Baez - Just Lost The Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah. Forgot about that.:floorlaugh:

No, CementPond - he did!

.........Baez said - Kronk ...uh......dishonorable.....wanted the reward...lalala...took.... $$$....errrmmm.....moved.....has bladder problems...uh - hmmm - behind the....placed the body....pretended to find her.....a disgrace!!!

And there you have it! Sorry you missed it! :great:

Jose Baez - "Anything Casey could do to protect her child she did, including living a lie, making up a nanny, making up a job."

How did living a lie protect her child?
How did making up a nanny protect her child?
How did making up a job protect her child?

This is just a small example of the ridiculous things Baez said in his opening statement. Will or can the SA go over Baez opening statement in their closing to point out all the illogical things he said? I'm afraid the jury may not have caught all this ridiculousness the first time around.

I thought Baez was trying to imply that she made that stuff up so she could protect her child from evil George, by staying home alone with her all day, instead of really going to work. Still doesn't make sense though.

It's all good and we may have to agree to disagree. I am not looking to argue and be disrespectful at all. I don't have the specs for the A's pool but most above ground are 48" deep. If it is not sunk in the ground that gives somebody that is 5'4 a 1'4" over the coping of the pool. If it is sunk in the ground even more. Enough to get your armpits over the pool and scoop.

Yes same story as you and we drove to the hospital. But, I'm not sure how that equates to a timeline of getting in the pool or not?

Again not looking to be rude at all. I hate discussing this just trying to present my opinion and that it really could happen much quicker without getting in and someone with GA's prior LE experience jumping right into rescue mode and acting quicker then the avareage person might. Especially when it's your granddaughter.

Impossible. Caylee would be on the very bottom of the pool. Drowning victims take a lot of time to float

I thought Baez was trying to imply that she made that stuff up so she could protect her child from evil George, by staying home alone with her all day, instead of really going to work. Still doesn't make sense though.

But she really didn't protect Caylee from George because she left Caylee with him a lot. Every day she had breakfast alone with him.

If I understand this correctly and have my dates straight, the opening statements don't matter BECAUSE:

- they state that Caylee drowned on June 16th in the morning.

Forget whether bodies float or sink, forget who found whom where, who cried, who screamed, who didn't hear it, who found the body, stole it, etc. etc.

GEORGE had to be at work at 3:00. He testified he saw KC and Caylee leave some time after NOON.

KC made a flurry of phone calls on June 16th in the afternoon, around 4:00 pm or so, one of them to Cindy, asking her to BABYSIT.

A dead child does not need a babysitter. If Caylee died on June 16th, she died AFTER her grandpa went to work, and when she was alone with her mother. Case closed, as far as I'm concerned.

JB screwed up when he picked June 16 as the "drowning day".

All true but if the State were supremely confident there would have been no need for LDB to weave her wonderfully crafted presentation with Cindy yesterday on all aspects of the pool, garden and house.

I guess what I was most struck with was how LDB foresaw a danger and nullified with a swift sharp riposte. So for any jurors humming and hawing about Baez and Casey's fable, LDB left them in no doubt that it was a load of doo hickey.

Is having JB as your attorney considered a mitigating circumstance under Florida law?

yeah.. especially since GA works the 3-11 shift and CA stated that Casey worked a lot at "night"

Is having JB as your attorney considered a mitigating circumstance under Florida law?
:floorlaugh:

It sure might be after this trial is over.

Three points I want to make (mind you, I am barely on my first cup of coffee, so I hope this makes sense).

First, didn't Cindy testify yesterday that ICA called her several times on the afternoon of June 16th, wanting Cindy to babysit Caylee? But Cindy had a staff meeting and could not babysit?

Secondly, Baez wants us to believe that a mere couple of hours after this preposterous "accidental drowning scene" wherein ICA is hysterically crying about Caylee's drowned little body, that ICA is then arm in arm having the time of her life with TonyL? No sign of tears, grief, nothing?

And lastly, how is Baez going to explain the duct tape? That ICA put it on little Caylee's face in order to keep fluids in? Well, that one has already been debunked because the adhesive is not going to stick to a wet surface. That Kronk put it on Caylee? How would Kronk have gained access to this very rare tape that obviously came from the Anthony home? That George put it on Caylee's face? For what unearthly reason?

I have been known to be a little "slow on the uptake," but none of these scenarios are even remotely rational in my view.

Three points I want to make (mind you, I am barely on my first cup of coffee, so I hope this makes sense).

First, didn't Cindy testify yesterday that ICA called her several times on the afternoon of June 16th, wanting Cindy to babysit Caylee? But Cindy had a staff meeting and could not babysit?

Secondly, Baez wants us to believe that a mere couple of hours after this preposterous "accidental drowning scene" wherein ICA is hysterically crying about Caylee's drowned little body, that ICA is then arm in arm having the time of her life with TonyL? No sign of tears, grief, nothing?

And lastly, how is Baez going to explain the duct tape? That ICA put it on little Caylee's face in order to keep fluids in? Well, that one has already been debunked because the adhesive is not going to stick to a wet surface. That Kronk put it on Caylee? How would Kronk have gained access to this very rare tape that obviously came from the Anthony home? That George put it on Caylee's face? For what unearthly reason?

I have been known to be a little "slow on the uptake," but none of these scenarios are even remotely rational in my view.

Nope. And I can't imagine that any juror who would buy into that would be able to sleep at night afterward. I think they will do the right thing.

Yeah, that's not good......not good at all. Savage thought the allegations might be true.

That same evening the DT gave their opening statement I had HLN on and Dr. Drew come on after Nancy Grace and his opinion was that he saw 'shame on GA's face.

Honestly don't know if it did or didn't happen and I am not a huge fan of either CA/GA or LA but I do not believe it in any excuses murder if it did happen.

In all reality, JB is doing what every defense attorney does, throwing stuff out there to shed doubt on the states evidence. Thats really all he has to do, he doesnt have to "prove" someone else did it, he only has to cast doubt that his client did it. I hate to say, when you view the case so far without emotion and just as a viewer, he may succeed. The defense wont have to "explain" everything, only cast doubt on what the state brings in.

Week 1 of the Casey Anthony trial has ended. It has been interesting.

The state made a methodical opening statement laying out the 31 days. They have brought in witness after witness that stated KC seemed the same before and after June 16th. One even stated KC said she was such a good liar. The state also had a very credible witness in SB. They also brought GA and CA to the stand. They brought in photos and video showing KC was acting as if nothing had happened.

The opening statement of the defense was interesting as well. We do have to keep in mind that opening statements aren't facts.

Has JB already lost the trial? IMO absolutely not. The job of the defense team is to raise reasonable doubt. The alleged sexually abuse from GA and LA is a bombshell to the jury. The alleged drowning in the pool, and GA yelling at KC blaming her is another bombshell.

Many of the states witnesses have testified that KC acted like nothing had happened during the 31 days after June 16th. However, each and every one of them also stated that KC was a good mother, and that Caylee obviously loved KC very much. This relationship between KC and Caylee as stated by these witnesses may lean in the defenses favor, and bring reasonable doubt that a mother who so obviously loved her child could commit the premeditated murder of that child just so she could live the good life. Also, if the jury thinks GA did sexually abuse KC, then her behavior is understandable, and these witnesses claiming she was acting the same before and after the 16th only reinforces that KC was displaying the behavior of a victim of sexual abuse. This also may work in the defenses favor.

SB and GA both testified they thought they smelled human decomp. However, the jury must be wondering why, if GA and SB were so certain this was human decomp, did SB allow GA to drive the car home instead of immediately calling the police department? Unless the jury thinks that when they found the white garbage bag, they both thought that this was the cause of the terrible odor and it was not human decomp but trash that had sat in a trunk in the hot Florida sun for weeks that caused the odor. This again may also work in the favor of the defense.

At times, during the testimony of GA, he seems to be combative and evasive, and sometimes it looks as though he is not being truthful. This of course is in my opinion, but if any member of the jury feels the same way, this could definately favor the defense.

The jury has not researched this case the way many of us on this site have done. They do not have near the knowledge about this case that many of us have. We must disregard much of what we know, because it will not be considered in this case. We must put ourselves in the jury box, and try to see it the way the jury may see it.

I believe, in the minds of the jury, based on what has been stated in trial thus far, that the defense has an edge at the end of the first week. They are considering that GA may have sexually abused KC. They are wondering why SB did not call the police department if he thought that the smell was human decompostion. They are wondering if Caylee did indeed drown. They are wondering how could KC have murdered a child she had an amazing relationship with. The defense needs only to raise reasonable doubt, and during the first week of trial, I think they were successful.

As always my entire post is my opinion only.

Well after the revelation of the "big secret" we found that GA smacked ICA as a child, while disciplining her! I am sure the big secret about LA's "sexual abuse" will be that he pulled her shirt up to pizz her off, to embarrass her, or something similar, a Jackass type of thing, and ICA took that and manufactured a whole drama about it.
That's what she does..

If that were the case, Nick Savage would have gotten his answer that day, not "I'll discuss it when the time comes"

I understand that this is what Casey does, but what did Lee do that was so bad that he "would talk about it when the time comes" with FBI?

Unless, Lee was taken back by the question and extremely pissed off..I see no other reason not to discuss this with Nick Savage.

On the other hand, we have the state pounding away on testimony about what a liar ICA is...ICA even bragging to ME about what a great liar she is. We hear this over and over and over...from friends to her own mother. Then we have JB making the mistake of trying to introduce this dark secret about GA that ICA confessed to TL. What does the dark secret amount to? GA disciplined ICA. Oooooh.

Baez is going to have to do ALOT better than that to make this jury buy into the molestation story. ALOT better.

JMO

I also want to add that the jury still hasn't heard testimony from LE. The detectives kept giving KC an OUT, practically pleading with her. They told her they'd seen it ALL before ---a parent gets distracted, careless and even forgetful and a child dies. Guilt and fear take over and they do stupid things. They were telling her that nothing would shock them. They could help her but she needed to help herself first by starting with the truth.

And she responded with (my own intrepretation):
"NO NO NO NONONNONO! I am not lying. My baby was kidnapped by my nanny by the name of Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez. That's my story I'm sticking with. And now I want to speak to my lawyer."

This will nag in the jurors mind throughout the trial: Would this defendant sit in jail for 3 years on murder one charges if her toddler died by accident? JB wants the jury to believe the answer is YES because KC is a fractured and broken woman-child. Yes she would because she was sexually abused by her father and brother. Yes she would because her mother was controlling and demeaning. Yes she would because she cocooned herself in a fantasy world.

See, it feels like a sleight of hand trick to me. The defense is using the abuse/incest allegations to distract the jury. If they can distract the jury with a dark and uncomfortable topic, and if they keep pulling the "in KC world" card then they NEVER have to respond to ANYTHING. WE JUST HAVE TO TAKE KC's WORD FOR IT.

What will the jury see as the trial goes into week 2, then 3, and 4 and so on. From the defense, same song different verse. No one will be able to corroborate KC's story. They just eviscerated her father in front of the world and made him out to be a horrible and evil man. He was the only other person who could back her up. And she's not talking (yet). The state will continue their methodical battering of the defense. After awhile the abuse shock will wear off for the jurors. It's human nature. And they'll want to see more than just "in KC world" to buy the accident scenario. A jury will not want to be played by a dubious attorney & a well-documented liar. <MOO>

Isn't it amazing that after almost three years this is the "best" he can come up with?

PS- I'm thinking he thought "early morning hours" sounded better 'cause it can imply that Casey was still in bed and had no idea that Caylee left the house. Any later, everyone would be up and starting their day. Also, if George hadn't locked in his testimony as to seeing both leave on the 16th, I might have bet something did actually happen "early" on the 16th. I always felt there was a reason why Casey wrote that she dropped off Caylee between 9a-1pm. Who wouldn't be able to remember something like that?!! I mean it was the last time you saw your child (supposedly)!

I want to point out that those phone calls were made after a call from GA to his job at 303 pm then again a phone call to GA then 3 calls to Cindy and another to GA. I find the phone call from Casey to her home more odd as it was made 6 32 pm, what time does cindy get home?

Just pointing out things the defence can use to cast doubt on GA's actions and involvement.

Link for the 16th events.
http://www.acandyrose.com/casey_anthony_31days-061608.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members