Baby Lisa's brothers to be questioned and DNA tested

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, so there are some unidentified samples. Thanks for this.
I am still surprised this is being done (swabbing the children) so long after the fact. Gosh, seems like the kind of thing that would be done very early on, sampling all who live there. :waitasec:

That is crazy. Are they(police) not doing a thorough job or can you say no you are not giving a sample or what?????

If they have a used baby bottle, pacifier or soiled diaper, could they get the DNA from that?

Possibly, but I would also think that the hospital might still have her blood as well?
They draw the blood when the baby is born and she isn't even a year old.
Stored umbilical cord blood?
My kids had blood work once a month, but I'm guessing Lisa didn't after birth since she was always so healthy.
Wonder if the hospital still has the blood from birth?

Like... maybe not all of the parents involved are parents.

That is crazy. Are they(police) not doing a thorough job or can you say no you are not giving a sample or what?????

I don't know what could account for the lapse in time on this. I mean they did fingerprint dusting, etc...I just assumed they already had family fingerprints, DNA samples & such to run the search findings against. Sure you can refuse to give a sample at these early stages, but why would you? I feel confused on this point all the way around. :(

Police said lab work done on those items are starting to come back, but will not say how much is left to examine.

www.kctv5.com

I have a feeling we are gonna start getting new info soon. Put ur seatbealts on. moo

I am still surprised this is being done (swabbing the children) so long after the fact. Gosh, seems like the kind of thing that would be done very early on, sampling all who live there. :waitasec:
My guess is that perhaps the parents' consent was needed and they refused until sometime before their attorney announced that they have given consent (attorney quote on 10/21, posted upthread). JMO. Or perhaps LE did not want to subject the children to swabs until further investigation deemed it necessary. JMO.

Or maybe there's something about the legalities for any potential future court proceedings and it was determined that these swabs needed to be taken after the SW samples were taken. JMO. Who knows?

Oh geez.... when you watch the footage of JI walking and then go and watch the video from the gas station.... is the gate similiar... the way the arms move?

So little to go on... but it made me uncomfortable.

Can you please link to the gas station video for reference? TIA

Can you please link to the gas station video for reference? TIA

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152425"]Mystery Man Surveillance - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Here is the link to the entire thread.

This system with the neighbor is new info to me. Can you direct me to the thread that discusses it please? Or the outside source? Thank you...these threads are moving rapidly!
The neighbor across the street reported that the lights were out at 11:30 when the neighbor went to bed , because the neighbor then knew he/she could not go over to the house. This was reported on Judge Pirro and Megyn Kelly (see below).

Now, I have another link from Dr. Drew that talks about the neighbor confirming the 10:30 lights off, but maybe not the same neighbor.
http://drdrew.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/19/baby-lisa-case-what-about-the-neighbors/?iref=obinsite

Then there's Arkansassy at Hinkymeter:
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/...sts&keywords=neighbor&t=1387&sf=msgonly&ch=-1

There's also this citing Judge Pirro on Hinky Meter, Lash wrote on Oct. 25:
On JJP show this past Saturday it came out the neighbors have a light signal with the Irwin home. Then today PI from NY said on FOX with Megyn Kelly that the Deborah's neighbor went to bed at 11:30 and the neighbor can say the lights were off at the Irwin home.

:seeya:

i have a question.....if in fact it is true that CPS are now involved would DB and/or JI have to have agreed to these interviews or would they have no choice as it could be regarded as negligence/endangerment due to DB's admission of being so drunk that she could have blacked out while being the sole carer for 3 small children?

Once CPS is involved there isnt a choice and No it is not a violation of anyones civil rights nor constitutional rights either just in case that comes up like it has been lately.

I'm 100% sure DNA samples need to be consented to. Otherwise LE has to follow the person around waiting for an opportunity to get it from some discarded item that is known to come from the person they need the sample from. Because these are children, they cannot consent for themselves. I wonder if the parents have given their own DNA to investigators?

Originally Posted by Mrs. Holmes
Oh geez.... when you watch the footage of JI walking and then go and watch the video from the gas station.... is the gate similiar... the way the arms move?

So little to go on... but it made me uncomfortable.

just had a look at both videos,although the "blob" is quite hard to make out it does seem very similar.......i too felt a bit uncomfortable watching it got the eerist feeling

I bet CPS is the agency that questions kids for LE all the time.

CPS is child protective services. They do not question kids for the police. They have their own social workers that do that. It might be that being the parents are hiding out the kids CPS wants to know why, or with DB coming out and stating the things she has been, CPS felt they needed to be involved. They will get the ball rolling on what these kids saw, heard and get DNA samples as well. These parents should have cooperated because they are going to be in a boat load of trouble if they dont now. They now have no choice. This makes me happy.

Did anyone ever reveal who interviewed them then? tia

I am going to take it on assumption here that the police probably spoke with the kids after their sister went missing. Probably very short questions like did you hear or see anything type of questions, nothing they could really get info from. I have a feeling that the parents do not want these kids questioned and thats why they have been holding out. For all we know the police could have just asked both boys if they were OK and if they were scared etc... This time it will be with someone that will really ask them what needs to be asked and know how to do it too.

I am going to take it on assumption here that the police probably spoke with the kids after their sister went missing. Probably very short questions like did you hear or see anything type of questions, nothing they could really get info from. I have a feeling that the parents do not want these kids questioned and thats why they have been holding out. For all we know the police could have just asked both boys if they were OK and if they were scared etc... This time it will be with someone that will really ask them what needs to be asked and know how to do it too.

According to the chief, they did for about an hour.

I'm new, just learning. But, here is a link to several questions being tossed around.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/25/3229412/legal-dance-with-police-is-part.html

It says the DNA is because there was unidentified fingerprints found in the search on Oct. 19, and they need the whole family's DNA to rule out and narrow down. I hate to see the interview done by CPS. I wish it could be done by an independent child psychologist that both LE and DB and JI agreed to.

I am still wondering why the PC wasn't taken right at FIRST like Oct 4 or 5, instead of waiting until Oct. 19th and getting search warrant for it. The Bobby Jo Stinett case, north of KC, was solved quickly and baby retrieved, by seeing who the mom had been chatting with. PC's should be asked for the first day. Usually the LE can just ask, "may I take the PC?" and usually the parents say "yes, of course."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne