Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to find info about sniffer dogs and whether children are harder to track, but I am not getting far. Does anyone know much about sniffer dogs? I am assuming that a little child would have less scent to try and find in the first place, but I have no idea.

Throwing something out that is way out there in regards to a car coming up the room and taking him - a friend of mine has a hybrid car, no noise as she arrives at my place, no noise when your in it. There is more and more of them now, just a thought.

Good point Adrianna :seeya:.

We have a normal car (not a hybrid) - a Honda CR-V - and it is SOOOO quiet. When I drive down our street I go super slowly as little kids play in the road and they don't hear me until I'm right behind them. People in houses definitely wouldn't hear it if they were set back from the road.

I live in a rural area, dominated by bush and gorges. With William in mind, I asked my students what they would do if they were lost in the bush. Not one of them said they would stay put. Some were heading for the top of hills, some were going down hill till they hit a creek, some were just going to keep looking for something familiar. We had a long talk about why, in the bush, you need to stay where you are and wait for searchers to find you. Alarmingly, when we talked about how, if you were lost, there would be people you didnt know looking for you, and calling your name. One of the kids said "they're the ones you hide from, the strangers who pretend they know you" We had a long chat about that one.

I was more concerned with the lantana that was shown in earlier pictures as searchers combed through the bush. That stuff is so thick. If a little boy was scared and wanted to hide, lantana would be a great hiding spot. He would be very hard to see, as well. You need a machete to get through the top of that awful stuff.

<snipped by me>

You know what .. regarding the lantana .. we have about 60 acres on our own plot that we can't even access because of that stuff and just normal overgrowth at ground level .. it would be really easy for a little kid to get into a spot that nobody could get into, and it wouldn't have to be too far off a path either. I've heard that kids lost in the bush actually start hiding and running from the searchers after a bit of time out there, if that happened then he may have simply hid.

<snipped by me>

You know what .. regarding the lantana .. we have about 60 acres on our own plot that we can't even access because of that stuff and just normal overgrowth at ground level .. it would be really easy for a little kid to get into a spot that nobody could get into, and it wouldn't have to be too far off a path either. I've heard that kids lost in the bush actually start hiding and running from the searchers after a bit of time out there, if that happened then he may have simply hid.

Sadly, there could be a good possibility that he did just hide. Lantana would give him some great cover.

I don't know whether its years of watching made for TV movies, but I'm always suspicious of 'neighbours', when police search for missing
people they only ask don't they? they don't search nearby homes.

What if William is very very close by, you could hide a little kid so easily if you were alone in a house, sedating..hiding in basement/roof....I don't
know, its just that its so easy for people to say to police, No, I haven't
seen or heard anything......

I don't know whether its years of watching made for TV movies, but I'm always suspicious of 'neighbours', when police search for missing

What if William is very very close by, you could hide a little kid so easily if you were alone in a house, sedating..hiding in basement/roof....I don't

You make a horrible, but good, point Olli.

Is it standard procedure to search neighbours houses? I guess not.

They should though, in a case like this. Every single thing needs to be done and every person looked at, really.

i know, william could be in any of those neighbouring houses, the person could have even been our searching for him as a concerned friend or neighbour!

i know, william could be in any of those neighbouring houses, the person could have even been our searching for him as a concerned friend or neighbour!

Which is exactly what many perpetrators do, unfortunately. They often inject themselves into the search......ugh!:facepalm:

I think they take the dogs with them. If the boy was in your home, hiding, I think the dogs would know. I hope so.

There was a comment on the SES FB page, when the police agencies from Sydney were brought in, that said that 8 officers were re-searching people's homes. I take that to mean that they were searched at least once before, and the Sydney police staff were now searching their homes again.

There was a comment on the SES FB page, when the police agencies from Sydney were brought in, that said that 8 officers were re-searching people's homes. I take that to mean that they were searched at least once before, and the Sydney police staff were now searching their homes again.

Thank you, SouthAussie - and katydid!! That is good to know!

Also there don't appear to be any fences as at 2010

Pic no. 2 - end of street leading into bush.
Pic no. 1 - see the side access leading to roller door access to under the house.

(I've learnt to to screenshots with my iPad):happydance:

The Google Earth pics in my post #778 were taken in May 2013, and there were no fences in them either. Just bushes/shrubs/trees forming some boundaries.

thankyou so much SouthAussie for that info...and katydid23 xxxxxx

There is a story on "The Australian" newspapers website today but I can't access it as you have to pay to read their stories but a lady has copied and pasted it on the amp Facebook today. I took screenshots of the story that was copied directly from the Australian. It was the most informative one I have read to date. If me posting screenshots is not ok please let me know and I'll delete :)image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

A four-year-old boy has been approached by a stranger in the front yard of his home in northern NSW this week.

About 4.30pm on Monday, the boy was playing outside his house on Bawden Street, Tumbulgum, when a vehicle approached.

Witnesses told police the male driver talked to the boy briefly before the boy&#8217;s mother came outside to investigate and the vehicle drove away.

Police said the car was a white Holden Commodore station wagon bearing Queensland registration plates 305EUB.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...ulgum-front-yard/story-fnje8bkv-1226953447823

Has this person with the car been located yet?

Thank goodness they got a number plate... NO-ONE has good reason to pull up in a car and talk to a 4-yo unless they are a visitor!!! Just noting the age group of the child here... Even if not connected, this person is very worth looking at for a potential abductor.

There is a story on "The Australian" newspapers website today but I can't access it as you have to pay to read their stories but a lady has copied and pasted it on the amp Facebook today. I took screenshots of the story that was copied directly from the Australian. It was the most informative one I have read to date. If me posting screenshots is not ok please let me know and I'll delete :)View attachment 59405View attachment 59404View attachment 59406View attachment 59407

Thanks for the screenshots Pink bow :seeya: Good find!

The Australian's mobile website seems to be available for that article ... at least, I think it is that article. Haven't read it all yet.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/...y-william-tyrell/story-e6frg6nf-1227064608526
(Link does not work ... just Google a sentence from Pink bow's screenshots and the whole article will come up ... thanks to bearbear for pointing that out.)

There is a story on "The Australian" newspapers website today but I can't access it as you have to pay to read their stories but a lady has copied and pasted it on the amp Facebook today. I took screenshots of the story that was copied directly from the Australian. It was the most informative one I have read to date. If me posting screenshots is not ok please let me know and I'll delete :)View attachment 59405View attachment 59404View attachment 59406View attachment 59407

Thank you so much for this info, Pink Bow :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members