AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/arizona-news/48133037-story

In this video (after the vigil) Harley spoke and said , " I think we are close but just need that one tip..."
Then he stated ( Para phrase by me), that the killer probably didn't know her.
(bbm).

That goes against everything we have been told, isolated, targeted, not random. I hope they are close but makes me wonder .....

Isn't there 'an app' the 'kids' are using now days (???) that would make 'isolated, targeted, not random' fit pretty well with 'probably didn't know her'

:thinking:

Isn't there 'an app' the 'kids' are using now days (???) that would make 'isolated, targeted, not random' fit pretty well with 'probably didn't know her'

Good point...they do fit.

Aren't some of those apps even GPS based making user location an integeral cog of their functionality???

Sorry, you folks lost me with those apps mentioned above ^^ - please enlighten, thanks...

Apps that use GPS to connect people close to you, geographically speaking...

examples: The Grade, Tinder, etc...

http://observer.com/2015/08/it-turns-out-tinder-isnt-spying-on-your-dates/

I am no pro on this subject but in looking to learn more, Wednesday caught my attention at the link below fwiw:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/relationships/10317832/Tinder-review-a-womans-perspective.html

OMgoodness -- Stalkers, get in line. People who like sex but would be a hamburger-instead-of-a-steak-dinner date or who have no personality, get in line behind the stalkers. <shiver> IMO.

I've read the media articles about the vigil, and have found something interesting. Maybe I'm thinking too hard (most likely), but this article states:

Silent Witness Sgt. Jamie Rothschild announced during the event that the department will be putting up billboards around the Valley with Feldman's photo and information about the case. They've yet to determine how many billboards there will be or how long they will stand, but they will most likely be along I-17, he said. (Bolding is mine.)

I-17 is a freeway that's nowhere near where Allison was killed. Allison's house is in south Scottsdale on the east side of town - the nearest freeways are the Loop 101 and the Loop 202. I-17 is on the west side of town. In order to get to it from where she lived, you have to go south on the 101, connect to the 202 west, connect to I-10 and then finally, you'll be able to get to I-17. It's quite a drive. If that's really where they're planning on concentrating the billboards, they really may not suspect someone from her neighborhood killed her.

Now, playing devil's advocate (with myself, ha), there are no billboards located along the Loop 101, and not many are located along the Loop 202. However, there are digital road signs that were in play during the recent Phoenix freeway shootings and they're used during Amber Alerts, traffic alerts, etc. Even so, there are a lot of billboards on I-10, which is more heavily travelled than I-17 and goes in more directions - you can take I-10 all the way through Phoenix coming and going from California and head down south to Tucson where Allison went to university. I-10 has more WAY more visibility than I-17, and it's a freeway that's closer to where Allison lived.

All this rambling boils down to me wondering why they'd put billboards along a lesser travelled freeway that's on the opposite side of town.

On a different note, this is from the same article I linked to above:

Harley Feldman said he and his wife feel closer to their daughter when they stay at the home.

I cannot imagine staying where my child was viciously murdered. Her poor parents. I really, really hope they find peace, comfort and JUSTICE.

I've read the media articles about the vigil, and have found something interesting. Maybe I'm thinking too hard (most likely), but this article states:

Silent Witness Sgt. Jamie Rothschild announced during the event that the department will be putting up billboards around the Valley with Feldman's photo and information about the case. They've yet to determine how many billboards there will be or how long they will stand, but they will most likely be along I-17, he said. (Bolding is mine.)

I-17 is a freeway that's nowhere near where Allison was killed. Allison's house is in south Scottsdale on the east side of town - the nearest freeways are the Loop 101 and the Loop 202. I-17 is on the west side of town. In order to get to it from where she lived, you have to go south on the 101, connect to the 202 west, connect to I-10 and then finally, you'll be able to get to I-17. It's quite a drive. If that's really where they're planning on concentrating the billboards, they really may not suspect someone from her neighborhood killed her.

Now, playing devil's advocate (with myself, ha), there are no billboards located along the Loop 101, and not many are located along the Loop 202. However, there are digital road signs that were in play during the recent Phoenix freeway shootings and they're used during Amber Alerts, traffic alerts, etc. Even so, there are a lot of billboards on I-10, which is more heavily travelled than I-17 and goes in more directions - you can take I-10 all the way through Phoenix coming and going from California and head down south to Tucson where Allison went to university. I-10 has more WAY more visibility than I-17, and it's a freeway that's closer to where Allison lived.

All this rambling boils down to me wondering why they'd put billboards along a lesser travelled freeway that's on the opposite side of town.

Thanks much for your local information -- it always helps! Maybe Rothschild or someone with the group asked about putting up billboards and perhaps they were told of the only areas where it is now allowed (as you mentioned). If so, I'm sure the group will put them where they can.

Who knoze? Maybe it will make something happen -- we need a bit of good luck...

This article is from May 2015...

Snipped...
...From preserving the McDowell Mountains to banning billboards and turning a once-planned concrete ditch into the Indian Bend Wash, there's no doubt about Scottsdale's impressive aesthetics. Even the bus stops are beautiful.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...le-sign-walker-ban-bad-business-cbt/28077367/

Just curious, if the billboard ban is still active in Scottsdale?

It might explain the placement of future billboards.

Just saying...

:dunno:

Maybe Rothschild or someone with the group asked about putting up billboards and perhaps they were told of the only areas where it is now allowed (as you mentioned). If so, I'm sure the group will put them where they can.

Maybe, but the billboards along I-10 are digital, which means that there can be multiple advertisers on one billboard - the ads switch out automatically. They're like giant movie screens. So if it's a matter of available inventory, it shouldn't be an issue along that freeway. Plus, outdoor media companies are very accommodating to LE when it comes to this sort of thing. If LE needs billboard space for help with solving a crime, it's there.

It's just not very logical to me to put them along I-17. I'm sure there are reasons why they'd do it, but taking it at face value... I just don't get it.

This article is from May 2015...

Snipped...

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...le-sign-walker-ban-bad-business-cbt/28077367/

Just curious, if the billboard ban is still active in Scottsdale?

It might explain the placement of future billboards.

Just saying...

:dunno:

Scottsdale has always had a billboard "ban," so to speak. There are sign ordinances throughout the metro-Phoenix area that dictate how tall business signs can be, where billboards and signs can be placed, etc. It's part of the desert aesthetic, I guess. When I first moved here, it took some time to get used to the fact that there are virtually no tall signs. You really have to know where something is to find it, because you don't look UP at signs, you look DOWN (with the exception of road/street signs, obviously). Plus, the cities don't make it easy for new signage to be installed - there are almost always major hoops to jump through and it has to be approved by city councils, town meetings are sometimes involved, and on and on. People can get really fired up about signage around here.

I'm still curious to see if they really are going to utilize the existing billboard signage in the part of town that's the furthest away from where Allison was killed, rather than what's nearer.

hmmm. I-17 is a busy stretch too though - to get north/south. Lots of truckers on both highways. I wonder why not the I-10 as well though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas