AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said that they had reached a point in the lead sheets with new information to spark this re-interview.

Trying to match the RSO's to specific pieces of evidence?

Why in the world would they wait for lead sheets? RSO's should be the first to be looked at and ruled out!!! This is horrible. I assumed that was already done. I'm speechless.

They have been interviewing RSO's since the beginning. This is not accurate information to say that they haven't done this. If you go back to the earliest press conferences and transcripts, you will see that this is not a new development. They are re-interviewing them, and I think they have re-interviewed some more than once based on the pressers.

540 sex offenders. Going back to level 2's and 3's. Ages of victims 16 and under and now looking at 10 years and under. Going back 3rd. or 4th. time :thud:

Mamamia, did you note the suspicious activity 4/20 in that area of the crimewatch map you provided?

I cannot thank you enough for your transcribing and posts, Ingra.

They have been interviewing RSO's since the beginning. This is not accurate information to say that they haven't done this. If you go back to the earliest press conferences and transcripts, you will see that this is not a new development. They are re-interviewing them, and I think they have re-interviewed some more than once based on the pressers.

I'm listening now. They're focusing on level 2 and 3 and focusing on those whose victims were 10 years and younger. This should have been done a month ago. Totally ruled them out.

I guess I'm very upset because I thought this was done and considering the way the family has been the focus throughout this case leaves me with a bitter taste.

Who goes away for a month?

They will leave the flyer/question in their mailbox.

The TPD is being very thorough in checking the typical suspects in missing kids cases (like RSOs) and talking about how they are conducting multiple interviews because this will stop the perception that they focused on the family to the exclusion of others in the community.

Think end-game here. Not only do they want to find Isa, but they want to be able to hand over a thoroughly investigated case with all the evidence they can find to the DA's office for prosecution. They have to think ahead to that day and what can make or break a case. They have to be thorough and spend time on interviews and all of that.

Why would they want to seal search warrants? Because they want to keep information away from anyone who doesn't need to know. Why? That preserves their case AND doesn't point to anyone specifically where the hungry media and even hungrier case followers can run rampant.

This isn't about the public's rights...this is a legal issue and this is how they do the job to preserve what needs to be preserved.

IMO let's say they are targeting Sergio or a close family member. If they don't know what evidene LE has they keep playing the innocent card and don't get an attorney. Once they gets an attorney, there will be no more open lines of communication. I'm sure LE wants to prolong this as much as possible.:moo:

I'm listening now. They're focusing on level 2 and 3 and focusing on those whose victims were 10 years and younger. This should have been done a month ago. Totally ruled them out.

I guess I'm very upset because I thought this was done and considering the way the family has been the focus throughout this case leaves me with a bitter taste.

Not a whole lot of breaking information
One of the things I'm gonna speak with you about is our continuing efforts and canvassing
of certain locations.
One of the things that may be seen in the next day or two
This area we are going back to based on information that came out of the lead sheets. We
are looking at possibly 120 people, 30-40 homes that we want to go back and talk to folks
that were not home when we did the initial canvass.
Pretty close area surrounding the homs
south Wilshire and around Broadway. In that general area we want to make sure we are comfortable
we have spoken to everyone that we need to speak to.
The numbers of people we have spoken to we have an excess of 540 RSO. I can tell you that we've spoken
to all of them what we're doing now is going back to those level 2s and 3s that have a proclivity
for crimes against children. We were initially looking at ages of the victims as being 16 and
younger but now we're looking at 10 years and younger. That's how we're narrowing down how we're
focusing on these RSO and going back to interview them.
For many of these individuals that we are going back to talk to it's their second or third or fourth
time that we've talked to them. We want to make sure that we're thorough and any details or
concerns that detectives may have, that we go back to speak to them.

IMO they haven't been able to rule them in or out, or they would have. They still don't know what happened to Isa, so they are re-interviewing them. Also later, in the press conference a reporter asks about the people they missed in houses and some of these were houses with several people and they weren't able to talk to every person. They want to talk to every person at each house.

I used to play at Wilshire Heights Park, it had swings (at least it did many years ago) and grass...little triangle shaped park with a wash running along its western boundary...the wash. If you continue along the wash south, there is another park, Mesa Park (call it Mesa Village on maps I believe). Very easy to walk along the banks, has a bit of a walkway on at least the east side of the wash.

Wilshire is a pricier neighborhood than the Celis one. Can't see many of the houses staying vacant for long.

He said 'what we're doing now' regarding RSOs w/victims under age 10-that doesn't mean they're just starting that today. If they only concentrated on those and the perp was someone who previously had victims age 10-16 they'd be getting grief about that too.
I think the procedure is to identify and question all RSO's. A lot have victims of varying ages.

30 officers and a month later, I would've thought they would've at the very least eliminated the RSO's off their list. Silly me.

They have at least interviewed all the RSOs. They are just going back now to Level 2s and Level 3s. There are over 500 so it is not an easy or short task. They are just being thorough.

As usual, I'm trying to catch up. This along with what I read on a previous post that they're now looking into the alibis of the RSO's is quite disturbing, imo

Like you said, a month later???? WTH? :what:
I hear you, loud and clear. Just yesterday I was watching Investigative Discovery cover a Cleveland, Ohio case about a 15 year old girl who left the house after a fight with her father, and went to a friend's house. Two days later the father reported her missing. Without going into the long, drawn-out details of this case, there was a tipster who reported a suspicious looking vehicle very close to where her body was found during the time frame when she was missing but not yet found dead. Instead of taking the report seriously, and trying to track down the red station wagon ( the tipster gave a very detailed report of the car, make, model, year, etc) the tipster was treated like a suspect by LE. When he passed a lie detector test, and was cleared, the manila envelope with the tipster's information was placed in the file with no identifying label. LE never pursued finding the car and its owner.

Fast forward 9 years later. A task force was going over cold cases and this case was one of them. The head of the task force started from the beginning, and was going over everything in the case file. She found the manila envelope, opened it, and decided to follow up on finding the owner of the car. No easy task since 9 years had gone by. But, she did track down the info. It turned out that an RSO had owned the car, and had been released from prison on parole just before the girl was found murdered. Although the car had long been sent to the junk yard, the man was found in prison. After a series of interviews, charges were brought. Before the trial date he confessed. Nine years later - and all because a tip brought in was not explored. I found myself wondering how many of these cases we follow here has some item of information that was not explored by LE; and how many of those cases would those unexplored items of info result in solving with a little research??? This poor girl's father was an alcoholic, and the focus was on him, and the older brother's friends for years. I only wish every LE officer would see that ID episode, and learn from it. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove