Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When my son played hide and seek at 3 he would hide in the same place usually in full view of people :/

What a gorgeous child. My son could cover a lot of ground when he was 3- he started walking at 9 months, and has been running ever since. He is 21 now, and still running flat out....

A number of years ago, a few kids in our neighbourhood could not be found- after hours of searching, they were found in the boot of a car on a neighbours property. Both kids were fine. They had jumped in the boot while hiding from older kids, and when the lid closed they tried to push out, and nothing happened. Had they pushed up, they would have been fine- it was an old car, being done up, and the lock was missing. They couldnt get out, so they went to sleep. I dont think that would have been my first reaction, but I am not 3. Surely by now all the neighbours have checked every space on their properties.

I feel so, so bad for this little boy and his family. What his mum must be going through- just heartbreaking.

Good to hear that they have a tracker out there searching now too ... he is not an Aboriginal tracker, but he is very involved in all things environmental, and is very involved with the Aboriginal community, so hopefully he has some luck. :crossfingers:

http://www.equilibrium.net.au/the-team/profiles/jake-cassar
http://www.permaculturenorth.org.au/event-1750410

Among those involved in the search is Jake Casser, a tracker who lives on the NSW Central Coast.

"I feel like it's my responsibility with the knowledge that I've got to come and look for this young fella in particular. My heart really goes out to the family," he said.

"I've got a young daughter, 11 month old daughter and I sort of put myself in the shoes of the family.

"(I) thought if there was someone out there that had skills like I've got, it'd be really wrong of me to not even take time off work and come out here and make sure that I try and look for this young fella."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-...duction-in-search-for-missing-nsw-boy/5743094

It is understood police are investigating known sex offenders in the area around Kendall as fears of an abduction grow, however Supt Fehon refused to comment.

“I don’t go into operational matters but we look at everything,” he said.

A clue finally appeared to surface earlier today after police received reports of a Spiderman suit dumped in a park in Port Macquarie, about half an hour away.

Officers confirmed the discovery a short time later but it was not the same as the one William was wearing when he went missing and was dismissed as a dead end.

Detectives are intensifying investigating other possibilities, including that William was abducted.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...e-william-tyrell/story-fni0cx12-1227058375645

997768-18b15b7a-3c84-11e4-b4eb-3aaea0238ac5.jpg

The 3-year-old was wearing shoes like these at the time he disappeared.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...e-william-tyrell/story-fni0cx12-1227058375645

On Channel 9 news tonight, it was reported that from tomorrow, this would become a recovery operation. No longer rescue. Experts have advised that there is no way a three year old child could have survived this long in the elements.
They will still be searching overnight too.
Parents reportedly devastated.
Still can't get my head around how he has not been located - with soooo many people searching and going over and over the same ground as well as new ground for up to ten kilometres...

Ohhh ... this is just too, too sad. :cry:

My heart goes out to William's family. What a nightmare for them all.

Hoping for a miracle. :praying:

Let's say a cyber prayer that little William finds the strength to answer his name or crawl out into the path of an angel searcher ASAP.
Please place angels around this tiny baby and deliver him safely to his mummy's loving arms.

Oh man, I really though little William would have been found by now.
How far could he get on his own? Were his parents and grandparents all inside the house at the time?

I'm seeing it now reports his sister was 5yrs old. I can't believe she didn't see anything. I have a 5yr old and she can't wait to tell what her big sis and brother are upto. She's like my eyes and ears, we laugh that no one can get away with anything with little sis around.

I wonder if he has fallen and is stuck somewhere, but you would think he would hear people calling him and respond. Poor little guy, praying for a happy ending here, hoping today is the day.

Never thought I would be wishing a child abducted, but I hope someone has this child somewhere and is keeping him safe. Chloe came home, hopefully this baby will, too.

Being rural properties and acreages there could be water tanks, septic tanks or wells he could've fallen into?

<modsnip> What town is William from, anyone?
My hubby said a Sydney radio announcer said his disappearance has been very suspicious from the beginning.
I really don't know what to think ATM.

When my son played hide and seek at 3 he would hide in the same place usually in full view of people :/

That is so sweet froglady.
Reminds me of little ones who hide in the same spot each time ;)

Has anyone else looked into family members? I don't want to post anything and it be thought as disrespectful but all avenues should be looked into :/ I'm sure the police are anyway.

My little man has his diagnosis appointment for high functioning autism this week so it might just be his way of doing it but I'm pretty sure his older sister and brother were the same :) he also likes to go to heir last hiding spot haha. Sorry for Being OT

What a gorgeous child. My son could cover a lot of ground when he was 3- he started walking at 9 months, and has been running ever since. He is 21 now, and still running flat out....

A number of years ago, a few kids in our neighbourhood could not be found- after hours of searching, they were found in the boot of a car on a neighbours property. Both kids were fine. They had jumped in the boot while hiding from older kids, and when the lid closed they tried to push out, and nothing happened. Had they pushed up, they would have been fine- it was an old car, being done up, and the lock was missing. They couldnt get out, so they went to sleep. I dont think that would have been my first reaction, but I am not 3. Surely by now all the neighbours have checked every space on their properties.

I feel so, so bad for this little boy and his family. What his mum must be going through- just heartbreaking.

I hope Police have checked then that no neighbours, or friends of neighbours drove off in the time William went missing - no trailer, caravans, utes, open boots, car doors... left the area.

I have also not read any reports about the kids playing on the balcony. Instead, I heard on a radio report this morning that the kids were playing 'chasings' and running around the house. If they were indeed on the balcony, BOTH of them, then surely the older sister must have seen or heard in which direction he went?! It is such a high balcony with unimpeded visibility and not all that big...
The house in question I think is the house of which a couple of Google photos were posted upthread, and the close up of the number indicates this is 48. It also aligns with images of the house published in msm that this house is on a corner, i.e. the last bend in Bendaroon Drive, before it heads up towards the bush. It is a house with pinkish-blonde coloured bricks.
As I previously mentioned upthread, I cannot conceive of how an abductor would be hanging around that area. There are far too few places to choose from, from which to potentially abduct a random child, and there is only one proper exit. It is a quiet area, evidently with people at home during the day, a street that is normally devoid of parked cars (as the pictures indicate) - how could someone lurking about not be conspicuous!? And how someone could pre-empt William/children being there, that day, at that time, and in that very instant 'unsupervised', on the grounds of a house that is occupied by elderly person/s. UNLESS they had inside information, and in that case there must be some kind of link to the family...
I can see why police have strongly been going down the path of William being lost in the bush BUT, as time marches on, how could they not have found him by now, in an area of up to ten squared kilometres? For the most part, these are experienced searchers.
I wonder if William went up a tree?
Or, if he's closer to the house still, like someone mentioned, underneath it for in some obscure place no one has obviously thought to look at yet?
If the kids were playing chasings or hide and seek of some sort, then it is conceivable that William found such a good hidey-hole that indeed no one can find him!!!
But, by the same token, if he was in the immediate vicinity of the house, even if not visible or underneath it etc, surely he would have heard people calling out for him?!
It really is starting to sound very bizarre, sadly.

BBM - I think this is very possible. Even just vaguely known to his grandmother. Maybe William had seen this person talk to his grandma before and thought it was okay to go over to his car to say hi.
I would assume being his grandmothers that the family would have visited on a regular basis? Certainly someone who lived in the area wouldn't stick out to anyone if they saw that person driving around.

How high is the river there at the moment?
Are there kayaks searching along the river and embankments?

William, where are you honey?

Just playing devil's advocate here, and trying to see the case from all perspectives. One thing in favour of the parents telling the truth, is that the older sister is on the scene. If anything very wildly different to the children playing outside would have taken place, then I don't think anyone would be assured that a five year old girl could be expected to feign a story and tell lies. A child's mind is just not that sophisticated - the truth would come out or be blurted out one way or another at some point.
So there MUST be SOME truth in the fact that the kids were playing outside... It IS weird that the girl cannot provide more information, but I doubt that she would be speaking under parents' or anyone else's directives to not disclose anything in particular. It's just too big a risk.

Just on the point that some people have mentioned upthread, about William possibly having his attention distracted by a wallaby or something in the bush and setting out to run after it. If that's the case, it would have had to have been a pretty big animal to have stood out from above the tall grass and be visible from the house...
What also gets me, is that an animal such as that would be even quicker STILL than William at 3 years of age. I doubt he could have pursued a wallaby or kangaroo for long, before losing sight of it and him just being impeded by the thick grass and foliage.
Aside from spotting something of interest to him in the bush, I really can't get my head around what would lead him to venture into it?
Do any people with children have any insights on why a child that age would run into the bush and vanish??

If there has been no evidence of William being in the 10 square km that 200+ people have searched twice I'm leaning towards foul play :(
Me too :(

On Channel 9 news tonight, it was reported that from tomorrow, this would become a recovery operation. No longer rescue. Experts have advised that there is no way a three year old child could have survived this long in the elements.
They will still be searching overnight too.
Parents reportedly devastated.
Still can't get my head around how he has not been located - with soooo many people searching and going over and over the same ground as well as new ground for up to ten kilometres...

Oh so not what we want to hear. I'm trying to think of reasons my kids or I would have gone into the bush at three. Chasing a ball, thinking it was a good hiding spot if playing hide and seek, or thinking his sister had gone that way?

His poor family and poor William.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member