought William's spiderman suit there. I am pretty sure that the disappearance would have made the news there - especially with the popularity of Bali to Australians, and especially with that little spiderman suit detail.

Last edited:
To think using your notoriety that has divided Australians in their opinion shows she either had an over inflated sense of self or possibly was naive and missed the mark. To me the act spoke more of her trying to resurrect herself publicly at the expense of Williams terrible misfortune. It missed the mark.

Evidently, she got the photo from somewhere. So she had either printed it off from an online media article or cut it out of a newspaper, I would think.

And, yes, something did happen in Bali. The FP bought William's spiderman suit there. I am pretty sure that the disappearance would have made the news there - especially with the popularity of Bali to Australians, and especially with that little spiderman suit detail.

IMO she was just trying to make herself look good publicly, coming home to Australia might as well do good in the public eye and get attention for myself by bringing attention to a missing boy.

The topic was how William bonded with FF, I think you know what I’m talking about guy things.

Without being sexist, it was my dad who’d give me a hammer & chunk of wood to bash the crap outta alongside him when he was fixing things.
Guy things, it wasn’t mum who showed me how to change my bike tyre, then, eventually my car tyre and had my first beer together.

I think you know what I’m saying about ‘peeing outdoors together’.

Personally I don’t put much stead in the ‘guy’ thing - I’ve seen some very taut relationships between father & son, and some amazingly close bonds between mother & son. And yes, many females have taught the Tyre changing, the nailing & fixing, and shared the first ale

The difficulty for me in ascertaining the truth, across this whole sad scenario, is that the only ones telling this story are the FFCares. The enforced anonymity has ensured that recognition, memory snippets, and possibly important evidence have been easily obscured & non-forthcoming. IMO.

I don’t know for sure what sort of relationship William had with anyone as I’ve not heard it commented on by anyone in a position to witness on a regular basis.
And I’m a little quizzical as to why the need to focus on the ‘awesome’ bond W apparently had with FMFC. ..

and I never enjoyed this: Listen to missing William Tyrrell's infectious giggle as he laughs and talks in home videos | Daily Mail Online

The foster father filmed William, again with chocolate smeared on his face, sitting at a table in Bali.

The two discussed being on holiday and William can be heard saying a few words.

Foster father: 'how are you enjoying your holiday so far William?'

William: 'Good'.

FF: 'Look at the camera and say 'good. Good thank you'.'

I've been reading about asthma medicines, and there are three functional types: reliever medicine such as Ventolin, preventer medicine such as Flixotide, and rescue medicine such as RediPred. https://www.schn.health.nsw.gov.au/files/factsheets/asthma_medicines-en.pdf

Had Flixotide been prescribed and discontinued? Was it on medical advice that it was discontinued? If not discontinued, was MFC just confused at the time of the video, or did William go without his nightly medicine on those occasions when MFC put him to bed?

Do we know what script FMFC had to get filled during his trip for the call that fateful morning

Whatever people may think of these particular foster carers, comments like "foster parents are not the real parents" can be insulting to those reading along who had foster parents, are foster parents, adopted parents, step parents and anyone who doesn't fit the traditional biological family.

Foster families are as diverse as biological families. Some fosters play a carers role, some only short term and others take on a long term parental role.

Sometimes biological parents work hard to get their children back, others do regular visitations, and others for various reasons don't play any role in their biological kids lives.

Whatever people may think of these particular foster carers, comments like "foster parents are not the real parents" can be insulting to those reading along who had foster parents, are foster parents, adopted parents, step parents and anyone who doesn't fit the traditional biological family.

Foster families are as diverse as biological families. Some fosters play a carers role, some only short term and others take on a long term parental role.

Sometimes biological parents work hard to get their children back, others do regular visitations, and others for various reasons don't play any role in their biological kids lives.

Oh I agree!

A 65 yr old who raised her two baby grandchildren from 6 months, screaming with drug withdrawals, ADHD, asthma all diagnosed from drugs cannot be disregarded.

What a thankless task it would be for a foster family to take on that for God knows how long. No money would have me do that.
Its a very special person who would take that on.

such strong medicines for a small person

Yep, Asthma is not nice; serious asthma can be life threatening. It’s very important that it’s managed correctly, but also not over-medicated.
I don’t believe we know what type of asthma William suffered from ie was it Allergy induced or from seasonal triggers, or was it bronchial / Cold or even stress or exercise induced. And was it properly diagnosed by a spirometry test .
Having said all that, I don’t think it was asthma that obliterated William.

l would say that is incredibly unlikely. She’s still under the care of the minister until she is 18.

Have you got a link confirming she is in foster care until she’s 18?
Her other brothers are still in the care of their mother as per this link

His mother, who has two other sons that remain in her care to this day, previously told Daily Mail Australia she 'doesn't want anyone's sympathy'.

William Tyrrell's complicated family dynamic explained: From foster parents to biological family | Daily Mail Online

Sorry if this has been discussed before ...

Apparently the foster parents were planning on adopting William and his sister. LT would be approx 12 y.o. now and would have a say in whether she wished to be adopted. Even if the fosters had only applied for "sole responsibility", it seems they would need the consent of a 12 y.o. child.

Who is required to give consent to adoption?
For children under the parental responsibility of the Minister, their individual family circumstances will determine whose consent is required.

The consent of the birth parents and the Minister is required when:

• the child is under 12 years of age, or
  • the child (age 12-18) has been in the care of the prospective adoptive parents for less than 2 years, or
  • the child (age 12-18) is deemed to not have sufficient maturity to give consent.
The consent of the child is required if the child is aged 12 years or over and is deemed to have sufficient maturity to give consent.

Sole parental responsibility

Authorised carers now have the option to apply for sole parental responsibility for children and young people who have been in their care for two years or more.

Under legislation proclaimed in March 2004, a sole parental responsibility order gives you most of the powers and responsibilities which, by law, parents have in relation to their children. You could make long-term decisions for the child or young person and decide for yourself about their best interests without the need to consult with the designated agency.

A sole parental responsibility order is a long term order intended to last until the child or young person is 18, and is aimed at increasing their sense of stability. The order requires the consent of the birth parents and the child or young person if they are over 12.

Have you got a link confirming she is in foster care until she’s 18?
Her other brothers are still in the care of their mother as per this link

William Tyrrell's complicated family dynamic explained: From foster parents to biological family | Daily Mail Online
HIS HONOUR: The child the subject of these proceedings – whom I shall call Julian – was one of four siblings. Julian was removed from the care of his mother at 7 months’ age because of concerns that he was at risk of harm (associated with domestic violence and drug abuse), and placed with foster carers. Julian’s sister, who is a year older than Julian and whom I shall call Sarah, had been removed from her mother’s care before Julian was born, and the Children’s Court had allocated parental responsibility for her to the Minister; she was later placed with the same carers as Julian, a week after he was. Subsequently, having found that there was no realistic possibility of restoration to their parents, the Children’s Court made final orders allocating parental responsibility for Julian and Sarah to the Minister until they attain 18; their care plans contemplate that they will remain in their placement with their current carers until 18. The other two siblings, who are younger than Julian, remain in their mother’s care, and there are apparently no current child protection concerns in respect of them.
Secretary, Department of Family and Community Services v Smith [2017] NSWSC 6 (23 January 2017)
BBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member