AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would the neighbor know who was there if they both parked in the garage? Was there a garage door or just a carport?

Allison's house has a two-car garage, not a carport. In that part of town - actually, in many parts of town where the homes are older - a house with a garage is somewhat rare. Her garage was added on when her home was remodeled when or just prior to when she bought it. Had she had a carport, the "neighbor" theory would make more sense to me. Since she had a garage, someone would have had to have been watching her house, and probably paying attention to any sort of regular schedule she and/or her boyfriend kept, in order to know when she'd be home alone AND ensure that they would not be interrupted during the attack by her boyfriend returning.

One detail I caught by the reporter was that Allison's home inside was completely destroyed due to the murder. So it was completely redone. Just has me thinking the struggle was not isolated to one area and very brutal. Could there have been more than one who attacked her? And if the struggle was not isolated to one area, it may have lasted longer than I had thought. Why didn't anyone hear anything?

Based on the, er, non-specific specifics, I wonder if the house being completely redone on the inside had more to do with processing the crime scene vs. the location of the murder within the house? If the SPD really went through her house thoroughly, looking for any and all evidence, it's possible that there was fingerprint dust everywhere, Luminol or something similar may have been used to detect blood that might have been cleaned up by the killer, etc. They were most likely looking for latent print/biological/trace evidence throughout the house.

I'm not at all discounting the fact that the murder was brutal, but I don't think LE has stated the true extent of the struggle that went on, if it was prolonged, if it started and ended in a relatively small space (which would indicate to me that she was surprised by the killer or the attack by him, and didn't have a lot of time to fight back), how the killer gained entrance to the house in the first place and so on.

Just thinking out loud, since that's a new tidbit of info for me.

Also, it's possible that no one heard anything because her house is mostly block, except for the remodeled part. Houses built with block construction are pretty soundproof. Plus, her house is on a somewhat large lot, which means her neighbors weren't so close by that it would have been easy to hear what was going on unless windows were open.

Based on the, er, non-specific specifics, I wonder if the house being completely redone on the inside had more to do with processing the crime scene vs. the location of the murder within the house? If the SPD really went through her house thoroughly, looking for any and all evidence, it's possible that there was fingerprint dust everywhere, Luminol or something similar may have been used to detect blood that might have been cleaned up by the killer, etc. They were most likely looking for latent print/biological/trace evidence throughout the house.

I'm not at all discounting the fact that the murder was brutal, but I don't think LE has stated the true extent of the struggle that went on, if it was prolonged, if it started and ended in a relatively small space (which would indicate to me that she was surprised by the killer or the attack by him, and didn't have a lot of time to fight back), how the killer gained entrance to the house in the first place and so on.

Just thinking out loud, since that's a new tidbit of info for me.

Also, it's possible that no one heard anything because her house is mostly block, except for the remodeled part. Houses built with block construction are pretty soundproof. Plus, her house is on a somewhat large lot, which means her neighbors weren't so close by that it would have been easy to hear what was going on unless windows were open.

Your right that very little of the specifics were released, so we just don't know. I do agree with your point of the entire house could have been covered in fingerprint dust and therefore, considered destroyed. I looked up some other crime scenes post processing and it can be everywhere (walls, floors, cabinets,windows,etc) and read it is very difficult to remove. Sticks to everything and somewhat turns ink like.
So, good point about why the entire house needed to be redone and considered destroyed.

Was Huffington Post the only media reporting that the house was "destroyed"? I only ask because their crime reporting tends to very on the hysterical side, Imo.

Allison's house has a two-car garage, not a carport. In that part of town - actually, in many parts of town where the homes are older - a house with a garage is somewhat rare. Her garage was added on when her home was remodeled when or just prior to when she bought it. Had she had a carport, the "neighbor" theory would make more sense to me. Since she had a garage, someone would have had to have been watching her house, and probably paying attention to any sort of regular schedule she and/or her boyfriend kept, in order to know when she'd be home alone AND ensure that they would not be interrupted during the attack by her boyfriend returning.

I very much agree to the point the killer knew her bf was not coming back. And the "neighbor" in general terms could be someone she was friendly with. A person she may have had small talk with, waved to, engaged in brief conversations, or seen on walks, or helped her with something in her house or yard, etc....therefore she didn't feel threatened at first. She could have stated to him that her bf went home. Never even thinking that information would be detrimental. I am of the theory she knew her killer, maybe not very well, imo.
I really do wish SPD would release more info so someone can remember something. When SPD stated he is not always violent, my thought is he is right there among that that community,imo. And that is scary ! !!!

Was Huffington Post the only media reporting that the house was "destroyed"? I only ask because their crime reporting tends to very on the hysterical side, Imo.

It is actually a local report, abc 15, and a local reporter. I am not sure why the whole collection of videos is gathered together by the Huffington post.

Candlelight vigil for slain Scottsdale woman scheduled for Nov. 12

A candlelight vigil for Allison Feldman is scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 12, from 7 to 9 p.m. outside her home in Scottsdale. The event, dubbed "Love and Justice," will feature speakers, prayer and music.

The full article is here: http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...il-slain-scottsdale-woman-scheduled/74877936/

From the article linked above -
The Scottsdale Police Department is also scheduled to be in attendance. Feldman's parents, Harley and Elayne, are flying in from Minnesota and will speak at the event.

Wonder if any former boyfriends (don't want to be specific as to keep within WS TOS) will be there :thinking:

Would also be good (though this event is not appropriate) for LE to hold a presser to update...

I still think this case should have been made public, all the details and the whole neighborhood checked for DNA and questioned. How is this anonymous secrecy helping?? Her parents must be going crazy by now.

I still think this case should have been made public, all the details and the whole neighborhood checked for DNA and questioned. How is this anonymous secrecy helping?? Her parents must be going crazy by now.

bbm
Agreed - That is called investigation. Several years ago, a woman here in Raleigh was raped and killed in the home of a good friend -- he was out-of-town, and she was here to attend a state education meeting.

Within a week or so, city LE went door-to-door in the neighborhood, sharing what info they could/would, answering the neighbors' questions, and asking the males for a cheek swab for DNA. All the neighbors were willing, concerned, and a bit frightened. All but one. He didn't invite them into his home (the only one who did not) and he refused to give his DNA (the only one who did not). LE checked to see if he had a record, and he did -- breaking and entering.

They put 24-hr undercover surveillance on him, and they recovered a cigarette butt. 24 hours later, they had a match (bodily fluid at the scene), and within hours, they had the man. LWOP + many years for the rape and some more for the break-in.

ETA: Maybe the local LE there has done the DNA thing in the neighborhood but are not disclosing it and not allowing it to be disclosed??? (Sounds pretty lame and improbable, huh?)

bbm
Agreed - That is called investigation. Several years ago, a woman here in Raleigh was raped and killed in the home of a good friend -- he was out-of-town, and she was here to attend a state education meeting.

Within a week or so, city LE went door-to-door in the neighborhood, sharing what info they could/would, answering the neighbors' questions, and asking the males for a cheek swab for DNA. All the neighbors were willing, concerned, and a bit frightened. All but one. He didn't invite them into his home (the only one who did not) and he refused to give his DNA (the only one who did not). LE checked to see if he had a record, and he did -- breaking and entering.

They put 24-hr undercover surveillance on him, and they recovered a cigarette butt. 24 hours later, they had a match (bodily fluid at the scene), and within hours, they had the man. LWOP + many years for the rape and some more for the break-in.

ETA: Maybe the local LE there has done the DNA thing in the neighborhood but are not disclosing it and not allowing it to be disclosed??? (Sounds pretty lame and improbable, huh?)

Yes, you are so right, what you are describing is an investigation. I don't think anyone even knows if LE investigated Allison's neighbors.

Snipped...

:waiting:

Hmmm, interesting, "at the start of the new year....planning another push
for tips..."

Maybe something positive is coming, or more info will be released. Hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne