AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to PattyG for posting the videos. I've watched both segments twice. When they are being interviewed by Ms. Curry, the parents rarely use their daughter's name: Isabel. They refer to "she", "her", "girl", "that face", etc. but don't call their child by name. I immediately recalled Patsy Ramsey's very odd remark: "I loved that child." The parents appear to distance themselves from their offspring and could be talking about anyone with the vague references.

Sergio seems much too preoccupied with the notion that he (and/or they) are being carefully scrutinized by LE.

:moo:

Does the following mean Sergio didn't put her to bed? It sounds that way to me.

Reporter- " what do you remember about the last time you saw her, sergio ?"
Sergio- " just that sweet little face . just that sweet little face . she had just gotten her hair done. it was just before she went to bed. she had a baseball game early the next morning. and becky braided her hair up. so she was going to be ready for early morning . and i was asking her if she was hungry. and she just had that little sleepy look as she was walking by. and she just said, "no, daddy. i'm tired." she was just walking by."

This is the impression I got, too. She walked by. That was the last time he saw her.

When it's a six year old putting her to bed may be as simple as telling her to go and brush her teeth and she does the rest herself.

Yes, but LE has called it "put to bed" and "tucked in" a number of times, so this is a bit strange to those of us who have been asking who saw her last.
LE took a while but finally stated that mom went to bed before Isa.

Since you asked, the mother seems resolute but hopeful. She appears to love and miss her daughter. She seems that she will do whatever it takes to get her back.

Father, when asked what he had to say about people's speculation regarding his possible involvement in this, says something like "I wish I knew what to think, I wish I knew why this had to happen". He never offers a denial. (I have no involvement in Isa's disappearance, or I didn't do it) I would feel a lot better had he given a denial. I would also have felt a lot better had he answered the questions that were actually asked, rather than offering emotional answers that did not address what was asked.

When father says Isa is, IS, (emphasis emphatically on is) it makes me wonder if he has been coached to not say "was".

Mother seems to have true sadness and worry (but strength) both on her face and in her voice. Father's is different, and not what I would expect at this time.

Very interesting analysis. TY MOO

Thank you Patty. The interview is still not on here in PST. I guess it will be on after 7:30 since she opens up with "during this half hour" on the video that you so nicely provided.
Thanks again.

I get the impression that they know Isabel is alive and probably where she is. I can't explain why I think that, perhaps because of complete lack of anger over being scrutinized by LE, the words but lack of corresponding affect when Sergio says "why was she targeted?". There's no outrage, no strong emotion - they're just so - well - flat in affect. But also, I wonder if Becky is seriously sedated.

When Ann (why did they pick her to do the interview? She's the worst!) opened and they said "hello" it was almost like a rehearsed response from the parents (pretty much in unison).

In a way, it made me feel better that perhaps she is not deceased.

Thank you Patty. The interview is still not on here in PST. I guess it will be on after 7:30 since she opens up with "during this half hour" on the video that you so nicely provided.
Thanks again.

It was right around 7:30-7:40 cause I paused it while I said bye to everyone on their way out LOL :p

I get the impression that they know Isabel is alive and probably where she is. I can't explain why I think that, perhaps because of complete lack of anger over being scrutinized by LE, the words but lack of corresponding affect when Sergio says "why was she targeted?". There's no outrage, no strong emotion - they're just so - well - flat in affect. But also, I wonder if Becky is seriously sedated.

When Ann (why did they pick her to do the interview? She's the worst!) opened and they said "hello" it was almost like a rehearsed response from the parents (pretty much in unison).

In a way, it made me feel better that perhaps she is not deceased.

Sergio looks like he's had very little sleep and perhaps a sedative. JMO

Ann Curry makes me nuts...I hate at the end she's all "I hope your prayers are answered...and now for a check of the weather with Al." :banghead:

It is so hard for reporters to transition from a heart-felt news story into the next story.

ETA: The worst transition for me is on HLN when they go from a missing child, or a murder and then "we all need a laugh break and show a viral video of the day of something funny." :furious:

Yes, I am watching it on NBC now

Yes, but LE has called it "put to bed" and "tucked in" a number of times, so this is a bit strange to those of us who have been asking who saw her last.
LE took a while but finally stated that mom went to bed before Isa.
So mom went to bed before Isabel and the last time dad saw her was when she walked by saying she was tired. This means neither of them put her to bed yet LE says family put her to bed. What family??? An uncle? An aunt? A brother? A cousin? Did she actualy even make it to her bed??

I found the parents to be completely honest and heartbroken.

Imaging having your little daughter missing and appearing on The Today Show.

I am sure they have been coached on what to say and how to say it.

They look exhausted and so very sad.

The only part of the interview that seemed a bit off was the discussion of dad's last time seeing Isa. He shook his head "no" during that answer. He shook his head yes and no throughout the whole interview, but that time he shook his head no and it stood out. I don't have an issue with Isa going to bed on her own; however, it seems strange to ask a six year old if she wanted something to eat at 11 pm, rather than ask if she wanted a bedtime story, or to be tucked in.

That is the only part of the interview that seemed odd to me. Perhaps he is feeling guilty he did not see her to bed.

My take on the interview is that they are just a normal couple, they're exhausted, emotionally depleted and feel helpless. He does have an odd affect, but God forbid *I* ever was interviewed in a situation like this, I can imagine how my odd habits and quirks would appear to millions of viewers.

Edited to change: I don't think anyone in her immediate family did it.

I feel terrible for these parents. Dads words about her passing by was so sad, I could see her in my mind saying good night to daddy, weird that he would ask if she was hungry at 11pm. my heart aches I wouldn't be able to live if one of my boys we t missing. Who ever took her knew she was in the house and knew she had a big family, this person took a huge risk going into that house! how is this possible that children are stolen from their bedrooms? It seems to be the trending story now that parents use. She/he was put to bed and then gone in the morning. I feel guilty parents are using this excuse and in cases like this one where it might actually be true, we now have doubts.

The only part of the interview that seemed a bit off was the discussion of dad's last time seeing Isa. He shook his head "no" during that answer. He shook his head yes and no throughout the whole interview, but that time he shook his head no and it stood out. I don't have an issue with Isa going to bed on her own; however, it seems strange to ask a six year old if she wanted something to eat at 11 pm, rather than ask if she wanted a bedtime story, or to be tucked in.

That is the only part of the interview that seemed odd to me. Perhaps he is feeling guilty he did not see her to bed.

I don't have an issue with her going on her own either. What bothers me is LE saying family put her to bed. Her parents didn't put her to bed so who is the family that LE is talking about??

So is the big mystery that she went to bed on her own? I don't get why that would have had to be such a big secret...maybe nothing being withheld means anything in this case...

I didn't find it odd at all that they didn't mention taking the LDT. Ann Curry didn't bring it up; I may have felt more suspicious if they were adamantly defending themselves when the interview wasn't accusatory.

:moo:

So is the big mystery that she went to bed on her own? I don't get why that would have had to be such a big secret...maybe nothing being withheld means anything in this case...

They never said she went to bed on her own. Just that mom and dad didn't put her to bed.

I missed the show and am unable to watch now because I'm at work, but I am so relieved they did a media interview. I am hoping against hope that this added exposure will bring Isa home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member