AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The white one is an office supply store, "Office Max". The other building is empty, it used to house a "Circuit City."

Is the Office Max open, or is it closed as well as the Circuit City? I know most of our OMs have gone out of business around here.

There seems to be a bar in the Office Max shopping center, but I am not sure if it is open. The figure could be coming out of the Office Max at the point where its building is the closest to the wall the five walked by. He could be taking the recycling out for all I know.

The important thing for me is that the police were aware of him before they released video to the public, they said something to the effect that all others in video(s) had been in contact, and they were just interested in speaking to the five. They now have spoken to one of the five, and expect to speak to others in the near future.

Office Max close at 9 PM Friday

Office Max 5550 E Broadway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85711
Neighborhood: Sewell
(520) 584-0644
(877) 633-4236
View Website »
Hours:
Sun: 10:00am-6:00pm
Mon: 8:00am-9:00pm
Tue: 8:00am-9:00pm
Wed: 8:00am-9:00pm
Thu: 8:00am-9:00pm
Fri: 8:00am-9:00pm
Sat: 9:00am-7:00pm

I agree. One thing that bothers me though, is the fact that the dogs did not bark. Even if it was someone the dogs knew, they would bark until they realized who was coming into the house. I think the person may have been in the house already if it's true what I'm hearing about these dogs-that they would have barked if someone was trying to get in.
Unless, she was sleeping in her room with the door closed. Perhaps the dogs would not have heard anything, dependIng on where they were sleeping.

Not knowing where Isabel's room is in relation to her parents', the dogs could be in with the parents and as you said, perhaps Isabel's door was closed so the dogs were none the wiser. It could also be that the perp entered the house when everyone was out then waited for them to go to bed before taking Isabel.

:waitasec:

MOO

It's one thing to watch the front of someone's house, but to know which bedroom Isabel slept in I still believe the perp had been inside the house at some point, especially in a single story home with a fence around it.

MOO
But ...maybe not. SPECULATION WARNING! If the perp is up high on a roof at Circuit City,binoculars/high powered camera (Circuit City sells them, right?) A manager (keys to roof door) with too much time on their hands? Maybe her windows were open at different times, curtains open, brothers teasing her through the window while brothers are outside playing. JUST SPECULATION. I really do wish I knew how much of the Celis' home and yard can be seen from the roof of Circuit City. Can you tell? LOL. Okay, I'll leave it be now, promise. :)

Personally, I hope that blurry figure on the video is not LE's biggest lead...JMO

If blinds were not always closed, or curtains were sheer, someone could have watched the house at different times, maybe even got close enough to see through the windows. Hate to say this, but if a perp has his eye on a certain child, he will spend days observing and paying attention to when lights go ond off, and people moving through the house, other things that tell him which child is where. He might wait until no one is home and walk around peering into windows. People are not always diligent about closing drapes or blinds. It's really not as complicated as you think to figure these things out. All it takes is a lot of patience and making sure you aren't too obvious.
This comes from my son in LE.

Office Max close at 9 PM Friday

Yes, I frequent Office Max in my area. They close at 9, too. However, managers, cleaners, sometimes have to work after hours. It is not unheard of and that would have made it easy for the TPD to have already interviewed this person, easier than say TPD tracking down just any transient that happened to be in the parking lot. I always lean toward easiest explanations.

The police mentioned Risky business Restaurant and bar (that is open until 11pm) The other was BJ's (which is open until 2am on a Friday night)

If blinds were not always closed, or curtains were sheer, someone could have watched the house at different times, maybe even got close enough to see through the windows. Hate to say this, but if a perp has his eye on a certain child, he will spend days observing and paying attention to when lights go ond off, and people moving through the house, other things that tell him which child is where. He might wait until no one is home and walk around peering into windows. People are not always diligent about closing drapes or blinds. It's really not as complicated as you think to figure these things out. All it takes is a lot of patience and making sure you aren't too obvious.
This comes from my son in LE.

Agree, and many people aren't diligent about closing blinds and/or curtains. It is also possible the perp had been staking out the house that evening and noticing the family leave, took advantage of an easy entry to the property while they were gone.

MOO

Someone asked on page 24 when circuit city closed I believe it was closed down in 2008. At the very least it had been closed for awhile by the time I moved from Tucson in 2009.

You are right about the rute of the 5 people in a group, SORRY, here is corrected image.
But I still belive it is 200 feet from the location of the mysterious man to isabel´s room/window, at least that is what the google map says.
In the lower image, the red cross is of Isabels house not her window/room:

IsabelCelismapofunidentifyedpersons130AM-1.jpg

Isabelceliscloseupimage-2.jpg

Just wanted to thank you, Theforeigner, for your excellent, excellent visual ~ especially the second one that boxes the two reference points (the pole and the stucco place marker) in blue to compare to the insert of the walking group.

I believe the trailer/mobile storage unit that appears in the 2008 google shot has been moved and the figure we are all (finally) able to see is actually near what appears to be a loading dock for the Office Max ~ or near the corner just to the left (west?) of where it juts out. What do you all think?

Great job!

:tyou:​

Yes, I frequent Office Max in my area. They close at 9, too. However, managers, cleaners, sometimes have to work after hours. It is not unheard of and that would have made it easy for the TPD to have already interviewed this person, easier than say TPD tracking down just any transient that happened to be in the parking lot. I always lean toward easiest explanations.

That's more of what I was thinking as well. Considering that LE said they were aware of this figure before releasing the video and saying they had already spoken with others in the video (except for the group of 5) and those people were okay with releasing it, I'm leaning towards this person being part of a cleaning crew or employee for Office Max. The first thing LE probably did was contact OM to determine who this figure might be. MOO

Just wanted to thank you, Theforeigner, for your excellent, excellent visual ~ especially the second one that boxes the two reference points (the pole and the stucco place marker) in blue to compare to the insert of the walking group.

I believe the trailer/mobile storage unit that appears in the 2008 google shot has been moved and the figure we are all (finally) able to see is actually near what appears to be a loading dock for the Office Max ~ or near the corner just to the left (west?) of where it juts out. What do you all think?

Great job!

:tyou:​

I think you are exactly right. The figure is more west than picture right by where the closest part of Office Max is to the brick wall.
The angle of the camera makes it look like the figure might be closer to the east, but if you look at video in comparison to a Google aerial view you can see the tree , and you can count about 7 or 8 parking spaces on the south side of where they are walking. You can also see that it takes the walkers many steps to go from where they enter into the video shot and when they pass that last power pole and the box to their left.

Well, Circuit City closing in 2008 is probably way too far back in time for my lil' scenario. Except...one of the mapping pictures shows a white van, a man by the back door and no other cars to be found in the CC lot. So I am thinking somebody still has keys. Lemme' find that pic and grab a date.

TY TY Azwildcat!

ETA: It may take some time to find that pic. It was posted waaay back, maybe even the previous thread. IDK Will work on it later. Dishes await, ugh, lol.

That's more of what I was thinking as well. Considering that LE said they were aware of this figure before releasing the video and saying they had already spoken with others in the video (except for the group of 5) and those people were okay with releasing it, I'm leaning towards this person being part of a cleaning crew or employee for Office Max. The first thing LE probably did was contact OM to determine who this figure might be. MOO

My thoughts were in that direction also, that the person was supposed to be there and therefore not of any interest to LE beyond identifying him.

MOO

Yes, and I was hoping OM had cameras of their own, especially helpful would be cameras on the opposite side of the church. They might capture activity behind the building on the side of the Celis home.

Found that thise two restaurants are located in that bizz area, but both close before 1:30 AM.
One at 1 AM the other at 10PM:

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
5510 East Broadway Boulevard, Tucson, AZ
(520) 512-0330 ()

Hours: Mon-Thu, Sun 11–12am
Fri-Sat 11–1am

Five Guys Burgers & Fries5566 E Broadway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85711

(520) 323-1750

Hours of Operation 11am - 10pm Everyday

Here, in orange, are images of location of the two restaurants:

Wonder what is in the two other buildings? especially the white one just behind where the mysterious person was located.

Any locals know?

Don't forget that people who work at these restaurants are not going to be leaving right at closing time - they usually have to clean up, etc.

To me, this is not a stranger abduction. Dogs, walls, the house layout etc. suggests to me that someone who knew the family was involved. Time will tell. God bless the innocents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LDowden72