Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious about the headline 'abduction and other scenarios'. What are peoples' thoughts on what some of the 'other scenarios' might be?

aglaia's post above mentioned Gary Tweddle, in that scenario (high on drugs), he fell from a height and wedged between a ledge in the Blue Mtns, he was not found till 6 wks later by a helicopter pilot flying overhead. Gary most likely died immediately or soon after the fall. Hundreds of people searched the bush land to no avail.
This could be the case with poor little William, something serious happened quite soon after he went missing and was unable to call for help.

I'm not giving up hope he is found alive in the next day or two, there have been children rescued and survived in earthquake rubble with no water and food for a week!

Just playing devil's advocate here, and trying to see the case from all perspectives. One thing in favour of the parents telling the truth, is that the older sister is on the scene. If anything very wildly different to the children playing outside would have taken place, then I don't think anyone would be assured that a five year old girl could be expected to feign a story and tell lies. A child's mind is just not that sophisticated - the truth would come out or be blurted out one way or another at some point.
So there MUST be SOME truth in the fact that the kids were playing outside... It IS weird that the girl cannot provide more information, but I doubt that she would be speaking under parents' or anyone else's directives to not disclose anything in particular. It's just too big a risk.

Just on the point that some people have mentioned upthread, about William possibly having his attention distracted by a wallaby or something in the bush and setting out to run after it. If that's the case, it would have had to have been a pretty big animal to have stood out from above the tall grass and be visible from the house...
What also gets me, is that an animal such as that would be even quicker STILL than William at 3 years of age. I doubt he could have pursued a wallaby or kangaroo for long, before losing sight of it and him just being impeded by the thick grass and foliage.
Aside from spotting something of interest to him in the bush, I really can't get my head around what would lead him to venture into it?
Do any people with children have any insights on why a child that age would run into the bush and vanish??

I think a five year old could be easily manipulated to tell lies. No telling what a five a year old might have witnessed, and at that age they are not likely to just come out and tell it like it is, especially if the situation is chaotic. Children that age don't easily put things into words if they don't understand what's happening. A five year old is still very subject to suggestion, blackmail etc. If William had chased something into the bush, it looks like the scrub is pretty tall for a 3 year old, and maybe he only had to go 50 metres before losing sight of the house. I'm probably leaning towards wandered off in this case. I really hope he turns up soon.

It might just be me but the tone of LE seems to be changing to abduction. The last few reports have been :/

I just had a thought ...
What if William ran in a totally different direction? Rather than head into the bush, what if he followed Bendaroon Drive until it met with the next adjoining road and got lost or picked up in that vicinity, rather than in the bush?
I'm kind of hoping people are searching there too, but it keeps being emphasised that they are searching all through bush and neighbouring houses.

This thought came to me earlier too. What if this initially started as William wandering off and through rotten luck he has run into someone who has taken him.

I just had a thought ...
What if William ran in a totally different direction? Rather than head into the bush, what if he followed Bendaroon Drive until it met with the next adjoining road and got lost or picked up in that vicinity, rather than in the bush?
I'm kind of hoping people are searching there too, but it keeps being emphasised that they are searching all through bush and neighbouring houses.

Yes, I had thought this earlier - and think William may have taken the path of least resistance - up the road. He may have crossed the road at the end of the street or even entered a gap in a paddock and kept walking.

How far away is the property with the dog?
Is or was the dog outside in the front yard of the neighbours property - had the dog attracted Williams attention?

The bushes look as if they may be lining waterways also. Little 3 year old's easily can get under bushes and down embankments - but not so easily get up them again.
I keep thinking of the river as a possible scenario as (heaven forbid) if he did fall into running water - he may have been carried downstream, and a reason he cant be found.

And to add, thanks to the posters who remember the Gary Tweddle search - 1000 people looked for 2 weeks + and Gary was not much more than a kilometre or two away when he was found. Very sobering for searchers.
... grant them the eyes to find William.

Based on similar cases, I think he is somewhere near, maybe in a neighbor's shack.

I think he is nearby, as well.

Two questions:
1.) What is a balcony in Australia? Here in the U.S. a balcony is an upper level deck with railing, on the second level of a structure. What is a pavillion? Like a deck? I'm trying to imagine what the situation was, having a hard time with that. Earlier I read that they were playing in the yard, and that scent dogs tracked to the fence and ended. So William went to the fence?

2.) I'm not sure about the laws in Australia, can a 5 year old be questioned by LE without parental consent?

Sorry Marly - snip away if I've said the wrong thing above!

Yes I'm sorry too marly :blushing:

I think there is much more to this all of this than we are being told - at least that's what I'm hoping for because this is just bizarre. They're releasing "new" updates but they basically say the same as previous articles. I really don't know on this one, we just have nothing to go on.
Breaks my heart to know that he is out there somewhere all alone :(

What are everyone else's theories/scenarios etc?

What are everyone else's theories/scenarios etc?

Before I have a theory there are things I'd like to know

Who was at the house. Was it just the parents and Williams dad's parents?

Nobody in the street saw any suspicious cars. What about any car activity?

Are the witnesses telling the truth about how long the children were unsupervised?

What were the dogs being used to track? Did they also bring in cadaver dogs?

Drugs?

Poor baby William xoxox

Two questions:
1.) What is a balcony in Australia? Here in the U.S. a balcony is an upper level deck with railing, on the second level of a structure. What is a pavillion? Like a deck? I'm trying to imagine what the situation was, having a hard time with that. Earlier I read that they were playing in the yard, and that scent dogs tracked to the fence and ended. So William went to the fence?

2.) I'm not sure about the laws in Australia, can a 5 year old be questioned by LE without parental consent?

I'm not an Aussie I'm a Brit but you're description is what we call a balcony too so I think the same in Aus. As for a pavillion, if it is in the garden then something similar to this is what I imagine

pavillion2.web_.jpg

If he was last seen on a balcony, how on earth does he go missing from that? And how is his scent then at the fence?

I agree with Oddsocks above, there are things I'd like to know before I can come up with a theory. This case is very bizarre, and I can usually get a feel for what happened, but this time ..........

I guess I really don't believe he went into the woods. And I am doubting that he was abducted at this point, especially if he was on a balcony.

We need more information.

Based on similar cases, I think he is somewhere near, maybe in a neighbor's shack.

When my son was about 4 he was playing hide & seek, he hid in a wardrobe and covered himself with clothes and promptly fell asleep. We searched the house & yard until the neighbour's older child yelled for him inside the house & then my son came out all excited that he wasn't found.
I could have killed him after he was smothered with hugs.
He missing over half an hour by then & I was seriously ready to call the police.

:thinking: any wells around?

Jessica Morales became famous in 1987, when, at 18 months old, she fell down a well in her aunt's backyard. She remained trapped for 58 hours while America watched on CNN.
Born in Texas in 1986, Jessica McClure Morales, also known as "Baby Jessica," became famous in 1987, when, at 18 months old, she fell down a 22-foot well in her aunt's backyard. She remained trapped in the well for 58 hours, while America watched on CNN, before being rescued.

http://www.biography.com/people/baby-jessica-17175736

Two questions:

You are right a balcony is usually an upper level.
This is Verandah or porch is usually on a free standing one level home leading to the front door.
Visualise Grannie sitting in her rocking chair out front on the porch.

Similar?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 216
Check the Australian Missing Persons Register FB page. Nicole is amazing and she is doing a wonderful job keeping everyone updated with actual facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff77