Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because William disappeared while in the care of foster parents, I have often wondered why his sister is still in the care of the foster parents (as she would be missing William terribly and all alone, as in an only child situation),,,

As bio mum has a new partner and 2 more beautiful children in this new relationship and can prove to be better equipped to offer William's sister a better life than the previous one with their bio dad, I wonder if there would be a possibility for her to ever have William's sister back in her care full-time at some stage in the years to come? :thinking:

We looked at this some time ago, and found that NSW was enabling adoption of foster children as opposed to them waiting around for the parents to shape up. However, the biological parents were still to be able to have a relationship with their children, even after the adoption.

Not sure if William fit into this framework, but he may have.

"Children in NSW need more access to adoption and this legislation will bring that about."

For couples looking to adopt a child the process involves lengthy assessments by authorities, which are then followed up with formal proceedings in court.

Many cases fail due to the resistance of the birth parents involved, even when they are incapable of raising the children themselves.

The new scheme will be different because it will focus on "open adoption", meaning the child will be raised with another family but their biological parents will always maintain a relationship and connection to them."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...n/news-story/9166821714703509f8b66e0d94242b9d

I too know of a foster family who are in it for the money. It is the father's second marriage and we knew him when he was married to his first wife. They had three children and he called them horrible names and treated them like nuisances. Now he has remarried and they have discovered the financial benefits of fostering. This guy has never been gainfully employed his whole life but is living a very comfortable life from the income from fostering.

IMO it's a sad blot on our society today that some children are seen simply as a source of income, be they fostered or biological.

There is a point (apparently) where if you have enough kids, you are better off income wise not going to work as that in itself has expenses .. Let alone the effort & input required!!

alternatively, there are the potentially wonderful parents who ache to nurture, but cannot birth their own, nor can they adopt due to shortage of availability. I cannot imagine the impact on them when they hear the horrors that many of our little ones are subjected to because they are nothing more than an income source.

and then there are the well-intentioned, burnt out, emotionally drained & frustrated on-the-ground 'docs' workers who face the reality & fallout, who try their best, and cop the flack when media draws attention to yet another appalling occurrence.

My personal belief is that the most important first steps toward overturning the problems in our society, are to ensure our babies / children are loved, are safe, secure & nurtured, are educated wisely & developed healthily.

I'll step off the soap box now as I am sure you don't want the next instalment!

Thanks for all your input, the varied perspectives are interesting & thought provoking, and I am appreciative to (once again) have the opportunity to partake.

On that note, I simply want to acknowledge a little boy who deserved a whole lot better, and to ask that we all remember him & those to whom he was precious, in our prayers.

On the subject of "foster care" let's not forget the sad case of Tialeigh Palmer who lost her life at the hands of her foster father and family who are currently in prison and awaiting justice to be served...

Tia was placed into foster care because her bio mum was unable to care for her, due to unsavoury behaviour on her part over many years...

However, her bio mum cleaned up her act and was in a good place with Tia before her death, working towards the possibilty/probability of having Tia back in her care full-time...

Sadly, it was too late for that to happen!

Isn't it sad that we only ever hear about the bad foster carers, never the huge amount of great ones, to whom I tip my hat.
On the subject of "foster care" let's not forget the sad case of Tialeigh Palmer who lost her life at the hands of her foster father and family who are currently in prison and awaiting justice to be served...

Tia was placed into foster care because her bio mum was unable to care for her, due to unsavoury behaviour on her part over many years...

However, her bio mum cleaned up her act and was in a good place with Tia before her death, working towards the possibilty/probability of having Tia back in her care full-time...

Sadly, it was too late for that to happen!

Isn't it sad that we only ever hear about the bad foster carers, never the huge amount of great ones, to whom I tip my hat.

By Amanda Blair ....

"I have been a respite carer through Time For Kids for close to six years and my family is richer for it.

On Thursday night I attended a dinner with 100 other foster carers and I heard the most incredible stories of love, kindness and compassion. Sure, some parents are having a hard time, but mostly it’s the usual stuff of teenage hormones and unruly behaviour — the sorts of behaviour that biological parents expect.

One 70-year-old woman has three children in her care. She’s fostered more than 65 kids and said that doing the ballet and sports run at her age “keeps her alive”. Another couple are caring for their 97th baby … and counting. The father said he’s capable of changing a dirty nappy with his eyes closed and one hand tied behind his back.

I met a couple unable to have their own children who now care for three siblings 11, 8 and 4 and they proudly showed me their photos. Smiling back at me were happy kids, safe kids, loved kids. Smiling back at me were happy parents. The portrait of a family.

I wish you’d been there to see them."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/re...s/news-story/178bd7f485632fcab2c9059072bee571

Too many pedos of all ages, as far as I am concerned.
I wish their cheeks glowed green or something, when they have their sick pedo thoughts. That way we could better keep our beautiful children protected from these disgusting, destructive perverts.

http://www.kidspot.com.au/parenting...stSocialFlow&utm_campaign=editorialSocialFlow

We all want to help, we all feel frustrated and heartbroken that we can’t magically bring this beautiful boy back to his family. It can be so painful for parents to read about this case and see no recent updates being given by the police (although we must remember that just because we aren’t seeing public updates, it does not mean the police aren’t making progress). But, even though we might feel this way, we need to realise that not all ‘help’ is helpful, some is actually a hindrance to the investigation and painful for the family.

Take for example, the unofficial W4W Walking Warriors Australia Facebook group, who creates and shares their own William posters on social media, despite the family asking that only official police approved posters be shared. As a result, an image circulated last year with the incorrect Crime Stoppers phone number attached to it. The group have also publicly questioned the police investigation and released rumours and hearsay that are not of benefit to anyone.

Did that wrong crimestoppers number happen to be the same wrong number BS gave in his u-tube video?

Did that wrong crimestoppers number happen to be the same wrong number BS gave in his u-tube video?

There have been a few with wrong numbers, and they always seem to be the same and yes it was the same that BS quoted.

Hi ya long time no speak still try and read all your comments even if I don't comment, with still no resolution in this case my heart breaks when I think of lil William, As I watch my son grow up him been a little younger than William at the time of him going missing it just kills me to think of what must of happened to him and what he's missed/missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member