Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have time at present but you could do this on one page as a Gantt chart...left side column house number and top row time...highlight intersecting box in colour when they were home...

The use of a Gantt chart is a great idea, WhiteLion. Do you have access to project management software?

Also, was going to mention I think LE know who did this and are just wating to fit yhe missing puzzle piece. I think the 'somebody knows something' and the reward was directed at a specific person, like a wife or partner.
Just my thoughts.

Hi, my first post. I'm Australian and I think about this case alot. I've read alot of the threads here. Just a quick question:
Are we only allowed to discuss what has been said in the media and must provide a link?
Does 'MOO' mean an opinion?
Does 'MSM' mean the media?

Somebody made a long post about BS at the end of thread 24...I'm not sure how to quote them as the thread progressed, however the person asked if BS had the washing machine part. I just wanted to say, I don't think it's verified, however I think he must have had the part because BS was quoted in the media saying he was relieved to not have to fit the part as he wanted to spend time with family.

Nice to meet you all. There's some seriously awsome intelligent people on this site and the WT thread.

Cheers Anita.
Welcome Neetsey, MOO = My Opinion Only, MSM = MainStreamMedia

I already mentioned a sad incident which happened only a month ago in Queensland where a 2 year old child accidentally fell into in a rainwater tank. None of the reports state whether it was an in-ground or above-ground tank. Here I add that I have found by examining an aerial news video that it was an above ground tank, and by comparision with the heights of adults standing near it in that video I estimate its height is about 2 metres. The child was in his grandparents' garden, and reportedly may have been playing hide and seek. (This is in addition to the tragic case ten years ago in South Australia where two 2 year olds scaled and accidentally fell into a 2 metres high above ground rainwater tank in their grandparents' garden).

Rain water tanks have a screen on top to filter out the leaves from the gutter. They are screwed on like example below.

83f5f39de72e103c1475ff0705d3f6f7.jpg

Hi, my first post. I'm Australian and I think about this case alot. I've read alot of the threads here. Just a quick question:
Are we only allowed to discuss what has been said in the media and must provide a link?

Somebody made a long post about BS at the end of thread 24...I'm not sure how to quote them as the thread progressed, however the person asked if BS had the washing machine part. I just wanted to say, I don't think it's verified, however I think he must have had the part because BS was quoted in the media saying he was relieved to not have to fit the part as he wanted to spend time with family.

Nice to meet you all. There's some seriously awsome intelligent people on this site and the WT thread.

Cheers Anita.

Hi Anita. Welcome and nice to meet you too. Is this the post you were after:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-12-September-2014-24&p=12828637#post12828637

I think this is the article you're referring to:

'Mr Spedding has claimed to relatives and police he was never due to visit Kendall on the day three-year-old William vanished, September 12, 2014, and was simply calling to say the part needed to repair the washing machine had arrived.

It was earlier believed Mr Spedding, named as a “person of interest”, was due to repair the washing machine on the Friday but did not show up *because he couldn’t get through on the phone.'

'He said he was “relieved” when he could not reach William’s grandmother by phone because he didn’t want to perform the repair over the weekend and wanted to take his children to their football game.'

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...l/news-story/97a47cc5fe384c2fbf91c2f87488c9fa

Websleuths' Rules are here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?160-FORUM-INFORMATION

but you can always notify a mod by clicking on the little red triangle on the bottom left hand side of your post if you're not sure about something you've posted.

Also Forum FAQs here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/faq.php

Again in my youth, my mates would know whose mate's houses were empty during the day (everyone at work, unlocked door, party garage whatever). The owners never knew their house was a teen hangout while they were at work.

Before you call me a bong-jockey, I said my mate's mates. I was at Uni sinking piss.

BBM: They have a degree for that?! :gasp: hahahahaha .....

Yes that's it Bohemian. Are we supposed to provide a link to cite anything we say? For example in my 2 posts? I wasn't sure, sorry.

Cheers Anita.

Welcome Neetsey :)

There is a thread here where people have stated various acronyms that are used here, and their definition.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...viations-and-Acronyms-LIST-ONLY-NO-DISCUSSION

There used to be an entire list somewhere, but I can't find it at the moment.

Yes that's it Bohemian. Are we supposed to provide a link to cite anything we say? For example in my 2 posts? I wasn't sure, sorry.

I'm not a mod but if I referred to a previous post or MSM article, etc, I would copy and paste any relevant text and a link.

As for opinions, as long as I don't break Websleuths' rules, they're OK IMO but as I said, I'm not a mod. I'm sure one of them will answer your questions officially when they get the chance.

Thanks. I've worked out most of acronyms from reading the threads :). I just read the rules now. Still getting used to navigating the site.

Welcome to websleuths Neetsey thank you for joining us and for caring about William. Hope everyone has a great week.

They are on a police database kiwi, so they would know everything there is to know about them. On the other hand, we the public are kept in the dark about them. They wouldn't be given a new identity by police for being a paedophile but they can choose to change their name etc. but the police would still be aware.

Makara, sorry I should have been clearer, when I said about paedophiles changing names, was thinking along the lines of James Bulgers killers, horrific killers being given an official new ID to start a new life, wondered if anyone has been given an official new ID in Australia.
Got me thinking about a Benaroon Drive resident who seems to have no online presence at all. I know it doesn't mean much but still...

Cheers Anita.
Welcome Neetsey, MOO = My Opinion Only, MSM = MainStreamMedia

Welcome to websleuths Neetsey thank you for joining us and for caring about William. Hope everyone has a great week.

This case has touched me deeply, along with every person I know. I would go as far as saying this case has touched the very consciousness of Australians as a nation.

Does anyone here have a large above-ground rainwater tank (over 5000 litres capacity)?

It’s against the law to identify a dead child in NSW. It’s doubly illegal to identify a dead foster child.

https://globaljusticeseekers.wordpress.com/

I was just reading about this the other day, trying to get a grip on what is allowed and what is not allowed. There is a good Media Watch transcript about it here ...
Caroline Overington says The idea, apparently, was to protect children who were victims of crime. In fact, the law worked in favour of the perpetrators.

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s2276504.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member