Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Manny, I have a feeling a lot have been watching that page for this listing. :thinking:

Edits to add, and its in the Supreme Court in Sydney, is that normal?

yes that's normal but I want to know why it says bail hearing wasn't he already refused bail?

Thanks Manny, I have a feeling a lot have been watching that page for this listing. :thinking:

Edits to add, and its in the Supreme Court in Sydney, is that normal?

yes that's normal but I want to know why it says bail hearing wasn't he already refused bail?

I was wondering if it was normal because i know in South Australia a lot of cases are heard in country courts, actually thinking outloud, Sydney is where the offences took place.

Noticed it was a bail hearing and was about to reply that its a bail hearing. I guess he can keep applying for bail and they will refuse or give it to him.

I was wondering if it was normal because i know in South Australia a lot of cases are heard in country courts, actually thinking outloud, Sydney is where the offences took place.

Noticed it was a bail hearing and was about to reply that its a bail hearing. I guess he can keep applying for bail and they will refuse or give it to him.

Yeah that's exactly what I was going to say, he was already refused bail but this is more of a formal way to refuse it??! How ridiculous.. And to think, if/when he is sentenced, however long he's been sitting in jail leading up to the sentencing, will be deducted from the sentence time...!!

According to Colin the family had expected BS to get bail and a decision would be made to appeal against the magistrates refusal.

I guess the decision was made by the family.

I am thinking you would have to go to a higher court level to have the magistrates decision overruled.

I wonder if there will be any other charges before the 15th?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-sisters-alleged/story-e6frg6nf-1227317880928

I wonder if this is where the June august dates have been mixed up? Maybe august would be the trial date? But wouldn't they wait to set that date until he's been officially refused bail?

I wonder if this is where the June august dates have been mixed up? Maybe august would be the trial date? But wouldn't they wait to set that date until he's been officially refused bail?

If the family expected he were going to get bail I doubt there would have been a supreme court date available to report in msn that promptly. imo.

I am tossing up as to whether the differing dates is a typo in msn or whether there is in fact 2 court dates (3 now) pending.

I keep thinking about that facs investigation and whether that resulted in any charges we may not know about. imo

Wonder if he will still be getting the same support from MS and Colin as the last court date? A lot may have changed since then.

I'd say he's appealed the original bail refusal and is applying for bail in the supreme court.

There will be another hearing before we even speak of a trial. They need to go through formalities first, by compiling all evidence before a judge to decide if it will go to trial. A trial would be likely a good 12mths away if it was going to happen.

Yep months before a trial and that's if he pleads not guilty, if he pleads guilty then it will go straight to sentencing. I doubt he would have entered a plea as yet, he might at the upcoming court date

When he was refused bail at the last court date his solicitor would have immediately appealed the bail refusal and they would have been given a date for the appeal in the supreme court. They would have had the date the moment they lodged it which only takes minutes. Appeals are heard in the district or supreme court.

I'd say he's appealed the original bail refusal and is applying for bail in the supreme court.

Let me guess, NSW public purse is picking up his legal tab?

Before joining websleuths I was completely oblivious to legal costs. The price we pay for justice. I just wish parole boards took greater care of our 'investment'.

Thinking of William & his loved ones.

Just to let you all know this picture is now being investigated by AFP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members