AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
... I am not convinced that the parents, one or the other, or both, do not know something, did not do something, etc. I am not a firm believer in anyone's innocence. But not a firm believer in anyone's guilt either.... Officially on the fence. I have been very open about stating that I don't feel that these parents are guilty of harming Isa in my gut, but, as a scientist, I take gut feelings with a huge grain of salt.
That being said, I am still very curious if my other gut instinct is correct, that there may have been another family staying with the Celis family at some point (not on the night that Isa went missing). This would give me another possible scenario - people familiar with the house, the habits of the occupants, the dogs etc. Just to clarify what I was thinking in my prior posting, which seems to have been misunderstood.

FWIW I just asked a close relative who is LE in AZ what the "local feeling" is for what happened to Isabel. They responded to me that their friend is a US Marshall and that "word" is that "the dad" has serious drug debt related to the cartel and that Isabel is most likely in Mexico and is dead.

Even after the cartel word being thrown around here so frequently, it really shocked me to hear that reply.

I think the December incident has been way overblown. It may not have even concerned Sergio since he wasnt even spoken to until May of this year. Even LE came out and said it was a MINOR incident and had nothing to do with Isa.

I dont have any reason to believe his sister wouldnt be truthful about something that can be verified. I dont find her biased just because she is his sister but I do think she would really know what happened.

IMO

Since there has been discussion about the CPS visit in December being called a minor incident, I spent the last hour looking and found the references.:seeya:

A post by NurseBeeMe:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #17

And the video that she references: http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/47473660#47473660

OHHHH yes it is, if we can't have some factual info then all of this is of no use. That's why I asked the question about the sister saying that CPS hadn't been there in Dec, I wanted to make absoloutly certain I didn't get that wrong, or read it wrong.
A small article was printed to try and help community understand why CPS is involved.
http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/151466045.html

"Sergio has never [pause] directly communicated with CPS before last Thursday.

Here's what I feel about that sentence. Sergio has never..............DIRECTLYcommunicated with CPS before last Thursday.

Why would she feel the need to say "directly", cause she thought about that one before she said it.

Maybe I should shut up now...........

Ok, so this is what she stated: Lukasiewicz said she wanted to clarify two points. The first was that Sergio had never directly communicated with Child Protective Services prior to last Thursday.

Lukasiewicz also clarified Sergio went to court three weeks ago to get an extension on a citation for expired dog tags- not animal abuse.

Actually she stated he was being accused of animal abuse when he went to the court house three weeks ago to get an extension on dog tags - per video

Basically, since it has been mentioned in the media CPS was at the house in December, and the sister stating prior to last Thursday, the assumption would be December.

My attempt @ transcribing Sergio's sister's statement, as recorded by Tucson News Now, KOLD/KMSB:

"Sergio has never [pause] directly communicated with CPS before last Thursday. Facts have become so distorted that he was accused of animal abuse when he went to the courthouse three weeks ago to get an extension on expired dog tags."

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/18560280/celis-family-clarifies-cps-involvement

Very weird way of denying something!

Does that mean Sergio had in-direct contact prior to Thursday last?

I don't know what to think any more.............

OHHHH yes it is, if we can't have some factual info then all of this is of no use. That's why I asked the question about the sister saying that CPS hadn't been there in Dec, I wanted to make absoloutly certain I didn't get that wrong, or read it wrong.

I think her words were scewed. My understand was that CPS had not spoken to SC until last week (when the order was signed) - not that he had never ever spoken to them or that he had .... she was speaking in relation to this case.

Police have said CPS were made aware early on, I think she was clarifying that while they may have know what was going on they have not spoken to her brother until the other day :)

I certainly could have happened. But there is no proof other than Sergio's sister's statement that prior to May, CPS was never in contact with SC.

Just as there is no proof CPS did talk directly to Sergio.

We need to be careful what we are presenting as fact. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right. Maybe it happened, maybe it didn't. That's my point, we don't know if it did or didn't.

What the sister actually said was "Sergio has never directly communicated with cps before last thursday". She did not say CPS had not been to the house. Just thought I'd clarify that.

Big difference. Thanks. :)

Was it ever specifically stated that ONLY SC, RC, Isa and 2 boys were the only ones in the house that night? I remember hearing 'family' but not specific family members.

yes it was

Since there has been discussion about the CPS visit in December being called a minor incident, I spent the last hour looking and found the references.:seeya:

A post by NurseBeeMe:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #17

And the video that she references: http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/47473660#47473660

The key to 'nurse's post is: of course grain of salt as all of the above came from that dude named "source".

So it's not possible that CPS visited the home for some reason, but did not speak directly with Sergio? I know nothing about CPS so am asking because I don't understand why that could not have happened. TIA

Yes it is possible but not if the visit had anything to do with his wife and children. If another family was staying with them then CPS could have visited that family at their address or the Celis' did not live there at that time. IMOO

What the sister actually said was "Sergio has never directly communicated with cps before last thursday". She did not say CPS had not been to the house. Just thought I'd clarify that.

I went back and edited the words CPS at the house. I mentioned house in my post because of all the posts about CPS being at the house in December sticking in my old brain.

The key to 'nurse's post is: of course grain of salt as all of the above came from that dude named "source".

Of course! I was only bringing it forward because I was asked for a link. I've never stated anything as a fact. LOL

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Yes it is possible but not if the visit had anything to do with his wife and children. If another family was staying with them then CPS could have visited that family at their address or the Celis' did not live there at that time. IMOO

Thank you so much for answering my question.

More fun with words and their usage. "Sergio has never directly communicated with CPS before last Thursday"... if true, that tells us only ONE thing. Sergio never reported anyone to CPS. And that's the sum total.

Of course, his sister may be mistaken, skewing the facts or simply unclear on the facts.

:le sigh:

A post by NurseBeeMe:

"investigators now confirm child protective services first visited the celis home back in december, though a law enforcement source tells nbc news the incident was minor, and did not involve isabel."

RBBM: there's that unnamed source again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha