GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...Charity says, the funeral home said that if the $500 for the cremation and service cannot be raised, it will be waived by the funeral home. (They are already at $485, I don't think that's an issue.)

I don't know what she is talking about when she says the headstone, urn, medical examiners...

http://www.facebook.com/sylernewton

However, the headstone is NOT being donated or waived.

So, I am correct in that they are still raising another $2,000 - $3,000 for a headstone.

As multiple people have said, you can get a baby headstone for $100 - $150. I can't help but think what good $2,000 could do if donated to Tim Miller or Search and Rescue instead of going to a headstone.

Sylar is not going to care if his headstone was $300 or $3,000. He would prefer that money go to helping other children.

Sylar only cared about being loved and cared for while he was here. Getting a $3,000 headstone with donated money is not going to make up for failing him while he was alive.

*steps away*

Okay...Charity says, the funeral home said that if the $500 for the cremation and service cannot be raised, it will be waived by the funeral home. (They are already at $485, I don't think that's an issue.)

I don't know what she is talking about when she says the headstone, urn, medical examiners...

So, I am correct in that they are still raising another $2,000 - $3,000 for a headstone.

As multiple people have said, you can get a baby headstone for $100 - $150. I can't help but think what good $2,000 could do if donated to Tim Miller or Search and Rescue instead of going to a headstone.

Sylar is not going to care if his headstone was $300 or $3,000. He would prefer that money go to helping other children.

Sylar only cared about being loved and cared for while he was here. Getting a $3,000 headstone with donated money is not going to make up for failing him while he was alive.

*steps away*

I agree! Given that there is a legitimate fund available to help defray costs, she (CN) should go that route and stop the fundraising (looks bad).

I wonder if she even went and filled out the forms for the victim compensation fund, I forwarded to her?

I am wanting to donate and had planned to but if the funeral home is waiving the cost if they can't raise the money then why they just go on and donate..they said total cost of cremation, service and urn was about 500.00 and 500.00 is not much for them to donate.

I am wanting to donate and had planned to but if the funeral home is waiving the cost if they can't raise the money then why they just go on and donate..they said total cost of cremation, service and urn was about 500.00 and 500.00 is not much for them to donate.

They already have $485.000 raised of the 500.00 according to the FB page.

There is also assistance available through the monument company, to help with the cost of the headstone.

Apparently no one planning the service emailed or called them to ask about that. :waitasec:

There is also assistance available through the monument company, to help with the cost of the headstone.

Apparently no one planning the service emailed or called them to ask about that. :waitasec:

I personally emailed the owner of the monument company and sent Charity the information as well. The owner hasn't responded back to me and I'm not sure if Charity has contacted him. I just posted the contact info on the Sylar's facebook as well. He did say there was some assistance available and promised to look into it. I'm just surprised he didn't respond back yet.

I hadn't looked at the monument site until yesterday. When I did I recognized my cousins headstones.

So I emailed their mother. She has lost 3 babies within the first 6 months to a genetic disorder. She went through this monument company for all 3. With the first one she was a teen mom and the monument company essentially donated the headstone, but it was not a $3,000 one.

"All 3 headstones put together didn't cost $3,000, my car cost $3,000!" - My cousin

Another cousin went through them as well when her child was murdered by her husband, who was also her only source of income...and she had the same experience.

Not contacting the victim assistance fund which she would certainly qualify for.

Not asking the funeral home about waiving the small cost.

Not asking the monument company about assistance with paying for a headstone.

Not looking into a less expensive headstone or other monument company that might be more willing to help if this one is not.

The fact that other people have to point all these things out...yet they aren't even acted on when they do... I don't blame people for not donating. My family in Arizona feels very manipulated and lied to. :twocents:

I personally emailed the owner of the monument company and sent Charity the information as well. The owner hasn't responded back to me and I'm not sure if Charity has contacted him. I just posted the contact info on the Sylar's facebook as well. He did say there was some assistance available and promised to look into it. I'm just surprised he didn't respond back yet.

Well, it is official: I saw on Facebook that bracelets have been ordered to sell to people...

I emailed them this link last week. http://www.dempseyburdick.com/
They help provide headstones to families in need and go figure, it's in Flagstaff. Not sure that they've even tried that. They never acknowledged my email. I've been watching the FB page, but haven't joined in order to post. If you're already on the page, maybe you can post this??

Ahh...these cases just kill me.

Why must this child in the end be reduced to dollars?
I care not how expensive his headstone is. His memory is harder than any stone.

I care that his life was cut short; through negligence or intent, I don't know. But it was one or the other.

Play hard with your trucks, in Heaven, with all our other angels, Sylar. You deserved so much better.

*steps away*

Come on, since when do medical examiners bill the victim's family ?

She can do what my friend did when her 4 month old died of sids, buy an inexpensive marker and save for a nicer one.

Records indicate the family friend told detectives he heard Sylar had got into Collin's lockbox and ingested a muscle relaxant; Collins told detectives she knew of another time in the past when Sylar had ingested her medication. She said her lockbox was kept in her car, but other family members told detectives it could have been in the tent.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...newton-search-warrant-abrk.html#ixzz0xDKzU725

waiting for the other shoe to drop:angel:

Poor baby...

*snip*

The search warrant said campers reported seeing either Priem or Collins be "verbally abusive" to the boy and "push Sylar to the ground because he could not find his shoes." Campers also told investigators they heard the child crying between 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., but could not hear anything after.

Priem's 11-year-old daughter told detectives that, earlier in the afternoon, she saw Sylar staggering and then could not awake him, the warrant showed.

So what happened? Did he ever wake up? Investigators must have asked the 11 year-old this question, "Did Sylar ever wake up!"
I wonder how long after he was shoved to the ground, he was staggering around. If he hit his head when he was shoved to the ground he could have had a brain hemorrhage, could have had a traumatic brain injury. Did Sylar ever wake up?

I hope they put both CP and her mother under the freakin' jail!

Thats a big window of time 9:30 to 1 a.m. -- isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member