Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without mentioning names and breaking any WS rules, have we ever had any indication that the bio family knew the FF, or at least who they were? I'm only guessing here but surely they would have to if there were visitation rights, not that I know whether there was or not.

I have often wondered if the FM and BM were connected through work somehow.

I always figured that the authorities didn't want the bio family knowing where the sister was or who was fostering her. In case it put her or them at risk.

4 named persons of interest.
1 in prison
3 before the courts in the coming weeks.
Does make you wonder who else might be before the courts that are/could be connected to this complicated family situation.
imo

Well here's one right now - church worker from Western Sydney:

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/02/19/14/07/sydney-pedophile-jailed-for-16-plus-years

Might not be connected, but then again who knows who knows who?

Regardless, 1 less in the public arena to molest our children. They sure have been getting a lot lately. Way to go, LE!

1 in prison
Does make you wonder who else might be before the courts that are/could be connected to this complicated family situation.
imo

1 in prison
imo

A bloke named Collins is due to front Parramatta court on 24 February. Collins is a very common name and there is probably no connection to William.

Would a grandmother get the option of caring for the kids before they are put into state system? Assuming one is fit to do so.

In Australia there is a stronger push for kids to be placed with family members if possible, especially for indigenous kids. As an aside, from various links in this case, I came across an American site that found although that policy was also in place federally, it was up to the states to administer how that came about, and in a couple of their states they were notorious for hardly ever using that option. There were many harrowing accounts from extended family members who were willing to take the children who were denied the right even though they believed they could provide good stable homes for these children. As a group they were arguing, that the placement of children outside the extended families was creating a lot of revenue for many workers and it was akin to child trafficking within the establishment. MOO

A bloke named Collins is due to front Parramatta court on 24 February. Collins is a very common name and there is probably no connection to William.
It is a common name but Interesting middle name of bloke, could be connection there..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Let us not forget there was another 3 year old girl living in another house "just metres away". The mother was unloading shopping. Always a possibility a different target was planned??

https://m.soundcloud.com/daily-tele...d-luck?in=daily-telegraph/sets/william-tyrell

True richie.

Did the little girl live next door to William's FGM former residence? I thought she lived across the road. I suppose her gender and place of residence wouldn't have mattered to a child sex offender. I fear the collision of warped desire and opportunity (or as Jubey says 'evil and innocence') was always going to result in tragedy for any unsupervised young child that fateful day.

I also wonder if the cars mentioned on 60 Minutes were ever seen by William's FM or they just belonged to the most likely POIs. Maybe investigators were on a fishing expedition. The timing of the announcement of their existence and location has always seemed suspicious to me. Police would have otherwise been stymied because the only CCTV was at the tennis club and even that only captured passing cars' profiles.

The same suspicion applies to the continued emphasis on the 'somebody [who] knows something' which may have been designed to flush out any useful information from families and associates of any or all of the people involved or on the off chance that an abductor would return William or contact police.

The could also be the reason for the 'care instructions' given under one of William's photos on the 'Where's William' SM page https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...53.-2207520000.1455907318.&source=42&refid=13 I wonder if this was made on the chance that someone had taken William so he could be 'their child' or because of some other mental illness, and he was still alive, subsequent to detectives exhausting their investigations into BS and local RSOs.

I honestly think investigators haven't a clue exactly what has happened to William and they and his family will be left in the dark until someone spills the beans about William's whereabouts or they stumble upon his remains. Both events seem improbable IMO as I think it's possible the perpetrator could have acted alone and be a highly functioning sociopath, and because the local terrain is so overwhelmingly vast and treacherous.

All of the above doesn't mean I have given up hope that William will be reunited with his loved ones. I pray for this outcome every time I think of him, which is often.

I really feel for anyone who truly loves William - the 'not knowing' must be torture for them. I lived through many years of not knowing whether a close family member was alive or dead and it seemed to me as if he was a soldier who had gone to war and was MIA. I just wanted to know 'for sure' what had happened to him. Thankfully there was a good outcome but a part of me was also missing until he was found.

Imo.....too much deception in all aspects of this case from day one.....imo !!!

The fact police won't offer a reward makes me think they do know what they are doing, but I do wonder if what they are telling us is accurate or whether they are distracting us from something else.

The fact police won't offer a reward makes me think they do know what they are doing, but I do wonder if what they are telling us is accurate or whether they are distracting us from something else.
After past few days, I have no idea what to think.....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

...... and they and his family will be left in the dark until someone spills the beans about William's whereabouts or they stumble upon his remains. Both events seem improbable IMO as I think it's possible the perpetrator could have acted alone and be a highly functioning sociopath, and because the local terrain is so overwhelmingly vast and treacherous.

RSBM
I am afraid that by the time William is found, there will be no way to tell/prove what happened to him.
A strong circumstantial case will be essential if a perp is behind his disappearance. Like you, I tend to think a sole perp could have acted alone. It seems to me that someone may have spilled the beans by now if others were involved ... if only to save their own neck.

I just want to say a huge thank you to all of you for continuing to post all the news updates and for continuing to discuss William's case. All the updates are much appreciated and it is interesting to read all your comments and points of view. Let's hope some progress is being made in the investigation. Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Great post Bohemian, I have similar sentiments around the case. There are many people who lose loved ones in all sorts of circumstances and are just left hanging in limbo. Even when it is highly likely that there loved one is not returning it does not occur to people to have some type of ceremony for them, weeks, months and years after their parting. Sometimes a service can be very cathartic in acknowledging, and finding acceptance that a huge loss has occurred. MOO

I am afraid that by the time William is found, there will be no way to tell/prove what happened to him.
A strong circumstantial case will be essential if a perp is behind his disappearance. Like you, I tend to think a sole perp could have acted alone.

It seems to me that someone may have spilled the beans by now if others were involved ... if only to save their own neck.

RSBM/BBM.

We agree on your first two points but as for your last, we also have to remember that there are relationships where the (often female) partner of a sex offender is in denial and will not waver in their support of the offender regardless of any evidence to the contrary. Then there are the (thankfully) rare cases where there is full knowledge (or even more incredibly, participation) in the crime(s) by both partners along with their pathological loyalty to one another, ie, the Wests and the Birnies.

Great post Bohemian, I have similar sentiments around the case. There are many people who lose loved ones in all sorts of circumstances and are just left hanging in limbo. Even when it is highly likely that there loved one is not returning it does not occur to people to have some type of ceremony for them, weeks, months and years after their parting. Sometimes a service can be very cathartic in acknowledging, and finding acceptance that a huge loss has occurred. MOO

Thanks frogwell. There is a lot to be said for ceremonies when our lives are in transition, even when those transitions are negative. Trauma and grief counselling also allows close loved ones to acknowlege and give voice to their heartbreak when someone is missing. I hope William's family have all the support they need.

RSBM/BBM.

We agree on your first two points but as for your last, we also have to remember that there are relationships where the (often female) partner of a sex offender is in denial and will not waver in their support of the offender regardless of any evidence to the contrary. Then there are the (thankfully) rare cases where there is full knowledge (or even more incredibly, participation) in the crime(s) by both partners along with their pathological loyalty to one another, ie, the Wests and the Birnies.
And then there are those partners who have no knowledge. I'm Thinking about Brett Cowan (Daniel Morcombes killer) he literally was the only person who knew what happened to Daniel. He thought he was taking it to the grave, thank god he didn't and thank god for our amazing QPS and the sting that bought him undone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member