AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your insight on hiring an attorney. I agree. My "thanks" button is goofed up.

I think the CPS involvement is indirectly related to Isa's disappearance. SC might be going through a lot of stress and perhaps the boys are more than he can handle right now. Boys will be boys and if perhaps one of them accused SC of bad parenting (example) - It's your fault she's missing or something along those lines, I can see how he may have snapped. He was the last one to see her and he was the one to find her missing.

I think sending the boys back to school so soon may not have been a wise choice. One would think rumours are rampant. I'm guessing the older one is in highschool? Imagine what the other kids must be saying.

:what:

ETA: Sergio said he was going back to work. Do we know if he did? That may also be a stressor.

Doesn't it all depend on how the fund was created? In other words, if the fund is for the searches, can the parents use it for a defense attorney? I would think the community (donors) would be really angry if that happened.

I honestly don't know how they go about setting the collection of money so I can't say for sure if it could be done. If they are able to switch, I would think the community would be upset too.

I guess I want to know what searches are being done now? Does anyone know? Have they contacted TES and is that why they need all this money for searches? What about volunteer searches? What type of monetary resources are needed for those? I always thought that the community comes together to do those.

Sorry if these questions have already been answered. I keep wondering about the searches. I'm not hearing much about them, just that they doing fundraisers for them.

I respectfully disagree. If I was a suspect in a crime that I did not commit, or was being aggressively investigated as a possible suspect, I would RUN to get an attorney, to protect myself and if the investigation was about my child, then even more so because I would need that professional to get me cleared so that my child could be found. Even the smartest among us do not comprehend the ins and outs of investigative training, and can get caught up on technicalities that an attorney would know how to avoid or handle. Especially being a minority in the south, if an officer looks at me funny I would get an attorney. Sorry, it's really my strong opinion.

Absolutely agree, especially for a minority in this country.

OT: In the event that I can't log-in or have trouble getting WS to load - took several tries this morning - I want to wish everyone here Happy Mother's Day. Whether you are a mom, grandmother, aunt, cat-mom, dog-mom, I hope you share a magical day with your family and friends.

Now, I will play catch-up on overnight posts and this new thread.

My first mother's day as a doting rescue mom! Thank you, BDE! Enjoying some quiet time with Mr Whiskers right now. :cat:

I see no reason for innocent parents of missing children to need criiminal defense attorneys. In every case I've seen, the criminal defense attorneys tell the parents to not talk and if they do, they will only answer certain questions approved by them.

The Criminal defense attorneys put a stop to LE getting the truth out and finding the baby. The attorneys are not interested in finding the child but are very much interested in keeping the parents quiet.

If you all want to start on the Constitutional Rights again, have at it. Personally, my thoughts on finding the child trump the darn rights of the parents and their need for a criminal defense attorney. This card has been over played by many a parent in the search for their child.

Very well said and thank you for holding your ground.

The LeMarr family, in spite of all of the things said about them, have to this day refused to get a lawyer. That's because they see LE as their ally. And they are. Without LE, their daughter's abductor will not be brought to justice.

So what is the alternative? Do you suggest people should not have a right to defend themselves, I know it is an unpopular belief but if the police, who happen to have UNLIMITED RESOURCES AT THEIR DISPOSAL with which to prove a case, cant prove a case with those UNLIMITED RESOURCES then the accused should walk, it really doesnt matter in our system of jurisprudence if a person is guilty or not, ALL THAT MATTERS is whether the state can prove it and if they cannot then the accused should walk free, that is the only way to protect the rights of those who are falsely accused and to prevent this country from becoming a police state where you can have your doors kicked in be thrown in prison and never get a chance to defend yourself. Does this mean some really ****** people are going to get away with doing some very bad things, like Casey for example? Yes it does, but it also means that those who are WRONGFULLY ACCUSED stand a better chance of not being WRONGFULLY IMPRISONED and I dont know about you but I cant think of anything worse than an innocent person being taken away from their loved ones and locked up in a cage like an animal for something they did not do, SO IF IT MEANS that TEN GUILTY have to walk free to ENSURE that one innocent person is not wrongfully convicted, then yea, I will take it. In the case of Casey for example, I think she was guilty, I do NOT think the state proved first degree murder and therefore I had no real problem with the verdict, it sucks but the safeguards that we have to prevent the innocent from going to prison ARE IMPORTANT and unfortunately sometimes those safeguards will bite us in the *advertiser censored* and allow some really bad people's actions to go unpunished. I have studied the law all of my life and I have yet to find a better system anywhere. It has its flaws but it is the best man has thought up at this time.

If the state cant prove guilt then so be it that is just the way it is and I have no problem with that and if you are ever wrongfully accused I would suggest you wont either.

Voltaire again? ;)

Anyway, I agree and no, it ain't perfect bit it's the system we have and it's far and away better than most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly don't know how they go about setting the collection of money so I can't say for sure if it could be done. If they are able to switch, I would think the community would be upset too.

I guess I want to know what searches are being done now? Does anyone know? Have they contacted TES and is that why they need all this money for searches? What about volunteer searches? What type of monetary resources are needed for those? I always thought that the community comes together to do those.

Sorry if these questions have already been answered. I keep wondering about the searches. I'm not hearing much about them, just that they doing fundraisers for them.

Nothing as far as I know. My understanding is LE does not want public searches. LE is following up on leads. I guess some sort of searches down in Mexico but who knows what kind of investigating is going on there. Is it physical searches or just putting up flyers?

If Sergio doesn't have an attorney by now, then maybe he is innocent. I think if ever there's a time to get an attorney, now might be it for Sergio. If I were denied all contact with my children, I'd definitely get an attorney.

By the way, Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

Now may indeed be the time for him to get an attorney. But out of the gate, on the eve of your kid going missing? No way. Of the dozens of things that would go through my mind in the beginning, that would NOT be one of them.

Off to visit with my mommy. See you all later! Happy Mother's Day! xoxo

Studies have shown that about 5% of the US prison population are INNOCENT PEOPLE. 5% you say, that is a small number and it shows how accurate our system is in catching the real bad guys right? Wrong, there are MILLIONS of people in prison in the US and 5% of those millions represent A LOT of sons, mothers, daughters, fathers and brothers and sisters who are, right now, locked up in a cage away from their loved ones for something THEY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH, consider if that was your husband or son and you know for a fact they are innocent, how would you feel? I cant think of a worse nightmare than for that to be someone I loved. Everyday innocent people are released from DEATH ROW, that is a problem a big problem that we are potentially executing someone who is completely innocent. I know my profession is frowned upon and I know there are a lot of really slimy lawyers out there but those who need my services understand the importance of what I do and that alone continues to allow me to do it in spite of the fact that I have very likely helped a lot of bad people get away with their repulsive actions.

Sergio mentioned in a media interview that he worked in a dental surgical facility. I searched AZ dental licensing site and found nothing to indicate that Sergio is licensed in any dental field.

A dental hygenist i believe......thats what i read, it is stated on thread one i just read it.

I believe he is an assistant in an oral surgery office.

ETA: No license needed, at least when I worked at that same job. I just had to know what I was doing.

Is this likely due to the fact that an "assistant" doesn't have direct contact with the patient? Duties like sterilizing instruments, handing them to the dental surgeon, cleaning up following procedures, etc. would not require the assistant to have any direct contact with a patient.

Whisperer I do respect your opinion on this matter and it isnt personal, it is good to hear from those who disagree with me and I have no problem with that but I would suggest if you are ever wrongfully accused of a crime your perspective might change.

Anyway back to the case...

I would think it very wise for the parent of a missing child to seek representation no matter if guilty or innocent....

You need to have your rights protected also andneed guidence on many issues.

JMO

As i see it having a lawyer does not always make you guilty!

Is CA a right-to-work state?

Might SC have been let go from his job and perhaps THAT caused some kind of domestic stressor that necessitated such an extreme measure as a No Contact order?

It still seems far fetched but still possible, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A dental hygenist i believe......thats what i read, it is stated on thread one i just read it.

That's what was reported early in the investigation. During an interview, however, Sergio simply mentioned that he worked in a dental surgery office and did not specify that he was a hygienist. If a license is required for this position, he does not have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryopanda