Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
pushed a chair against the fence , that's how some little ones get into the pool area

Boys will be boys. When I was a very young child, my mother put my brother, who was about 3 years old, into the front bedroom while she prepared breakfast. He was the sort of child that you had to keep your eye on every minute and she couldn't do this as she was cooking. When she went to get him, he'd disappeared. He'd pushed a chair up to the open window and climbed out. She ran out into the yard and couldn't see him. She looked everywhere but still no luck. She got some neighbours to try and help.

When they found him, a man was trying to revive him. He said he saw him floating face down as he walked by and dragged him out of the water. My mother said my brother was blue. The man told her that when he was younger he used to be a surf lifesaver so he knew what to do. By the grace of God my brother survived, but if that man hadn't been there he would have died.

Usual police procedure in such cases is to work from the core (innermost circle) outwards, eliminating suspects one by one.

Immediate family can always expect to get a good grilling.

Its the public's reaction to this grilling that gets out of hand. Everyone is investigated therefore that shouldnt imply guilt in initial stages.

I agree. I've always thought this.

it really wouldn't be the first time a deceased person was found not that far from a) where they went missing and b) where searchers looked multiple times over

they've done searches many times since I know, but never of 100% of the land!

I don't know, it's just always been in the back of my mind.

What is an acceptable motive for any murder? Do we just expect it more from old men living alone and penniless bogans?

Is it surprising domestic violence and abuse gets covered up? Is it surprising people don’t want to lose their social status and standing, and choose to lie rather than admitting the truth and doing the right thing?

Speaking generally here. Every rabbit hole the media has followed the police down on this case has resulted in unfair demonisations, and this one could be no different.

I think after all these years just any motive would be something.

It’s not about an “acceptable motive” which is an abhorrent thing to say. The truth is more than enough.

What IS the truth? What would the motive be? A realistic one. Do the police even have one or are they just trying to rule things out still?

At the very least being snatched by a local paedophile is a realistic motive given that there were paedophiles in the area and paedophiles enjoy children.

People have tried to offer up potential motives for the FP’s but they don’t seem to hold much weight without any actual evidence.

Regarding the recent charges, does this seem like a very similar pattern to how LE dealt with other POIs? I remember BS got charged with something unrelated while they were investigating. I can't remember if they did the same with other POIs.

They just said on the news update that the assaulted child isn't linked to William Tyrell. Did they mean it's not the foster sister? Or that the assault isn't linked to his disappearance? Or did my wife and I just completely mishear it?!

Maybe what was said was similar to this:

"William Tyrrell's foster parents have been charged over the alleged assault of a child although the charges were not related to the missing toddler at the centre of the police investigations."

Regarding the recent charges, does this seem like a very similar pattern to how LE dealt with other POIs? I remember BS got charged with something unrelated while they were investigating. I can't remember if they did the same with other POIs.

just going off what I've seen on WS, it seems common for suspects or POIs to be brought in on other charges first

They just said on the news update that the assaulted child isn't linked to William Tyrell. Did they mean it's not the foster sister? Or that the assault isn't linked to his disappearance? Or did my wife and I just completely mishear it?!
That’s interesting
Perhaps FP have new foster children . It’s been 7 years and they wanted at least two kids it seems

I actually heard the same on channel 9 6o’clock news & thought they must have misspoken

That’s interesting
Perhaps FP have new foster children . It’s been 7 years and they wanted at least two kids it seems

no, it's definitely LT. The media are just making sure they state that this charge isn't related to WT's disappearance. It's related to common assault of another child - who happens to be William's sister.

Yes, put in the media spotlight, children removed from care, charges laid over unrelated incidents

When it was visible, the child's initials were also visible as LE sought on behalf of minor. So order not related to little William and his disappearance, but to his sister who has now been removed from the home. Perhaps why their names actually were visible too as they'd been granted anonymity in William's case, not in his sister's case.

So those developments not related to William's disappearance at all.

side note to this, like the bush tracker (Jake Cassar) I've never fully abandoned the theory that he really could have gotten lost and he was simply missed

it really wouldn't be the first time a deceased person was found not that far from a) where they went missing and b) where searchers looked multiple times over

they've done searches many times since I know, but never of 100% of the land!

I don't know, it's just always been in the back of my mind.

Definitely not an out there theory. I’m torn but this is definitely up there for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper