AZ AZ - Chelsea Grimm, 32, traveling from San Diego CA to CT, car found Oct 5 on Forest Rd 6 near Williams, she was last seen in Williams, 28 Sep 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if she ever really intended to go to the wedding? Did she take dress clothes and a wedding gift with her? She gave up on going to CT awfully soon. I would have taken a route to connect with interstate 70 and head east that way. I've gone from Denver to Dayton, Ohio in two days. She didn't go for a quick route which makes me think the wedding may have been a ruse to get away by herself.

Taking the sleeping bag with her makes me wonder if she tried to walk out by going across the countryside. She may have thought it was a short cut or a way to disappear.
Wondered the same. Did she get the flat tires, have no cell phone service to call or text for help, and realized she’d have to go get help and it may take hours, so she took the sleeping bag, as it’s cold there at night now, too, left her camera as she didn’t need the weight, took the lizard as she figured she could care for him for a day or so, and then something happened, either met up with someone shady or got utterly lost.

I wonder if she ever really intended to go to the wedding? Did she take dress clothes and a wedding gift with her? She gave up on going to CT awfully soon. I would have taken a route to connect with interstate 70 and head east that way. I've gone from Denver to Dayton, Ohio in two days. She didn't go for a quick route which makes me think the wedding may have been a ruse to get away by herself.
Very good questions about clothing. We’ve never learned when the wedding date is or was. Was she employed full time or part time, and had she requested time off, and if yes, for what period of time?

Being a social worker is a profession that necessitated compassion and a desire to help others. That’s hard to do when one hates most people.

Walking around barefoot where there are ticks, rattlesnakes, thorns, etc., is a bit eccentric.

Taking a photo and posting it of a bunch of missing children while on a trip is not necessarily weird but it is morbid, doesn’t seem to have a point (as it was too far away for their faces to be clearly seen, IIRC) and it’s oddly coincidental.

This sort of reminds me of the case a few years back when a woman disappeared in a state park somewhere in the desert. She came back out eventually. Made up a story, IMO but I think she was camping and hiding out in the park for some reason.

That would be a best case scenario here so I sort of hope something like that is going on. Rather than the horrible alternatives.

like I said, many people relieve stress by saying things like 'I hate people' on social media, regardless of career choice - I say it several times a week! esp. following crime the way we do here

hopefully the best case scenario is that she's off camping (without her camera?!) and her and her baby are both ok

People call that Earthing. Being in touch with the earth through your feet. I have a niece who does that anywhere and everywhere.
We just called it being barefoot when I was a kid. But we had grass or sidewalks or dirt fields or sandy beaches.

Regardless, interestingly, tonight while I was walking in the canyon, I came across a woman hiking barefoot! The only other time I’ve seen that is a runner I know who often runs that same canyon, barefoot.

Ironic.

I know this is a bit odd, but I swear I know her from somewhere. We are the same age, from the same area, would of graduated from high school the same year.

The moment I saw her name in a report I recognized it. Then her photo- I know I know her from somewhere.

Can’t pin it down.
Let us know if it comes back to you. Welcome to Websleuths!

We just called it being barefoot when I was a kid. But we had grass or sidewalks or dirt fields or sandy beaches.

Regardless, interestingly, tonight while I was walking in the canyon, I came across a woman hiking barefoot! The only other time I’ve seen that is a runner I know who often runs that same canyon, barefoot.

Ironic.
Yeah, the times and the wording is changing! I went barefoot also, my niece and many others go earthing.

Yeah, the times and the wording is changing! I went barefoot also, my niece and many others go earthing.
I always go the other way. As a child visiting my granddaddy's overgrown farm, I learned the wisdom of wearing boots. I got my ankles scratched up by "wait a minutes." Now I wear boots in unknown terrain.

Let us know if it comes back to you. Welcome to Websleuths!
Thanks!

I knew you all would have her social media pages so this was the first placed I checked.

Neither listed the high school she went to but I’m fairly confident it must of been from there or an early job just out of high school.

Hoping she is found soon, such a scary case.

“The magnitude of this adventure, … of driving across the country was a lot for Chelsea. We gave her a bunch of options,” Stephen said.

Just throwing this out there since she admittedly smokes marijuana, I have a few relatives who refuse to fly because they’re afraid to take marijuana with them to the airport, and they don’t want to be at their destination without it.

Some prefer to drive because of the scenery. Some have an aversion to being encapsulated in cramped quarters with strangers on an airplane. Some don’t have the funds to fly, then rent transportation at their destination, and don’t want to rely on borrowing someone else’s car, or worse, being stuck in an unpleasant/annoying situation with no way to get away.

Perhaps CG preferred driving over flying with her bearded dragon.

IMO, there are many reasons one might choose to drive rather than fly.
But weed is legal in CT.

Could her pet lizard have escaped the car while she was taking photos at the cemetery? Was that why she was crying? Was she going to stay in area and camp hoping her lizard would return? Did the lizard die?

"She further indicated that her intention to create a series highlighting the stories of lost and forgotten people of this country," the Williams Police Department statement said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back