Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
my first gut instinct of who is responsible for william disappearing hasnt changed, i feel det jubelin is being very strategic

I was thinking about that this morning SA. I remembered there was one instance of a named police officer stating BS was a POI in a televised interview very early in the piece but I wasn't sure if it was Paul Fehon or Mike Willing. What I do know is that it was not DCI Jubelin.

Nevertheless, I consider DCI Jubelin, who is head of the ongoing investigation into William's disappearance, the definitive source of information. He has reiterated that neither of William's parents, biological or foster, are POI's over the course of his investigation. Likewise his standard reply to questions about BS being a POI has been non-committal, in that he doesn't discuss operational matters. People can read into that what they will.

I will keep an open mind about the circumstances of, and the person or persons responsible for, William's disappearance until such time as there is an arrest or arrests or a Coroner's inquest/inquiry.

January 24, 2015
On Wednesday, when media arrived to report on the case, most news organisations quickly had Spedding’s name, but chose not to run it. That all changed late on Wednesday afternoon when, on its website, The Sydney Morning Herald ran his name and described him as a suspect.

The next day, the rival Sydney tabloid, The Daily Telegraph, ran a photograph of Spedding on its front page with the heading “Person of Interest”, while another heading said: “Police swab and quiz tradie over missing boy”.
The Daily Mail described the area under the house, the foundations, as “being like a maze”. Several TV networks ran similar stories.

Superintendent Paul Fehon, the officer in charge of the investigation, told Inquirer this week that there could be “very, very serious complications for them down the track if nothing eventuates”.
But questions will also be asked of the police if nothing eventuates with Spedding. They too have skin in this game.

Suspicion torments NSW community as police probe toddler’s disappearance
The Australian
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...rs-disappearance/story-e6frg6z6-1227195227854

This presumably before Jubes took over at the end of January.

The couple yesterday collected their two cars, including Mr Spedding’s work van, after police seized them for testing. They are still waiting for police to finish with a third vehicle.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...l/news-story/6d94cf0b183fb09f927bc96e3d67ce58

I wonder if that 3rd car was ever returned?

January 24, 2015
On Wednesday, when media arrived to report on the case, most news organisations quickly had Spedding’s name, but chose not to run it. That all changed late on Wednesday afternoon when, on its website, The Sydney Morning Herald ran his name and described him as a suspect.

The next day, the rival Sydney tabloid, The Daily Telegraph, ran a photograph of Spedding on its front page with the heading “Person of Interest”, while another heading said: “Police swab and quiz tradie over missing boy”.
The Daily Mail described the area under the house, the foundations, as “being like a maze”. Several TV networks ran similar stories.

Superintendent Paul Fehon, the officer in charge of the investigation, told Inquirer this week that there could be “very, very serious complications for them down the track if nothing eventuates”.
But questions will also be asked of the police if nothing eventuates with Spedding. They too have skin in this game.

Suspicion torments NSW community as police probe toddler’s disappearance
The Australian
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...rs-disappearance/story-e6frg6z6-1227195227854

This presumably before Jubes took over at the end of January.

The couple yesterday collected their two cars, including Mr Spedding’s work van, after police seized them for testing. They are still waiting for police to finish with a third vehicle.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...l/news-story/6d94cf0b183fb09f927bc96e3d67ce58

I wonder if that 3rd car was ever returned?

Thanks soso. That's how I remember it too, that BS was named as a POI/suspect very early in the investigation and MSM ran with that. Whether or not BS is still a POI or a suspect as far as DCI Jubelin is concerned is anyone's guess as he has remained tight-lipped. Which doesn't rule BS definitively in or out in my mind but, as I said, I'm not going to continue to second-guess the police, etc.

As for the third vehicle, that's an interesting pick-up. Likewise those of AJ and PB. But again, DCI Jubelin has remained tight-lipped about all 'operational matters', unless the Strike Force requires information.

my first gut instinct of who is responsible for william disappearing hasnt changed, i feel det jubelin is being very strategic

I think he would be happier in some ways, too, if he could be sure that someone was locked up for a good long while .. away from children. Made to pay some penance for his (alleged) past crimes. I always remember Jubelin ensuring that he was standing right there when Spedding was arrested by other officers.

We can be sure, however, that Jubelin will stay in this for the long haul. His track record precedes him.

I sometimes think we zero in on one person being solely responsible for this, or any other, crime. That may be true wrt the instant William 'disappeared' but there may also be accessories before and/or after the fact. I've always been of the mind that it's not wise to focus on one person in this instance after looking deeper into the possible motive(s) of, and the connections between, the people surrounding William. Things are not always as simple as they seem to be and as I've been deceived by first appearances many a time in the past, I choose to remain open-minded.

I sometimes think we zero in on one person being solely responsible for this, or any other, crime. That may be true wrt the instant William 'disappeared' but there may also be accessories before and/or after the fact. I've always been of the mind that it's not wise to focus on one person in this instance after looking deeper into the possible motive(s) of, and the connections between, the people surrounding William. Things are not always as simple as they seem to be and as I've been deceived by first appearances many a time in the past, I choose to remain open-minded.

My own personal mind is as wide open as the ocean with this case (bad metaphor but I hope it gets my point across). There was a time *very* early on I was sure the FPs were covering something up; then came a time I was sure it was BS and only BS. But as time has gone on - and if it were so simple as either of these circumstances, an arrest would have been made - I no longer feel certain of anything at all. I don't think any possible thing anyone could think of would shock me at this point.

That is fair enough, Bohemian. But others are free to think as they choose to. My mind has not swayed too much. I think the police know exactly what happened, and are manouevering as best they can to bring the perpetrator to justice.

I just hope that they are able to find William along the way, as I think that it is Jubelin's main concern.

Whether I am right or wrong won't make any difference to this case at all.

That is fair enough, Bohemian. But others are free to think as they choose to. My mind has not swayed too much. I think the police know exactly what happened, and are manouevering as best they can to bring the perpetrator to justice.

I just hope that they are able to find William along the way, as I think that it is Jubelin's main concern.

Whether I am right or wrong won't make any difference to this case at all.

My thoughts exactly (on the proviso that I am also free to think as I choose to).

My own personal mind is as wide open as the ocean with this case (bad metaphor but I hope it gets my point across). There was a time *very* early on I was sure the FPs were covering something up; then came a time I was sure it was BS and only BS. But as time has gone on - and if it were so simple as either of these circumstances, an arrest would have been made - I no longer feel certain of anything at all. I don't think any possible thing anyone could think of would shock me at this point.

I went through a similar train of thought but, upon reflection (about six months if you remember), I've come to the same conclusion.

I'm still perplexed by the caravan park report of the child crying . I can't link article as my post crashes when I try. To me this seems so signi ficant. I wonder what came of that and what we are unaware of

My thoughts exactly (on the proviso that I am also free to think as I choose to).

No worries. :)

I only posted my comment as I noticed it stated several times over the past few pages about keeping an open mind. I was starting to wonder if that was said because some of us have a fairly strong opinion already.

I'm sure the police searched & investigated all these matters inside & out looking for answers to locate William. BS's properties & vehicle gone over with a fine tooth comb no doubt. I'm sure they investigated the people at the caravan too. Still nothing found that we are aware of and still no one to date charged and arrested in relation to this crime. It's all so sad after all this time that they still haven't got a break in this case yet. Not that we are aware of anyhow.

I only posted my comment as I noticed it stated several times over the past few pages about keeping an open mind. I was starting to wonder if that was said because some of us have a fairly strong opinion already.

I really don't know what to think about this case anymore.

I'm still perplexed by the caravan park report of the child crying . I can't link article as my post crashes when I try. To me this seems so signi ficant. I wonder what came of that and what we are unaware of

I think it is all very intriguing, the way there are so many different little coincidences in this case. Spanning through NSW and Victoria. Spedding, apparently, being charged on the historical charges following investigations into him due to William’s case.

The charges laid against Mr Spedding are the result of a homicide investigation into the suspected abduction of William Tyrrell who disappeared from his grandmother's Kendall home on September 12 last year.
Detectives started investigating the businessman's history and have recently obtained a number of witness statements alleging that he sexually abused two girls, aged three and six, in 1987.
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...phile-ring-police-allege-20150423-1mrvj7.html

Then his further charges in Victoria, apparently after being linked to a pedo group.

Court documents show the charges were laid after NSW police referred evidence to their Victorian counterparts last year, prompting an investigation that was codenamed Operation Overgrazing.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...s/news-story/8bd24db24b0d259dc5ab2c664551e76a
Bill Spedding, a “person of interest” in the police investigation into the disappearance of three-year-old William Tyrrell, was allegedly involved in a pedophile ring in the 1980s.
Many of the alleged offences took place in Victoria and involve “not only further offences committed against the victims in this matter, but also further victims”.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...d/news-story/60e517cfba665cfb3adc60b763b674d4

And this Victorian couple in the caravan park, that timing, so close to the disappearance of William.

I just hope that whatever has happened to William, it has not involved being passed around, and that if he is gone that an asthma attack took him quickly – as horrible as that may sound. :(

But, as Jubelin has said, the historical charges have nothing to do with William's case. Which leads me back to the sole perpetrator theory, with a named POI being the player (imo).

Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin stressed on Thursday that Mr Spedding's arrest and subsequent charges had nothing to do with William Tyrrell's disappearance.
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...phile-ring-police-allege-20150423-1mrvj7.html

I think it is all very intriguing, the way there are so many different little coincidences in this case. Spanning through NSW and Victoria. Spedding, apparently, being charged on the historical charges following investigations into him due to William’s case.

Then his further charges in Victoria, apparently after being linked to a pedo group.

And this Victorian couple in the caravan park, that timing, so close to the disappearance of William.

I just hope that whatever has happened to William, it has not involved being passed around, and that if he is gone that an asthma attack took him quickly – as horrible as that may sound. :(

But, as Jubelin has said, the historical charges have nothing to do with William's case. Which leads me back to the sole perpetrator theory, with a named POI being the player (imo).

Way too many coincidences IMO. He remains to me to be involved and let's hope he pays the price.

Nah SA.

Way too many coincidences IMO. He remains to me to be involved and let's hope he pays the price.

If I had to draw a conclusion based on what's been reported in MSM so far, I would have to agree that the probability of BS being William's alleged abductor would be high. However, there are a number of variables which need to be taken into account that seem to lower that probability by a few percentage points — enough for there to be 'reasonable doubt'. And, if anything, that's what we don't want when the person or persons responsible front the judiciary in this matter — reasonable doubt.

I really wish that we knew definitely where the three people present were when he disappeared. It is unfathomable to me that someone would be able to abduct a child, when minutes before three people were there.
Would an abductor watch the house and hope that a child would be left alone for a few minutes? This has always been a problem to me.

Could FG and FM be fibbing about how long he was in the yard by himself? And if so, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova