AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's like kicking a dead horse.. But.. I can't help thinking the wrong day video is really the right video..One of the boys is the person in the alley who followed,whoever took Isa..moo

I know it's like kicking a dead horse.. But.. I can't help thinking the wrong day video is really the right video..One of the boys is the person in the alley who followed,whoever took Isa..moo

I agree. It's just odd to me that the surveillance wasn't working THE DAY SHE WENT MISSING!?!??!?

You've done better than me. Didn't hear they knew stuff that can't be released but that's not uncommon, oh so interesting though. Go AZcrabcakes.

I wonder what that info is? I have a few guesses.

Seems so many things get "leaked", it's hard to think the press knows "something" and it is not leaked. But I imagine the thought that it could compromise the case kept the info a secret still.

Stranger abductions are much harder to solve than family-related cases, where it becomes obvious that family is hiding something and were involved in the child's disappearance. Not many people are that adept at fooling LE... although many think they can. When it goes outside the immediate family circle, say a relative not living in the home, then the chances of solving it decrease a little, but LE still usually figures it out sooner or later.
Logic tells me that if one of the immediate family was involved, then one of them would be behind bars by now. It's possible they just don't have enough evidence to charge anyone, but IF there was evidence that Isa was killed in that house... LE would have results from forensic tests by now, and someone would be in jail. I just cannot wrap my mind around it going this long without a break, if it was one of the parents. It makes no sense to me.
This is JMO.

You've done better than me. Didn't hear they knew stuff that can't be released but that's not uncommon, oh so interesting though. Go AZcrabcakes.

I wonder what that info is? I have a few guesses.

We often think if the media knows it they will spill it but that is not the case sometimes.

I remember in the Washington DC sniper case all the media knew exactly what kind of vehicle the suspect was driving but LE requested they not release that information. I guess they didnt want the media to tip them off that they had found out who the suspect was.

They may know why LE is calling this case an abduction and if they have any particular suspects in mind.

I dont think it is to do with Isa's family though. If this case involved the family LE would have made a move after all these months. Cases where the victim and the perp is known or kin to each other are much easier to solve than those where there is no linkage to the victim or the perp.

LE may know who they are looking for but just cant locate them. They have gone to three different states that we know of during their investigation. It sounds like they may be tracking someone but have had no luck in finding them.

IMO

I'm just flabbergasted.

It is like this beautiful, sparkly little girl never existed.

Thank G*d there are some people who remember her, since her own family has moved on. :(

I have 4 kids and let me just say I could never go on. I would be the biggest mess in the world. I would have hired a private investigator. And I know my husband would be like the dad in the movie TAKEN. He would try to hunt and stalk everyone tell he would find her. I feel really bad for this family but I dont understand how people can just be so dysfunctional. I also understand that people express things different, but I would never feel safe again. And I could not live in Limbo at a time like this either, with dad not seeing the kids. The whole thing is strange IMO.

But you hear more and more a bout abductions not getting SOLVED!! Why? What happen to the awesome surveillance at the guys Surveillance store? I would be thinking of every person I saw weird the prior week, anybody I new in High School, in any organization that I had been in. That family is hush hush.

It is nice that people want to have booths and a main station for everyone to meet at,and make bracelets and shirts etc... but I really think that is not bringing Isa home. The parents need to come up with plan b. Unless they are guilty!

I agree!

Stranger abductions are much harder to solve than family-related cases, where it becomes obvious that family is hiding something and were involved in the child's disappearance. Not many people are that adept at fooling LE... although many think they can. When it goes outside the immediate family circle, say a relative not living in the home, then the chances of solving it decrease a little, but LE still usually figures it out sooner or later.
Logic tells me that if one of the immediate family was involved, then one of them would be behind bars by now. It's possible they just don't have enough evidence to charge anyone, but IF there was evidence that Isa was killed in that house... LE would have results from forensic tests by now, and someone would be in jail. I just cannot wrap my mind around it going this long without a break, if it was one of the parents. It makes no sense to me.
This is JMO.

I kind of disagree!
I think cases where a family member or a loved one is involved are most times not solved. Harder to find evidence when the person lives in the same house,
no strange dna or fingerprints! And i think family or ppl close to a victim take more pains to hide a body!

My opinion is all these unsolved cases of abduction are more than likely done by a family member or BF or husband! Cant be proved! LE usually knows who it is but need evidence! Take years and years to catch some of these perps and sometimes never!

All JMO

I kind of disagree!
I think cases where a family member or a loved one is involved are most times not solved. Harder to find evidence when the person lives in the same house,
no strange dna or fingerprints! And i think family or ppl close to a victim take more pains to hide a body!

My opinion is all these unsolved cases of abduction are more than likely done by a family member or BF or husband! Cant be proved! LE usually knows who it is but need evidence! Take years and years to catch some of these perps and sometimes never!

All JMO

It's fine to disagree but I believe I said "usually" which means in most cases, but not all.
Ask someone in LE who actually works in missing child cases. Most of them will tell you that when it's a family member who is responsible, LE is more likely to figure it out quicker than if it's a stranger. There are going to be signs of guilt or remorse for what they've done, whereas a stranger predator is not going to show much remorse at all. Other things come into play as well, but each case is different.
It is my very strong opinion that if either of these parents were responsible for their daughter's disappearance, LE would have arrested one or both of them by now. It's not that hard to get an arrest warrant if they have enough probable cause to hold them. They can always gather more evidence while they're sitting in jail. My guess is they just have not found anything yet that points to either one of them.

It's fine to disagree but I believe I said "usually" which means in most cases, but not all.
Ask someone in LE who actually works in missing child cases. Most of them will tell you that when it's a family member who is responsible, LE is more likely to figure it out quicker than if it's a stranger. There are going to be signs of guilt or remorse for what they've done, whereas a stranger predator is not going to show much remorse at all. Other things come into play as well, but each case is different.
It is my very strong opinion that if either of these parents were responsible for their daughter's disappearance, LE would have arrested one or both of them by now. It's not that hard to get an arrest warrant if they have enough probable cause to hold them. They can always gather more evidence while they're sitting in jail. My guess is they just have not found anything yet that points to either one of them.

BBM says everything!
Everything lies with evidence!

There were 4 ppl in that home and dogs when that little one went missing!

I just hope one day they find her and find the person responsible!

When a child first disapears or is abducted JVM and Nancy Grace will feature 1/2 to the whole show about this child for weeks on end. Then when the trail grows cold the story is abandoned in favor of latest news. It would be great to spend the show covering a number of cases for 5 to 10 minutes, instead of repeating the same information over and over for the duration of the show. In this way more cases would remain in the public eye.

Unfortunately there is a vast difference between "figuring it out" and getting the DA to agree with the evidence (and quality thereof) presented in order to charge. Especially if Mom or Dad/family are not considered the actual perp(s), but rather accessories or complicit.

I personally think this is where we sit with this case.

BWDIK?

I agree. It's just odd to me that the surveillance wasn't working THE DAY SHE WENT MISSING!?!??!?

Just a weird thought if it wasn't working the day she went missing. Did anyone ask, why not? Was it checked into to make sure no tampering with the video? If we've discussed that, I've forgotten. I just always wondered if she could have been taken by someone working close by, maybe even someone who knew that area was videotaped, could watch the tapes. Who had access to that equipment?

Maybe a long shot, but there's not much else to talk about.

Unfortunately there is a vast difference between "figuring it out" and getting the DA to agree with the evidence (and quality thereof) presented in order to charge. Especially if Mom or Dad/family are not considered the actual perp(s), but rather accessories or complicit.

I personally think this is where we sit with this case.

BWDIK?

I know that. I was talking about an investigation, not the actual prosecution of the case. Even predators sometimes get away with their crimes for a long time, because most of them are good at not leaving any evidence. They grab the child and go. But figuring it out is important because they can't present anything to a prosecutor until they know who and what they're dealing with.
I'm just saying that family members almost always have telltale signs... either there is a history of abuse, or they give themselves away somehow, sooner or later, by their actions or their demeanor.

I'm just saying that family members almost always have telltale signs... either there is a history of abuse, or they give themselves away somehow, sooner or later, by their actions or their demeanor.

IMHO, multiple members of this family gave themselves away, so to speak, months ago, by their actions and demeanor.

I firmly believe that FBI behavior analysts zeroed in on the parents immediately after hearing the 911 tape. When I heard TPD urging the parents to go on TV so that they could "watch" them, I thought, "that sounds like something you'd say to a suspect."

When I look at everything in totality, it appears that the TPD has all but taken out a billboard naming the parents as suspects. Maybe, finally, places like TMC etc are wising up.

Just a weird thought if it wasn't working the day she went missing. Did anyone ask, why not? Was it checked into to make sure no tampering with the video? If we've discussed that, I've forgotten. I just always wondered if she could have been taken by someone working close by, maybe even someone who knew that area was videotaped, could watch the tapes. Who had access to that equipment?

Maybe a long shot, but there's not much else to talk about.

Maybe that camera was also disabled like the Celis' system was aimed at the sky.

I wonder how many times these cameras in the neighborhood malfunctioned over the past few months/ years. ( once a week? month? never? but only on 4/20/2012?)
I wonder about that, and, statistically just how many dumpster fires have there been before and after Lisa irwin's "abduction" in Kansas City.
:waitasec:

My personal opinion is that, unless a child dies by accident, any family member who is capable of killing a child probably doesn't feel remorse. If they did, they wouldn't commit murder of a child.

It really frustrates me when people assume that just because a person has never been publicly exposed as an abuser, they would not ever commit a terrible crime against a family member. Some abusers, probably more than you think, are very skilled at appearing to be awesome husbands, wives or parents. They save their cruelty (which is not always physical), for those closest to them. They thrive on their good public reputation. These are charismatic people who might look good, have successful careers, are active in church or charity work, or assume leadership roles in the community. People like that have no remorse, because they feel entitled to do what they did. A family that looks good does not always feel good.

I'm not saying that's the case with Isabell. I don't know if someone covered up an accident or simply took her away and threw her in the landfill when they were done. Someone evil wormed their way in to the Celis family's life and I hope that person doesn't get away with it.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member