Found Deceased AZ - David Batten, 45, & Elissa Landry, 28, Chino Valley, 19 Apr 2020 *POI*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the Chino Valley Police Department on FB:

Chino Valley Police Department (permalink)

"Chino Valley Police Department
20 hrs ·
Here is a flyer for the three missing individuals.

CVPD personnel have worked tirelessly to locate these individuals.

We appreciate the information members of the public have provided to our officers. At this time there is no new information available for public release.
"

From the Chino Valley Police Department on FB:

20 hrs ·
Here is a flyer for the three missing individuals.

CVPD personnel have worked tirelessly to locate these individuals.

We appreciate the information members of the public have provided to our officers. At this time there is no new information available for public release.
"

I found that the CVPD had an earlier post about these 3 missing people. The previous link was for a post on April 25th. This link is for the post on April 23rd:

April 23 at 2:05 PM ·
NEWS RELEASE

Missing Endangered Subjects

On 04/21/2020 at approximately 6:04 p.m. Chino Valley Officers took a missing person report on Chino Drive. It was reported David Batten, Elissa Landry and Mitchell Minks had last been heard from on 04/19/2020 at approximately 3:45 p.m.

David the homeowner is Elissa’s step-father and Mitchell is Elissa’s boyfriend. An attempt to locate was sent out to law enforcement agencies statewide.

On 04/22/2020 Chino Valley Officers returned to Mr. Batten’s residence on Chino Drive. Inside Officer’s discovered evidence indicating foul play and a criminal investigation is underway.

David Batten is 45 years old, 6’ 00’ tall, weighs approximately 255 lbs., and has brown hair and brown eyes. David goes by the name Nick.

Elissa Landry is 28 years old, 5” 10” tall, weighs approximately 155 lbs., and has brown hair and brown eyes. Elissa goes by the name Ellie.

Mitchell Mincks is 24 years old, 6” 01” tall, weighs approximately 206 lbs., and has brown hair and green eyes. Mitchell goes by the name Mitch.

It is believed they may be travelling to Iowa in a blue 2013 Subaru Forester bearing Arizona Women Veteran plate WV1236.

If you see any of the involved subjects, do not approach and call 911. If you wish to remain anonymous you can report to Yavapai Silent Witness online at yavapaisw.com or by calling 1-800-932-3232.

This is an active and ongoing investigation and no further details will be released at this time.

We have been notified of information circulating on social media regarding this investigation. We appreciate the concern for these missing people and officers are diligently working to locate them. When information does not come directly from law enforcement it should be discounted and not shared. By sharing unsubstantiated information, it may hinder a law enforcement investigation. [same 3 photos]"​

Missing Arizona man, stepdaughter thought to be dead

Two of three people reported missing in Arizona earlier this month are thought to be dead, and the third has been arrested, police said Tuesday.

Chino Valley police believe David Batten, 45, and his stepdaugther, Elissa Landry, 28, are dead. They were last seen April 19 at 3:45 p.m. at Batten's home with 24-year-old Mitchell Mincks, who has been identified as Landry's boyfriend.

Earlier this month, police said they had discovered evidence of foul play at the home.

"Chino Valley Police Department is updating this investigation from a missing person case to a homicide investigation," the department said in a statement said.

Mincks was arrested in Iowa on an unrelated warrant but was named as a "person of interest" in the case, the Chino Valley Police Department said in a statement.

Update post from the Chino Valley PD on Facebook (their 3rd post about David and Elissa):

19 hrs ·
NEWS RELEASE

***UPDATE*** Missing Endangered Subjects

Chino Valley Police Department is updating this investigation from a missing person case to a homicide investigation.

Chino Valley Police Department has located evidence at and away from David’s residence, on Chino Drive, indicating Elissa and/or David are deceased. Mitchell Mincks is a person of interest in this investigation.

On 04/25/2020 and 04/26/2020 Chino Valley Police Department was assisted by the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office with a ground and air search in the area of State Route 89 and Drake Road. This area was searched due to evidence collected during the investigation. During this search no people or vehicles were located but searchers did recover Elissa and David’s cell phones.

On 04/28/2020 Mitchell was arrested in Waterloo, IA on an unrelated arrest warrant. Chino Valley Police Department has investigator’s enroute to Iowa.​

Elissa’s blue 2013 Subaru Forester bearing Arizona Women Veteran plate WV1236 has not been located.

The subjects missing in this investigation are:

David Batten is 45 years old, 6’ 00’ tall, weighs approximately 255 lbs., and has brown hair and brown eyes. David goes by the name Nick.

Elissa Landry is 28 years old, 5” 10” tall, weighs approximately 155 lbs., and has brown hair and brown eyes. Elissa goes by the name Ellie.

If you have information on the whereabouts of Nick, Ellie or the vehicle call 911 or your local authorities. If you wish to remain anonymous you can report to Yavapai Silent Witness online at yavapaisw.com or by calling 1-800-932-3232."

BBM

<quoted post was removed>

EDITED BY MODERATOR TO ADD: TO THOSE WHO CLAIM TO KNOW ANY OF THE PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THIS CASE:

Please consider contacting the administrators of this website in order to become a "Verified Insider" (a.k.a. someone who knows the people involved in the case and who is permitted to post information that hasn't been reported in mainstream media sources/news): Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip> I can’t see him going down without a fight— I am hopeful they are found, but obviously the stats and details are against him and his step daughter. This is heartbreaking. My prayers go out to his parents and brothers. And of course his step daughters family. All of us in his hometown are praying for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
This case is very sad on so many levels. My heart breaks for the friends and family of Nick and Elli. I did find a IG page for Elli different from the one posted earlier. The last post on the page was Apr 19 and she posted frequently. @aislingfairygirl I see 4 dogs in many of the pics. I wonder if they have all been located.

This case is very sad on so many levels. My heart breaks for the friends and family of Nick and Elli. I did find a IG page for Elli different from the one posted earlier. The last post on the page was Apr 19 and she posted frequently. @aislingfairygirl I see 4 dogs in many of the pics. I wonder if they have all been located.
Thanks for finding that info, @Alchemy02, and welcome to Websleuths! The link for that Instagram page, with lots of photos:

Elli May (@aislingfairygirl) • Instagram photos and videos

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back