Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as an aside, where was the red fibre and h
The red fibre or fluff was in bracken 200 metres from where William was last seen. We don't know in which direction. The hair was snagged on a barbed wire fence in a gully, again we can't locate just where. Reported to be at or near one end of Benaroon Drive.

Last edited:
ffc also said she thought she heard a child (or bird) cry in a marshy? area while she was searching, i wonder how close to william missing did she hear this and did she alert other searchers, ses etc, or if it was way earlier?

ffc also said she thought she heard a child (or bird) cry in a marshy? area while she was searching, i wonder how close to william missing did she hear this and did she alert other searchers, ses etc, or if it was way earlier?
I think at the time of the inquest we made out that it was near the bus stop, near the Batar Creek Rd end of Benaroon Drive.

I thought this might have been when the police had been called and then FFC and AMS went to LH's home. After checking LH's yard, the FFC was at the front of her house while LH asked AMS about what was going on. AT this point in time, FFC may have crossed the road to the bus stop and looked in the tall grass behind it, where she thought she heard the strange noise. As she was heading back up the road with AMS towards the FFCM's house, Chris Rowley the 1st responder met the FFC on the street. He then went straight to the house and she continued searching on the street until she was called in to give information to the police. So my guess is somewhere between 10.56 when the police were called and 11.0? when the 1st responder arrived on the scene. IIRC

I may be the only person who still believes that this was a random and opportunistic abduction. Nothing planned about it. Other than perhaps a minor thought of where to take William, within the minutes prior to William's disappearance.

No-one was aware of the plan to go to Kendall on Thursday. No-one could have anticipated that William would be alone and vulnerable for some minutes during his stay on Benaroon Drive.

Someone was in that vicinity, for valid reasons, and grabbed the opportunity to take this little boy.
Weirdo perps do not generally go out seeking children to abuse, they abuse children on impulse when the opportunity presents itself. imo

There were in fact quite a few who dumid know of the trip to Kendall on Thursday 11th. The Care Agency, the FGM had been phoned that was said at Inquest who knows she may have told someone, the cattery boarding place mentioned at Inquest. The childcare facility mentioned. Perhaps the MFC employer too and client/s.

I thought this might have been when the police had been called and then FFC and AMS went to LH's home. After checking LH's yard, the FFC was at the front of her house while LH asked AMS about what was going on. AT this point in time, FFC may have crossed the road to the bus stop and looked in the tall grass behind it, where she thought she heard the strange noise. As she was heading back up the road with AMS towards the FFCM's house, Chris Rowley the 1st responder met the FFC on the street. He then went straight to the house and she continued searching on the street until she was called in to give information to the police. So my guess is somewhere between 10.56 when the police were called and 11.0? when the 1st responder arrived on the scene. IIRC
so, possibly within 30 mins of william noticed missing, i hope police did a thorough dog search of that area

I would think fm getting in her car and quick shoot around the neighbourhood would be a normal expected thing to do even though we haven't heard this information before. I would expect this be the case.
the first thought in my mind in her position would be hes toddled off, ill find the little gremlin around the corner here playing in a puddle !

I would think fm getting in her car and quick shoot around the neighbourhood would be a normal expected thing to do even though we haven't heard this information before. I would expect this be the case.
the first thought in my mind in her position would be hes toddled off, ill find the little gremlin around the corner here playing in a puddle !
Yes, agree. The FFCM's statement was that besides concern of one neighbor that WT may have wandered to BCrd. When AMS gave her evidence she stated that as long as he was somewhere on the estate that she thought he would be found safe but if he had wandered down to BCrd then he was in danger of fast moving traffic. So there was big concern about that end of the road.

I remember that FFC went for that drive, but where did I hear it? Was it in the police video interview? I can't find it in a text article.

His foster mother tells investigators as she drove around looking for William, she saw a large truck coming down the road and pulled over to let it pass.

"It was a semi trailer coming down the road really fast. And he thought I pulled over, because he acknowledged me by saying thanks for pulling over. But I pulled over 'cause I've just got my head out the window, you know, looking for William," she said.

"And then I drive really slow on Moore, and I get to the Riding School and I just think, he's not here.

"And I just drive out and I think, he's not here. And then I bring the car back up. And I just run out and I look for him again."

Desperate search for William captured

It seems that she may have driven into the driving school.

Last edited:
OK I found the information about FFC driving to Batar Creek Road. Unfortunately, my I pad won’t let me cut and paste it, but it’s on www.news.con.au dated 27th March 2019. The article is titled “Foster dads frantic search for missing boy”
FFC, speaking to the policewoman, says that when she realised thatWilliam was missing she got in the car and drove to Batar Creek Road in search of him.

I don’t think that we can assume that anything is normal. In the beginning it was assumed that the police were looking for a lost boy. In my opinion there were a lot of lost opportunities to find him as a result. For example, no road blocks were set up and no cars were searched. ALso, there were rumours that a child was heard crying in a nearby caravan park, which to my knowledge was not investigated until much later.

I think it is virtually impossible for the drive to have happened prior to FD return, too. His return was far earlier than we first thought.

Other than your timeline, I can see no valid reason for this information being sought. Her son was missing .. why wouldn't she drive a little further looking for him? People get into their cars all the time to look a little further for missing pets, they sure as heck would do it to look for their missing child.

The drive in the car could well be after Rowley arrived. It was a while before reinforcements arrived.
at 15;50 and 17:54
When I realised I raced down the road. One of the neighbours had a swing set. I thought he is not on this estate and called 000. She thought they had been looking a short time but it had been a really long time.
I had raced around with a couple of neighbours looking for William before I called 000 and after I called we went back out again.

William Tyrrell: His mum and dad's most detailed interview - Part 1

Last edited:
Anyone got an up to date timeline to
The drive in the car could well be after Rowley arrived. It was a while before reinforcements arrived.
at 15;50 and 17:54
When I realised I raced down the road. One of the neighbours had a swing set. I thought he is not on this estate and called 000. She thought they had been looking a short time but it had been a really long time.
I had raced around with a couple of neighbours looking for William before I called 000 and after I called we went back out again.

William Tyrrell: His mum and dad's most detailed interview - Part 1
I think her search in the car was done prior to her 1st approach of a neigbor, AMS. The MFC was home within 5-6 minutes of FFC noticing that WT was missing. In the time waiting for him to return and checking with him that WT was not with him, she kept checking the yard and the inside of the house. When he returned and understood the situation, I think he expanded the search outside and I am of the understanding that she had WT's sister at the time. I think that is when she took the car and drove down to Batar Creek Road to see if she could spot him anywhere, she turned left and rode to the disabled riding school which is about 1200m from her mother's home, so not far, she couldn't see him and then returned and approached AMS house. She searched with AMS and then decided to call the police. 26 minutes after she 1st noticed him missing. After calling the police, AMS and FFC headed down to the end of Benaroon and talked to LH. In one article the time AMS and the FFC arrived at LH's home was 11.30 am. LH headed out in the opposite direction down BCroad on foot with a stroller to look for WT. The police arrived at 11.05. FFC remained out on the street still searching. When LH headed back she went to Ellendale where the FFC was searching and then she noted that at that point the FFC was called inside by the police to begin with helping with their investigations and was not involved in any of the searches after that point. Taking into account LH's walk and details she gave, the FFC was probably called back home around midday. That is why I don't think she drove the car down to Batar Creek road after the police arrived at the scene.
IMO

Last edited:
Anyone got an up to date timeline to

I think her search in the car was done prior to her 1st approach of a neigbor, AMS. The MFC was home within 5-6 minutes of FFC noticing that WT was missing. In the time waiting for him to return and checking with him that WT was not with him, she kept checking the yard and the inside of the house. When he returned and understood the situation, I think he expanded the search outside and I am of the understanding that she had WT's sister at the time. I think that is when she took the car and drove down to Batar Creek Road to see if she could spot him anywhere, she turned left and rode to the disabled riding school which is about 1200m from her mother's home, so not far, she couldn't see him and then returned and approached AMS house. She searched with AMS and then decided to call the police. 26 minutes after she 1st noticed him missing. After calling the police, AMS and FFC headed down to the end of Benaroon and talked to LH. In one article the time AMS and the FFC arrived at LH's home was 11.30 am. LH headed out in the opposite direction down BCroad on foot with a stroller to look for WT. The police arrived at 11.05. FFC remained out on the street still searching. When LH headed back she went to Ellendale where the FFC was searching and then she noted that at that point the FFC was called inside by the police to begin with helping with their investigations and was not involved in any of the searches after that point. Taking into account LH's walk and details she gave, the FFC was probably called back home around midday. That is why I don't think she drove the car down to Batar Creek road after the police arrived at the scene.
IMO
Frogwell, going back to your timeline in thread 39: I don't think there's time for FFC to do her drive before calling the police. I quote:

10.40 - FM is at the front gate of AMS place, meeting for the 1st time, AMS notices she can hear a male calling out for WT from the area behind the FGM's house, begins to start help searching. Because she knows someone is searching uphill she decides to head down towards the Batar Creek rd end of Benaroon Dr. It seems the women split at Ellendale rd. AMS goes down to the bus stop but has no recollection of seeing the man on his ride on mower at that stage. When she returns up the street she sees the FM coming out of Ellendale and the FM says to her, he has hit his head and can't respond or he is not here and now I have to call the police.
10.56 - FM calls the police from her mothers landline . . . .​

Frogwell, going back to your timeline in thread 39: I don't think there's time for FFC to do her drive before calling the police. I quote:

10.40 - FM is at the front gate of AMS place, meeting for the 1st time, AMS notices she can hear a male calling out for WT from the area behind the FGM's house, begins to start help searching. Because she knows someone is searching uphill she decides to head down towards the Batar Creek rd end of Benaroon Dr. It seems the women split at Ellendale rd. AMS goes down to the bus stop but has no recollection of seeing the man on his ride on mower at that stage. When she returns up the street she sees the FM coming out of Ellendale and the FM says to her, he has hit his head and can't respond or he is not here and now I have to call the police.
10.56 - FM calls the police from her mothers landline . . . .​
It's tight but I think MFC arrives at 10.35, he gets out and starts running around looking and she takes the car and drives down the road to look, 1.2km and then heads back and goes straight to the neighbors house. I think that's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helangel