GUILTY AZ - Michael, 44, & Tina Careccia, 42, Maricopa, 22 June 2015 - #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;USpoVw0QDpI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USpoVw0QDpI[/video]

still live and updates at the top of the hour...

Geesh! I'm gone for a few hours and this thread goes from page 14 to 39! I'm marking my spot. I'll go and try to catch up. Anyone want to share the cliff note version of what's happened??? Pretty please!!! :tyou:
The family held a press conference and key new items of note were that Tina was working for a neighbor named Tom who asked her to deliver an "item" for him and that item was found in her purse in her bedroom (item later ID as a flash drive by local news). The errand was supposed to take Tina and Mike to Mesa. She also missed a doctor appt. on Monday, so it appears she took off from her primary job (Tom's jobs were extra work she would pick up as he needed), the brother-in-law also mentioned a man we are calling "JV" and said that he was a friend of his dad's and that JV was interested in Mike's flying.

Shortly after the press conference, a search warrant is issued for an address about a mile from the family compound. The address is sleuthed to "JV," but it may not be his primary address. The house looks somewhat abandoned, even though Animal Control removed a large Rottweiler. The Crime Scene Unit was dispatched and began digging under some tarps very close to the house. They reposition a tent several times presumably to keep the new choppers from filming. They stop digging in the deep hole and start taking photos. The choppers fly away (not sure if it is a refuel or if the they were ordered away). All digging stops and the LE is talking on the other side of the house. Speculation is they are waiting for coroner's van before proceeding.

Meanwhile, 3 farm workers were arrested and a man bystanders say is "JV" were all taken into custody. No one has been named a suspect yet, so we cannot use JV's name. No motive, but it appears someone told them where to dig because they were measuring from the house and began digging. I don't know how the family can stand watching this unfold. It's been nerve-wrecking.

I'm struggling with when and why Mike and Tina left. They were all at family get together and were safe..had to make early delivery and then they are gone with car down the street. Why did they leave?

Sounds like they may not have left the house of their own free will...

The family held a press conference and key new items of note were that Tina was working for a neighbor named Tom who asked her to deliver an "item" for him and that item was found in her purse in her bedroom (item later ID as a flash drive by local news). The errand was supposed to take Tina and Mike to Mesa. She also missed a doctor appt. on Monday, so it appears she took off from her primary job (Tom's jobs were extra work she would pick up as he needed), the brother-in-law also mentioned a man we are calling "JV" and said that he was a friend of his dad's and that JV was interested in Mike's flying.

Shortly after the press conference, a search warrant is issued for an address about a mile from the family compound. The address is sleuthed to "JV," but it may not be his primary address. The house looks somewhat abandoned, even though Animal Control removed a large Rottweiler. The Crime Scene Unit was dispatched and began digging under some tarps very close to the house. They reposition a tent several times presumably to keep the new choppers from filming. They stop digging in the deep hole and start taking photos. The choppers fly away (not sure if it is a refuel or if the they were ordered away). All digging stops and the LE is talking on the other side of the house. Speculation is they are waiting for coroner's van before proceeding.

Meanwhile, 3 farm workers were arrested and a man bystanders say is "JV" were all taken into custody. No one has been named a suspect yet, so we cannot use JV's name. No motive, but it appears someone told them where to dig because they were measuring from the house and began digging. I don't know how the family can stand watching this unfold. It's been nerve-wrecking.

Great Re-Cap! Thanks!!

Maybe they're digging for a stash of money, drugs, etc. from a robbery or heist of some sort? JMO

That's the best recap ever!

I'm struggling with when and why Mike and Tina left. They were all at family get together and were safe..had to make early delivery and then they are gone with car down the street. Why did they leave?

Apparently the POI was also at the Father's Day gathering. A couple of scenarios come to mind. 1. Party winding down, others inside, M&T outside, POI says he's too drunk to drive home (lie) and asks for a ride. They agree, no reason to fear him, he's a friend of BIL's dad. Things go sideways once they're in the car.
2. After party M&T go outside to get some air or talk, and POI appears with a weapon and forces them into car threatening kids/family if they don't agree..

There are some nice people living out there and some very bad people as well.

I don't think this is going to end well, it's very sad.

First post here... I've been trying to get on this forum for two days. It seems like everyone on here has a lot of knowledge and are respectful of peoples thought and ideas. Although I felt people wanted so much to believe in the Bonnie & Clyde scenario because they so wanted to know this couple were just being selfish and didn't come to harm. I knew this was never an option. I know this couple. I can't claim we are friends but we are friendly. We bowl with them every week for almost two years. Have shared some beers, small talk and some bowling trash talking.From what I know, all those scenarios never made sense. They would never just leave the family behind. Even if they got caught up in something sketchy or drug related, flying drugs cross borders, etc. They would never put their kids through that. I feel horrible because as today unfolds it does not look good and can't imagine their family's pain but hopefully they will take solace in having some answers to this mystery. This property they are searching is less than a block away from Raceway Bar and Grill which was where the amazing volunteer search team was working out of all week. Everyone passed that property every day. They would have never find it since it's on private property.

PCSO raids house adjacent to home of missing couple
Careccias had trailer burned down last fall in unsolved arson case

The search for a local couple missing since last Monday has turned into a criminal investigation – and a very complex and bizarre one at that.

The Pinal County Sheriff’s Office served a search warrant Wednesday afternoon at a home located at 50665 West Papago Road, less than a quarter-mile from where the abandoned car of Michael and Tina Careccia was found on Monday, June 22. The house borders the house on Mayer Boulevard where the Careccias lived with other family members.

The White Pages list Alexander and Maria Francisco as residents at that address.

http://www.copamonitor.com/article_95f0919e-2065-11e5-98e0-a3600e802188.html?mode=jqm

First post here... I've been trying to get on this forum for two days. It seems like everyone on here has a lot of knowledge and are respectful of peoples thought and ideas. Although I felt people wanted so much to believe in the Bonnie & Clyde scenario because they so wanted to know this couple were just being selfish and didn't come to harm. I knew this was never an option. I know this couple. I can't claim we are friends but we are friendly. We bowl with them every week for almost two years. Have shared some beers, small talk and some bowling trash talking.From what I know, all those scenarios never made sense. They would never just leave the family behind. Even if they got caught up in something sketchy or drug related, flying drugs cross borders, etc. They would never put their kids through that. I feel horrible because as today unfolds it does not look good and can't imagine their family's pain but hopefully they will take solace in having some answers to this mystery. This property they are searching is less than a block away from Raceway Bar and Grill which was where the amazing volunteer search team was working out of all week. Everyone passed that property every day. They would have never find it since it's on private property.

Welcome! Thank you for posting and sharing your insight on this couple. I hope you will stick around and continue to share your thoughts. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member