Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been revealed that Bill Spedding and his wife Margaret were questioned about their treatment of children by the NSW Family and Community Services department only a few days before the washing machine repairer's property was searched for two days last week by police.

However, detectives were unaware of the FACS questioning, which resulted in three young people being taken from the home, The Daily Telegraph reported.

The mother of one of the children who had lived with the Speddings, who said her child was taken from her home following a domestic situation in 2011, said she was shocked to discover Mr Spedding was being questioned over William's disappearance.

The woman told The Daily Telegraph that she was informed about the FACs investigation into Mr Spedding back in December but was not told any further details.

'I saw Bill Spedding on TV and I rang FACs,' she said.

A FACS spokesman declined to comment on the case as it was still under investigation, the paper reported.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-care-time-police-swooped.html#ixzz3TJDFXLFz

there are MSM's back in thread 3 or 4 with Interviews from the mother mentioned above.

"It was an unrelated issue that has been adversely affected by the William Tyrrell activity" BS said.

So BS himself refers to it as an issue.
Seems it was something significant enough to warrant an investigation by Facs. imo

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...l-speddings-care/story-fnpn118l-1227198878302

IIRC, he said that he called grandma that morning and left a message saying that he had the part and could come and fix the machine that day. He said he did not hear back from her and called again later and someone sanswered and said ' No, this was not a good time to come.' [ Is that correct, anyone know?]

It is possible that phone records disprove that version and it was a red flag.

We have never heard what police think or have discovered about the matter, or what the family's version is. But what his mate Colin said (and has presumably been told by Spedding) is this .....

"Mr Spedding had a missed call from William’s grandmother on that Friday morning, but could not get through when he tried to call back."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wi...-without-a-trace/story-fni0fiyv-1227195803646

In the afternoon he called again and spoke to William's mother, during the early stages of a frantic search for her son.
"She said to Bill `I am afraid you won't be able to come to do the job, we will call when we are able'," his friend said.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/01/22/nsw-toddler-search-may-haunt-tradesman

It has been revealed that Bill Spedding and his wife Margaret were questioned about their treatment of children by the NSW Family and Community Services department only a few days before the washing machine repairer's property was searched for two days last week by police.

However, detectives were unaware of the FACS questioning, which resulted in three young people being taken from the home, The Daily Telegraph reported.

The mother of one of the children who had lived with the Speddings, who said her child was taken from her home following a domestic situation in 2011, said she was shocked to discover Mr Spedding was being questioned over William's disappearance.

The woman told The Daily Telegraph that she was informed about the FACs investigation into Mr Spedding back in December but was not told any further details.

'I saw Bill Spedding on TV and I rang FACs,' she said.

A FACS spokesman declined to comment on the case as it was still under investigation, the paper reported.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-care-time-police-swooped.html#ixzz3TJDFXLFz

there are MSM's back in thread 3 or 4 with Interviews from the mother mentioned above.

BBM

The children had been removed already and it was still under investigation.:thinking:

We have never heard what police think or have discovered about the matter, or what the family's version is. But what his mate Colin said (and has presumably been told by Spedding) is this .....

"Mr Spedding had a missed call from William’s grandmother on that Friday morning, but could not get through when he tried to call back."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wi...-without-a-trace/story-fni0fiyv-1227195803646

In the afternoon he called again and spoke to William's mother, during the early stages of a frantic search for her son.
"She said to Bill `I am afraid you won't be able to come to do the job, we will call when we are able'," his friend said.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/01/22/nsw-toddler-search-may-haunt-tradesman

And then didn't he delete a call from his history?

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-t...sit-bill-speddings-house-20150303-13tebj.html

Yay! We now have the imprimata to spell William Tyrrell's name in the correct form we all knew about six months ago!
Wonder what's changed for this proclamation to have been made today?
Who knows? I was under the impression the media had been asked to spell it that way (incorrectly) on purpose. Surely it can't have been a mistake on behalf of the media all this time?

ETA: I know it sounds horrible but maybe it was deliberately misspelt all this time due to his complicated background, to protect his identity... and now police have reason to believe that protection is not necessary anymore? :( I really don't know. I've never seen a situation like this before.

I certainly do remember reference to boating on Lake Cathie, whether it was referred to in BS comments, or elsewhere. I know Lake Cathie was given a "fly over" in the beginning of the search. But, I do remember reference to that site being a holiday destination for the BS clan.

also woronora by sutherland shire was mentioned i think, was a favourite for boating, i wondered why they didnt take his boat for forensic testing too

Who knows? I was under the impression the media had been asked to spell it that way (incorrectly) on purpose. Surely it can't have been a mistake on behalf of the media all this time?
I also thought there was something deliberate about this misspelling. Not quite sure who was meant to be protected by it, because everyone knew the real spelling anyway!!
But I'm curious about why police have just now decided to 'proclaim' this. What's shifted? <modsnip>

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...dding-as-search-for-william-tyrrell-continues

Wow, close to 1000 people spoken to.
Whoever took William, I wonder whether they have just been incredibly lucky that it has been so hard for police to find the evidence they need, or whether there really was some extraordinarily masterful planning behind it? Hard to think it could be the latter though, if police keep saying they think it was an opportunistic abduction by a stranger.
Whilst police say they have numerous lines of inquiry and several people of interest, not a single other one of those people has been identified let alone named, as far as i can recall? Just Spedding. How frustrating to spend days searching such difficult terrain, and so much of it, and nothing of consequence turns up. Hope they are making some headway in some form though.

And then didn't he delete a call from his history?

Police seized his telephone records and those of William&#8217;s grandmother as they have checked his *statement that he had a missed call from the grandmother that morning and tried to call back but could not get through.

A friend of Mr Spedding&#8217;s said yesterday that police had questioned Mr Spedding about &#8220;why the phone calls were no longer in the call log on his mobile phone.&#8221;

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...r-william-tyrell/story-fnii5s40-1227195546202

I'm still holding out hope that they've got a strong lead and they're either (a.) waiting for either BS or MS to fess up (either direct involvement or harbouring someone)
Or (b.) they find the evidence in this search

Police seized his telephone records and those of William&#8217;s grandmother as they have checked his *statement that he had a missed call from the grandmother that morning and tried to call back but could not get through.

A friend of Mr Spedding&#8217;s said yesterday that police had questioned Mr Spedding about &#8220;why the phone calls were no longer in the call log on his mobile phone.&#8221;

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...r-william-tyrell/story-fnii5s40-1227195546202

If he's deleted a call from a log, he may have deleted others as well (to/from someone he wants to protect?)

Either that or he's bluffing and they have no idea :s

It did seem like a lot of time and publicity was invested in this latest forest search, which has so far yielded nothing.
Either police have no idea, or some ill informed tip off has led them on a wild goose chase.
Some mixed messages too: one tip off v numerous tip offs in relation to this latest bit of forest; numerous people of interest v only hearing about Spedding; just very general information in relation to this forest v police inquiries had also led them to the forest on top of any tip off information ...

OK, so I think I have a rough idea of where they will be searching. The white circle in my pic is Long Point where they were searching today. If you look at the Google scale in the bottom right hand corner it gives an indication of how far away 2km would be. I'm thinking it will be a swamp near the massive Lake Innes to the north east of the circle.

Lake Innes.jpg

It did seem like a lot of time and publicity was invested in this latest forest search, which has so far yielded nothing.
Either police have no idea, or some ill informed tip off has led them on a wild goose chase.
Some mixed messages too: one tip off v numerous tip offs in relation to this latest bit of forest; numerous people of interest v only hearing about Spedding; just very general information in relation to this forest v police inquiries had also led them to the forest on top of any tip off information ...

Or they're looking in the right spot but just haven't found anything yet. Hopefully soon, it's a pretty massive area but as someone else pointed out, they seem to be searching in a fairly specific pattern /area

OK, so I think I have a rough idea of where they will be searching. The white circle in my pic is Long Point where they were searching today. If you look at the Google scale in the bottom right hand corner it gives an indication of how far away 2km would be. I'm thinking it will be a swamp near the massive Lake Innes to the north east of the circle.

View attachment 70489
My understanding is they were searching the queens lake state forest over the past couple of days, which is on the southern side of this ghost road. the lake innes state forest is north of it. so much bush to go through...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne