Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #72

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't read that as saying there's only one tower that connects with Kendall.

I don't how to search for 2014, but there are a number of towers now that cover the area.

Limiting myself to the nearest Telstra towers (IMO the foster parents used Telstra phones) the nearest towers to Benaroon Drive, in order, are these:
12 Comboyne Street Kendall (Kendall shops, near the post office)--small cell only
Lot 39 Grey Gum Ridge Road Middle Brother
12 Hoschke Road West Haven (WH is between Lakewood and Laurieton)

And the nearest Telstra towers to the Lakewood shops are:
12 Hoschke Road West Haven
2 The Boulevarde Dunbogan
12 Comboyne St Kendall--small cell as noted above
Jolly Nose Hill Camp Ridge Rd Queens Lake State Forest Jolly Nose
Lot 39 Grey Gum Ridge Road Middle Brother

Radio Frequency National Site Archive (The P icon on the left side means proposed--so I haven't included those locations.)

Yes, I think there were fewer towers in 2014. One day I will look back for our previous discussions.

I guess what I am wondering is .. if they did a tower dump on one tower (which is the impression I get) then how would they triangulate with other towers (if any other towers could receive the local pings, distance and/or obstacle-wise)?

Can they triangulate using other towers if they don't do a tower dump from them? Is there some other way that would do that? I don't know the answer.

imo
Pretty sure there is a phone tower in Kendal state Forrest on a ridge, I recall this being talked about with a witness .

I'll check my notes to be sure

IIRC wasn’t one of the main things to come of the latest 7 Doco with CO (that has since been pulled due to additional suppression orders) that there was more than one tower that had information for that day???

IMO, I had the distinct impression, from that documentary, that Police had only looked at information from one tower……

MOO

Witness PN on the 12/3/20 gave evidence that he has a communications tower on his property ( 16 acre property of Lorne Rd after the intersection @ Logan's Crossing Rd )

Do you recall if that was the only thing that witness was there for, to testify that the tower was on that property?

Because, if so, that could be the tower that they dumped.

Google says it is closer to Kendall, further from Lakewood.
I think it would be right around where Google has put the red dot on the map.

a.jpg
Google maps

I agree SouthAussie. I too would love to know how the circumstantial evidences weighs up against evidence involving others. But there’s only one poi le are talking about. That’s why le searched recently. To try a different angle or theory with the new developments they have. That’s what the most recent searches have been for. I’m not sure there are too many people who think FA is their guy. I think more people are inclined to think the foster carers is their top suspect (poi). <modsnip>. Le can prove they lied and a lot of other things. We need to see where it goes when ffc & mfc appear in court. I’m anxious to hear more about what’s really the truth. Moo imo
During the inquest, the main suspect appeared to be FA. There was a lot of testimony about him and he was supposed to be interviewed formally---but then they closed it down rather suddenly.

I do not think anything happened to clear him at that time. They just switched their focus totally to the Fosterers and named them as the new POIs. But as far as I have seen so far, they have not come up with any solid evidence that they are guilty of harming William.

We still have to see what happens with these charges about them telling lies and being abusive. That will be happening soon. But I don't think any of that clears the previous POIs yet, IMO.

Do you recall if that was the only thing that witness was there for, to testify that the tower was on his property?

View attachment 356309
Google maps
I don't think so SA, it came up in his evidence.

He owns the property were FA said he saw "TJ" at the log dump.

This witness has known FA for over 20 years.

His block is steep, rocky & bushy. A steep bush block.

Public land up hill, up fire trail & comes to Kendall State Forrest ( fire trail along ridge )

He was than shown a map to show where the communication tower was. He said " Kendall Forrest Rd, Ist intersection turn Rt & follow unmarked trail till you get to the junction. Tower is on his private property.

He was asked if he ever took FA or RP up there ( it was 4WD only ) which he didn't

Do you recall if that was the only thing that witness was there for, to testify that the tower was on that property?

View attachment 356309
Google maps
1658908762611.png
This is where the Lorne Road Kendall NBN tower is supposed to be according to the RFNSA website. The green to bottom left is Kendall State Forest. Radio Frequency National Site Archive

I went back to the very first threads for William here ----looking for the earliest info given.

Here is an article from first week:

Kendall in agony over mystery of a little boy lost

September 21, 2014

As William played in the backyard on Friday morning, his mother caught a snap on her phone of him drawing with crayons, his sister behind him and his grandmother on the deck with her slippers just in view. He started a game of "chaseys" with his sister, running around the two-storey Queenslander, when suddenly he was gone.

William's grandmother was sitting out back and saw nothing.

His mother had ducked inside to make a cup of tea at the front of the house, with windows that look down Benaroon Drive, and saw nothing

A neighbour told Fairfax Media that his grandmother came running down Benaroon Drive knocking on doors and asking, "Have you seen my grandson?"

The neighbour watched the father, who had been in town running errands (which have been verified by police), arrive back within seconds and start "running around like a mad thing".

Police were called within 20 minutes. Within two hours, a full-scale search was underway and detectives were on the scene.

However, Superintendent Fehon said there has not been a shred of evidence that William either wandered into the bush, was abducted by a stranger, or taken by someone known to him.

Every home has been searched. The Sex Crimes Squad has verified the whereabouts of known offenders in the street or town. Cameras have been sent down sewer pipes.

William's grandmother's house has been searched from the roof cavity to the basement.

After trampling the three-kilometre "hot zone" three times over, police widened their operation on Thursday to a 48-square kilometre "evidence-based search" through the Middle Brother State Forest, looking for any signs of "human intervention" such as items discarded by a kidnapper in a car.

Strike Force Rosann detectives are sifting through hundreds of pieces of information: possible sightings, bits of clothing, a man who asked at the general store for directions to Benaroon Drive. But nothing has proven credible.

"That's the baffling part of this case," Superintendent Fehon said. "There is simply nothing."

Local SES controller Paul Burg said most volunteers have vowed to keep going because they know William's family. "But it's never gone this long without anything," he said.

William's father has often joined the search, drenched in sweat and tears and thanking the search crews and the local ladies who have kept them fed with donated food.

"He looked like he had aged about 10 years in a day," said one friend. "He keeps saying, 'where's my little Spidey-Man?'."

It's believed William's grandmother has left home to stay with a friend, overwhelmed by stress. Two little bikes remain on the back porch. Superintendent Paul Fehon walks around the property and is at a loss to explain what might have happened.

View attachment 356314
This is where the Lorne Road Kendall NBN tower is supposed to be according to the RFNSA website. The green to bottom left is Kendall State Forest. Radio Frequency National Site Archive

I got the distinct impression that FA knows all these fire trails etc very well IMO

Looks like there is a fire trail that goes right through that property and leads to (perhaps) the area where the shed is. The shed where FA was picked up by RP for his 300 km trip with a little boy.

IIRC wasn’t one of the main things to come of the latest 7 Doco with CO (that has since been pulled due to additional suppression orders) that there was more than one tower that had information for that day???

IMO, I had the distinct impression, from that documentary, that Police had only looked at information from one tower……

MOO
Is there a link to support the 'latest' 7 doco with CO was 'pulled due to additional suppression orders'? Because in my view, that doco took so long in the making/publishing that the information in it became moot, and if in fact it was pulled, I believe it was due to its irrelevance and being way behind - CO was publishing months-old news at the same time other media was reporting on newer information, and it appeared the focus of the investigation had completely changed from what CO was proposing. jmo.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the NBN part of the telecommunications of all phone calls and wifi these days?
I am the last person to ask. This is the way I make it out. My landline is connected to NBN. That's through NBN's connection to my home. I can't take my wireless landline phone just anywhere and pretend it's a mobile phone, because it will be out of range of my home. If I were to have a mobile phone I'd need to engage with a mobile phone service provider, and to use it I'd have to be within range of a tower of the same brand (Telstra, Optus, Vodafone) that my mobile phone service provider uses. NBN towers are not mobile phone towers. They are for the delivery of fixed wireless internet by radio. To use that fixed wireless service you need the box and modem at your home like any other NBN service. (But the phone part is landline, not mobile.)

I agree SouthAussie. I too would love to know how the circumstantial evidences weighs up against evidence involving others. But there’s only one poi le are talking about. That’s why le searched recently. To try a different angle or theory with the new developments they have. That’s what the most recent searches have been for. I’m not sure there are too many people who think FA is their guy. I think more people are inclined to think the foster carers is their top suspect (poi). <modsnip>. Le can prove they lied and a lot of other things. We need to see where it goes when ffc & mfc appear in court. I’m anxious to hear more about what’s really the truth. Moo imo
I disagree with you about not too many people think FA is their guy

Looks like there is a fire trail that goes right through that property and leads to (perhaps) the area where the shed is. The shed where FA was picked up by RP for his 300 km trip with a little boy.
Assuming you can cross the river, it leads to Herons Creek Road, via within half a km (of bushland) from the back of Misty Way. Google Maps
1658952479937.png

I am the last person to ask. This is the way I make it out. My landline is connected to NBN. That's through NBN's connection to my home. I can't take my wireless landline phone just anywhere and pretend it's a mobile phone, because it will be out of range of my home. If I were to have a mobile phone I'd need to engage with a mobile phone service provider, and to use it I'd have to be within range of a tower of the same brand (Telstra, Optus, Vodafone) that my mobile phone service provider uses. NBN towers are not mobile phone towers. They are for the delivery of fixed wireless internet by radio. To use that fixed wireless service you need the box and modem at your home like any other NBN service. (But the phone part is landline, not mobile.)

NBN towers are put up for NBN services, but they are now also piggybacking mobile antennas on some of them. They are doing this to overcome blackspots.

I don't know if they were doing that in 2014 though. I think we found - way back in the threads - that NBN was just being rolled out in that area at that time. RD said he was working on the NBN rollout also.

Assuming you can cross the river, it leads to Herons Creek Road, via within half a km (of bushland) from the back of Misty Way. Google Maps
View attachment 356384

I'm not seeing how they would have had to cross the river, when using the fire trails to leave Benaroon Drive (if that's what happened). Isn't the shed on the Kendall side of the river?

FA did not kidnap and kill any of them though.

Nobody can confirm that FA was anywhere near Benaroon Drive the morning that William went missing.

Why are the FC's facing charges for lying to the Crime Commission?
Why are there so many inconsistencies in things that have been said by FC's?

There is no doubt that FA is a despicable human and an easy person to "accuse".

Police are not stupid though and I think FA is stupid and that is why he is in jail. Police would have had him at the top of the list of undesirables.

His movements would have been investigated closely and he would have been charged if he was involved IMO.
IMO, that FFC is a Poi doesn't mean, there isn't at least one person, who helped her to disappear little W. So she herself could (return and) stay at the crime scene no.1 as a desperate mother, who searched for him. IF that additional person should be FA, LE have no reason to tell us, the public, that now. After all he is in safe custody for a long time. Hopefully he doesn't die prematurely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member