Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lia Harris
Gary Jubelin’s criminal hearing has resumed for a fifth day, with Detective Senior Constable Greg Gallyot again taking the stand, testifying about his involvement in the William Tyrrell investigation. Former POI Paul Savage is expected to testify via video link later today.

Lia Harris
Gallyot told the court Jubelin asked him to record his phone conversation with Paul Savage in November 2017. He was asked if he knew whether there was a warrant in place at the time and he responded “I knew there wasn’t”. He said he was “in shock” at the request.

Lia Harris
Gallyot told the court he hesitated and looked at Jubelin, who said “just do it”, which he did. Jubelin then proceeded to call Savage while Gallyot recorded the call.

Gallyot told the court Jubelin told him “don’t save that anywhere”, but he saved the recording on his work computer anyway.

I knew that GO had reported that FA had some arrangement with a property owner to fix the caravan in return for staying there for free, and that GO wasn't impressed with FA's workmanship, but I don't recall that GO owned that land. Do you happen to have a link?

No link sorry. Just what I deduced due to FA living in GO's caravan. GO lives at no. 14. FA's address was no. 16. It might not mean ownership, there may have also been some other arrangement.

Jamie McKinnell

Det Gallyot says another colleague in the room looked down. "[Mr Jubelin] gave me what I would call a serious or stern look, with a furrowed brow, and stared back at me ... he said 'just do it'."

Det Gallyot is being asked about a Nov 2017 recording made at Parramatta police HQ, when Mr Jubelin is accused of asking him to illegally record a phone call with Tyrrell person of interest Paul Savage. "At first I was in shock," Det Gallyot tells the court.

Generally a postie will position the vehicle so that they do not have to get out unless there is a larger article to be dropped off or a signature needed.

Looking at the gutter in front of the letter box there is rubber/tyre marks where the vehicle runs up on the wrong side of the road and the postie puts it in from the driver's side window.
Usually the postie will drive along on the wrong side of the roadway.

If there was no other drops at the end of Beneroon, then he/she would have reversed back into No. 48 and continued back down.

If William had run out from behind these trees as the postie reversed, with the gutter bump, he/she might not have felt a baby like William imo.

imagev1d98bef7a9a6d8f24f99334927e9fceb1-sr8l6vug0uqz0rshgr2_t1880.jpg
eek! so if someone ran over him without knowing, who would find him and why didnt they ring for an ambulance?

Lia Harris
Gallyot told the court Jubelin later handed him his phone and asked him to make a “synopsis” of the recorded visits with Savage for the Coroner.

Gallyot told the court Jubelin told him “don’t do it word for word and if anyone asks, we’ll just say we obtained it from the listening devices”.

Gallyot told the court Jubelin was asked in a briefing by another officer why he suggested to Savage that his wife Heather may have accidentally run over William and claims Jubelin responded by saying “the death of Heather is a sore point and that’s something I can exploit”.

Jamie McKinnell
Det Gallyot tells the court Mr Jubelin later approached him and asked him to review several recorded interactions with Mr Savage stored on Mr Jubelin's iPhone. "[Mr Jubelin said] ... if anyone asks we'll just say we obtained it from the listening devices."

Lia Harris
Cunneen is now questioning Gallyot about a visit he made to Benaroon Drive where Savage followed him around the whole time. She asked if he was trying to “ingratiate himself” with him and the investigation, Gallyot denied that’s what he was doing.

Lia Harris
Cunneen asks Gallyot why he didn’t protest when Jubelin asked him to record the conversation. He told the court “I believe my body language did... I had a very concerned look on my face”. He then tried to replicate the look he claimed to have given for the court.

Hi all! I haven't made any posts yet, just been following & reading with interest for a couple of years now.

One thing that I would like to know, that I haven't seen mentioned so far (please correct me if I'm wrong) is about Williams older sister.

Was she still outside playing when William disappeared? Or did she tire of the game and go up on the deck with FFM & FFG? If she was still playing outside, surely the FFM would ask Where did you last see William? Where was he hiding? Etc, etc. I'm just not sure if any of this has been asked on the thread. Even in the reenactment FFM just says 'it went quiet & then I started calling for William' Which seems to imply that she knew where the older sister was at the time.

Lia Harris
Cunneen puts to him that Jubelin never said “just do it”, which Gallyot refutes, saying “he absolutely said it”. She asks him why he didn’t report it after and he said he had “fear” of losing his position.

Cunneen asks him if he was concerned he wouldn’t achieve his “dream” of getting a position in Unsolved Homicide. He says yes. He told the court he’s since been “lucky enough to get a spot” on that squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member