GUILTY AZ - Ame Deal, 10, suffocated in footlocker, Phoenix, 12 July 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
peace, I thank you for your insight into those awful days pre-mandate, I cannot imagine how difficult that time period must have been as a healthcare professional, to have to be silent when your gut was screaming that something was wrong wrong wrong.

So sad for Ame. So many knew, school officials tried, neighbors tried, and the family up and moved, leaving the investigation behind and the new neighbors apparently noticed but did not intervene.

I just want to remind folks who are concerned DCF will not or cannot help if they are seeing abusive behavior, calling the police is an option. As msFacetious mentioned upthread, taking photos, videos, keeping a detailed log of what you have been seeing, hearing, are all very useful. If DCF is not being responsive or not being allowed access to the home to intervene, please, call police and let them deal with getting into the house to see what is going on.

Many thanks to peace and msfacetious who have tried to intervene on behalf of children. And hugs and condolences to msfacetious, who must feel so helpless in the face of this news about Ame. Know you did everything you could. They moved ahead of the investigation and landed in some far less involved area with neighbors who chose "not to seperate" a family that most certainly should have been. Those neighbors will have that decision on their hearts for years to come, I am sure.

What angers and disgusts me about this story (besides the obvious of course) is all of the neighbors' comments. WTH. WTF. Why did NOBODY call CPS (the azcentral article states a neighbor didn't want to break the family up???). How could people see these clothless, hungry, dirty children playing outside at 2:00 a.m. and do nothing? Shame on them. Shame on all of them.

And what kind of relative comes over to a house and sees another relative sitting on a box (while using her computer) with a kid screaming inside AND does nothing?

Heavy sigh..............................

I think I may be able to offer an answer to why none of the neighbors came forward or reported to the police before this child died.

I don't live there, but I am familiar with this Phoenix neighborhood. The people who live there are what I call "fringe people." Many of them mind their own business and keep far away from officials simply because they don't want the cops or child protective services to be nosing around them or their households.

Many of them have already been in trouble with the law themselves and would rather not become involved. And if one of them does attempt to turn over information to officials, they will be talked out of it and warned that it would not be a good idea unless they know the entire story of what is happening.

Sure, they do witness the awful behavior and down-right tortune of child and they really do feel bad but at the same time they will not take the chance of allowing officials near their own homes just in case something may appear not right. They shun the cops. They actually fear the cops. They are not hearless and cruel but they are weak and are the type of people to always be looking over their shoulder. But, yes, they will appear afterwards to comment to the press as they stand, arms folded over their chest, shaking their head.
It doesn't make it right. But for them, it makes it safe. jmo

Ame Deal's Friends Host "Popsicle Social" to Remember Murdered 10-Year-Old
Fri., Aug. 5 2011 at 10:24 AM

We were invited this morning via-Facebook to attend the Popsicle social -- which will be going on all month -- by a Pennsylvania man who claims he's the girl's real father.

snip

The event was started by a Washington woman, Pam Newcomer, who wants people to remember Ame by buying other kids a Popsicle.

"Sometime in August, when the ice cream man comes down the street, get a child a Popsicle in Ame's name or buy a box at the store and hand 'em out," Newcomer says. "If you are not able to buy a Popsicle in her name, please light a candle."

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2011/08/ame_deals_friends_host_popsicl.php

That popsicle social made me cry. What a great way to honor and remember this child. So an innocent act.

Ame Deal's Father Trying to Bail Monsters Who Murdered His Daughter Out of Jail
Fri., Jul. 29 2011 at 1:46 PM

According to our source, David Deal has called friends and family members asking for money so he can bail his mother and sister, both charged with kidnapping and child abuse for repeatedly torturing the young girl, and his niece and her husband, who admitted to killing Ame, out of jail.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2011/07/ame_deals_father_trying_to_bai.php

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/opinions/articles/2011/08/03/20110803wed1-03-ame-deal.html

Some children live with brutality. Their crying is not heard by anybody who cares.

That is a hard reality that cannot be wished away.

Arizona does wish there had been a better life for Ame Deal, the little 10-year-old girl who will always be known as the child who died for taking a frozen treat.

I think it's time for a federal law that requires an APB on those who skip town during an abuse investigation, especially at the outset. They were able to move 3 or 4 times to different jurisdictions without being held accountable.

I think it's time for a federal law that requires an APB on those who skip town during an abuse investigation, especially at the outset. They were able to move 3 or 4 times to different jurisdictions without being held accountable.

You wouldn't think in this day and age it would be so easy for people to just disappear. Back in the day when counties were not interconnected to the internet it was more understandable, today not so much but it seems little has changed.

4 Adult Relatives Indicted in Death of 10-Year-Old Ame Deal
Updated: Wednesday, 10 Aug 2011, 10:52 AM MST
Published : Wednesday, 10 Aug 2011, 10:42 AM MST

PHOENIX - Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery announced the indictment of four relatives of 10-year-old Ame Deal on Wednesday.

snip

“This horrific case has deeply disturbed not only the citizens of Maricopa County, but people throughout the country as it offends the essence of what it means to be a parent or guardian of a young child,” said Montgomery. “Instead of caring for Ame Deal, we are alleging that these family members utterly failed her. My office will spare no effort in seeking justice for Ame and ensuring the public has confidence in the result,” he added.

snip

The defendants are scheduled to be arraigned on August 17.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/new...ted-in-death-of-10-year-old-ame-deal-08102011

This is so so sad, I have no words left.

This case was one of the saddest I've ever read about. I think that's because you would hope that any child could have even just ONE ally in her home who will protect and care for her, and this little girl had no one at all.

It just never seems to stop does it. Poor little girl. How could anyone look at that cute little girl and do harm to her - makes my heart hurt. RIP baby girl.

Thank you to all of you who are keeping this going and for the kind words. I do not have it in me to come to this thread most of the time.

I am relieved other people are now coming out and telling what Ame's life was like before Arizona.
I just don't have the heart to give the details they are giving. Just knowing them is bad enough.

I have surprised myself with how strong my emotions are on this... but it's way beyond personal. I will never get over this.

I threw a royal fit about this very issue. I made it VERY clear that I felt like they should do more to track where she went.
That they should do more to notify the authorities there. That they should do SOMETHING, ANYTHING besides just let them leave.

peace, I thank you for your insight into those awful days pre-mandate, I cannot imagine how difficult that time period must have been as a healthcare professional, to have to be silent when your gut was screaming that something was wrong wrong wrong.

So sad for Ame. So many knew, school officials tried, neighbors tried, and the family up and moved, leaving the investigation behind and the new neighbors apparently noticed but did not intervene.

I just want to remind folks who are concerned DCF will not or cannot help if they are seeing abusive behavior, calling the police is an option. As msFacetious mentioned upthread, taking photos, videos, keeping a detailed log of what you have been seeing, hearing, are all very useful. If DCF is not being responsive or not being allowed access to the home to intervene, please, call police and let them deal with getting into the house to see what is going on.

Many thanks to peace and msfacetious who have tried to intervene on behalf of children. And hugs and condolences to msfacetious, who must feel so helpless in the face of this news about Ame. Know you did everything you could. They moved ahead of the investigation and landed in some far less involved area with neighbors who chose "not to seperate" a family that most certainly should have been. Those neighbors will have that decision on their hearts for years to come, I am sure.

I thought about this... I tried to convince myself that I had done everything I could.

I did not do everything I could do, I did everything I could think of at the time. I should have thought harder.

Yes, I did more than her Arizona neighbors. More than her "mother" and her "family." It wasn't enough and I could have done more.

You know I am one of the most heartless people you'll ever meet. Don't get upset, don't cry, don't care. I am cold with most people.

Ame though... just melts you. Ame is a total sweetheart. She should still be singing with my girls... playing/bathing in the sprinklers...

I can't even put into words how badly I want to turn back time and be there to pull Ame out of that trunk.

I didn't do enough... or she wouldn't have died alone, scared and suffocating in a box. That's just the way it is.

I am so sorry Ame that your "family" never sang songs like this with you. You are indeed Amazing, Magnificent, Exceptional and so much more.

[video=youtube;OG-NjG4xjVk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG-NjG4xjVk[/video]

Ame Deal remembered as a child deserving of love

Fri, 08/12/2011 - 1:32pm

"I don't want Ame to be remembered as a girl who was abused and who died in a box," said Jileen Boydstan, who was Ame's second-grade teacher at James Madison Elementary. "I want people to remember her as a beautiful human being."

http://www.standard.net/stories/2011/08/12/ame-deal-remembered-child-deserving-love

It's just too sad...

Police said she died after being locked in a foot locker and suffering other punishments including being forced to exercise in the heat after her caretakers became angry because she'd taken a Popsicle out of the freezer.

But Friday, she was remembered for being loving and hungry for positive attention from adults.

Ross Lunceford, former principal at James Madison and now principal at Horace Mann Elementary, said Ame "always had a smile on her face.

"She was the kid in school who every teacher wanted to take home," he said. "She would hug my leg and attach herself to it. I'd be walking down the hallway. I really couldn't get her to let go."

This snippet bothers me for some reason because it presents two things as a contradiction that IMO probably aren't.

She was abused horribly - BUT she was loving and hungry for positive attention from her teachers.

Of course she was but there is no but about it, it was because she was abused at home and got no positive attention from the adults that took care of her there. She would hang on to her teacher's leg because she didn't want to go home to be abused again.

Valley child-abuse cases brutal
Aug. 11, 2011 12:00 AM

"Ultimately, the degree to which we call ourselves a civilized society is directly related to how we stand up for the defenseless and innocent among us," Montgomery said. "I call upon everyone, everyone, to report abuse and neglect when they see it."

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/new...x-child-abuse-cases-brutal.html#ixzz1UuRRIspr

ETA: I was just reading news stories about the other child talked about in the article, Jacob Gibson. Horribly abused, multiple reports called in, years of abuse, reports deemed 'unsubstantiated'. Now he lays in a hospital with his brain damaged, and is not expected to survive his injuries. He never had a life, and he's only 6 years old. Rather, he had a life of torment and torture, with DPS and LE there every step of the way, not helping him.

I hope Ame somehow knows in heaven........that strangers love her......those she had never even met on earth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back