Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, all of them. But perhaps the fosters are in a better position to afford the counselling when they need it.
If we talking compensation which I really find distasteful -and I know you certainly didn’t start it so definitely not personalising- just discussing as I’m sure you understand :) Personal circumstances should be irrelevant. For example, if you are injured at work, any compensation isn’t based on personal financial situation, just the situation. Hope that makes sense. IMO.

Happy to move on from this hypothetical discussion until someone actually files.

Yes, all of them. But perhaps the fosters are in a better position to afford the counselling when they need it.
To be fair, JLZ, we don’t know how William’s FP’s lives (and their livelihoods) have been affected by the loss of William so we can’t know what they can and can’t afford.

i still think the reward needs to be way higher
It’s set at the highest amount offered in NSW, and only for information leading to the recovery of William, unusually not for the conviction of the person responsible for his disappearance (and probable murder):

$1 million NSW Government reward announced for the return on William Tyrrell - NSW Police Public Site

No matter how high the reward amount offered, they are not normally claimed by the informant:

Catching Criminals: Do Rewards Really Work?

Last edited:
I realise this is a very different case where Tiahleigh was placed into a home that harmed and eventually murdered her and a savvy lawyer could see an avenue of similarities.
IMO there’s always someone to blame if you put your mind to it.

Tiahleigh Palmer's mother sues Queensland Government over daughter's murder

Tiahleigh Palmer's mum sues government over daughter's murder

I think the podcast is a bit unkind to criticise police for not cordoning off the "crime scene". It makes sense now, with hindsight, to say that evidence of a crime might have been lost, but where should police have put the tapes? Around the perimeter of FFC's mother's property? neighbours' properties? fire trail? cemetery track? vacant block? Benaroon Drive? Ellendale Crescent? Batar Creek Road?

If anything needs to be changed about police procedures, the Coroner will make recommendations in her findings, IMO, after fully weighing up all considerations and evidence.

If we talking compensation which I really find distasteful -and I know you certainly didn’t start it so definitely not personalising- just discussing as I’m sure you understand :) Personal circumstances should be irrelevant. For example, if you are injured at work, any compensation isn’t based on personal financial situation, just the situation. Hope that makes sense. IMO.

Happy to move on from this hypothetical discussion until someone actually files.

I feel that compensaton wise not as such "here is some money because you lost your child / FC, do what you want with it" but financial compensation / assistance for Williams little sister and any family member who needs counselling or help in what this whole losing William has done to them mentally and emotionally. Even though his little sister was young at the time we still do not know that day what / if she actually did see anything (if it has been witheld from MSM and us) and losing William could have really had a great effect on her life mentally as she gets older. She could develop a fear of loss or losing someone. I lost a pet and found it deceased in horrible circumstances when i was about 5, it has traumatised me for life and still to this day as an adult has done so much damage to me mentally and I wish I had financially been better off to get help as an adult later in life or that my parents had got me some help as a child, but they didnt and its really left long lasting mental scars for me. Not the same situation I know but just an example how as a child certain things can really take an emotional toll in the future in how we deal with things if we do not have the help to deal with it. The only compensation I would like to see is that His little sister and his BP and FP get any assisted counselling, medical care and mental health help if they so need it. Especially his little sister. As a tax payer I would want to know that my taxes went towards helping someone like her and his parents cope with their loss. JMO.

I think the podcast is a bit unkind to criticise police for not cordoning off the "crime scene". It makes sense now, with hindsight, to say that evidence of a crime might have been lost, but where should police have put the tapes? Around the perimeter of FFC's mother's property? neighbours' properties? fire trail? cemetery track? vacant block? Benaroon Drive? Ellendale Crescent? Batar Creek Road?

If anything needs to be changed about police procedures, the Coroner will make recommendations in her findings, IMO, after fully weighing up all considerations and evidence.
To answer your question, AFAIK the ‘crime scene’ would have been the place where William was last seen, ie; his FGM’s property.

I realise this is a very different case where Tiahleigh was placed into a home that harmed and eventually murdered her and a savvy lawyer could see an avenue of similarities.
IMO there’s always someone to blame if you put your mind to it.

Tiahleigh Palmer's mother sues Queensland Government over daughter's murder

Tiahleigh Palmer's mum sues government over daughter's murder
I think this is a very different scenario to William’s case as Tiah was murdered by her foster carer. William’s FP have been cleared of any involvement in his disappearance.

It's pretty easy to see that the police at the time really did think it was a case of a little boy lost. The family were from out of town, it was a quiet street and by their own admission no one knew they were there especially the bio parents who would have been the most likely suspects for an abduction. I guess they saw no reason to cordon off a crime scene immediately.

To be fair, JLZ, we don’t know how William’s FP’s lives (and their livelihoods) have been affected by the loss of William so we can’t know what they can and can’t afford.
I don't want to deprive the FCs of anything but I think I hold with what I said. Poverty and underprivilege aren't just about current income. And poverty feeds into psychological issues and makes them more complex and time-consuming to treat.

I don't want to deprive the FCs of anything but I think I hold with what I said. Poverty and underprivilege aren't just about current income. And poverty feeds into psychological issues and makes them more complex and time-consuming to treat.
I think there’s a presumption there and I’m not buying into the News Ltd/BGM/APS-created class war between the ‘Aussie battlers’ and the ‘privileged’. But that’s not the issue. Victim Support should not be means-tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrayZee