Being sober is boring: Charlie Sheen

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't believe he's happy about the tickets going so fast - people clearly just want to go in case the show they take in is the one in which he finally cracks for good.

I wish people wouldn't buy tickets. It's like patronizing a sideshow.

Maybe his "cadre" arranged for that sell-out of tickets, maybe CS paid for them himself.

I believe he is just narcissistic enough to have done that. Then he can spin it to the public any way he wants.

Buying out the first two shows might have been a good investment if it promoted hotter sales of following shows.

Freak show. :loser: He needs to get some serious help.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/03/21/martin.sheen.ppl/index.html?hpt=T2

Martin Sheen understands son Charlie's 'hell'
By Simon Perry, PEOPLE.com
March 21, 2011 12:36 p.m. EDT

(PEOPLE.com) -- Martin Sheen understands the "hell" son Charlie Sheen is going through.

He believes that Charlie, despite being 45, is still "emotionally" a child. "Because when you're addicted, you don't grow emotionally. So. when you get clean and sober you're starting at the moment you started using drugs or alcohol," the actor tells the UK's Telegraph magazine. "You're emotionally crippled."

Sheen, 70, has been through similar difficulties, he concedes: "I know what hell he's living in. I've had psychotic episodes in public. One of them was on camera -- the opening scene of "Apocalypse Now." ... I know what Charlie is going through. And when you do something like that, that is out of control, that's the most difficult thing. You have to have courage."...

I can't believe the network is talking to Charlie and even considering taking him back. I saw it online today and couldn't believe it. I am SO over him lol!

It's amazing the network wants CS back. I heard it on the news tonight. It's sad they couldn't get anyone to replace him even after he screwed all his co-workers.

Is Sheen going to come out of this smelling like a Rose?

I do wish him a recovery though- I wish that for anyone.

Goz

It's probably cheaper to keep him and do the last remaining episodes than to pay off whatever amount they would settle on for the legal mess.

It's amazing the network wants CS back. I heard it on the news tonight. It's sad they couldn't get anyone to replace him even after he screwed all his co-workers.

Is Sheen going to come out of this smelling like a Rose?

I do wish him a recovery though- I wish that for anyone.

Goz

Well, maybe not a rose, but I think he's going to be just fine! It would be hilarious if the network rehired him!

It's probably cheaper to keep him and do the last remaining episodes than to pay off whatever amount they would settle on for the legal mess.

Maybe they'll give him a really crappy script and humiliate him publicly. Maybe they don't intend for CS to have the last laugh at all.

An observation:

I went to a business meeting the other night- it was about 20 or so men and I was the only woman. (AH-not the point). Sheen's name came up and most of the men said he was nuts but nobody felt it was a big deal. Most of the men felt Charlie was playing everyone and building his hype to make more $ and get attention. Some wanted to go see him perform. They didn't seem to care about his personal life at all.

Just thought I would add what a group of men felt.

Goz

An observation:

I went to a business meeting the other night- it was about 20 or so men and I was the only woman. (AH-not the point). Sheen's name came up and most of the men said he was nuts but nobody felt it was a big deal. Most of the men felt Charlie was playing everyone and building his hype to make more $ and get attention. Some wanted to go see him perform. They didn't seem to care about his personal life at all.

Goz

My boyfriend said the same thing, kind of funny a lot of men think that about him.

most of the men i know love CS. They guys I know are all under 25 so maybe that is the difference. But they think he is funny and entertaining like some sort of folk hero. they say his catch phrases and want to go see him.

most of the men i know love CS. They guys I know are all under 25 so maybe that is the difference. But they think he is funny and entertaining like some sort of folk hero. they say his catch phrases and want to go see him.

BBM

So this makes me wonder if CS had been Charlotte Sheen, would 'the guys' still think this same behavior funny and entertaining? Somehow, I don't think so.

OT but I got to share. I never knew that Charlie Sheen was a voice on Grand thief auto video game until my grandson told me tonight. who know ?

An observation:

Goz

I agree Goz...men I've talked to about CS, well, they don't share my opinion that's for sure. I guess as a woman and a DV survivor I have a much different view of him than they do. I think his long standing violent history with women is completely disgusting. I had one guy friend of mine say how he thought CS was really intelligent, lol. Say what?? :banghead:

My husband (48) loves him but also keeps up with the gossip.. he always wants to know what Charlie is doing to get himself into trouble and watches the 20/20 and dateline specials and just sits and shakes is head. He's more into the gossip then I am.

These guys ranged in ages but the thoughts on him were all the same.

In response to everyone's post, I think the men really like him too. They don't seem to care about what he has done and view him laughing and seem to want to know the latest Charlie news too. They seem to take him just as an entertaining person and are not interested in his p. life at all.

Goz

Charlie Sheen's Tour Is Not Selling Out, After All

It seems pretty obvious why audiences aren't flocking to see Sheen live. For one thing, we've seen plenty of him (some might say too much) on free media for the past month and a half. For another, potential attendees have no idea what, exactly, the show would consist of.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/charlie-sheens-tour-is-not-selling-out-after-all--2623?nc

Charlie Sheen's Tour Is Not Selling Out, After All

It seems pretty obvious why audiences aren't flocking to see Sheen live. For one thing, we've seen plenty of him (some might say too much) on free media for the past month and a half. For another, potential attendees have no idea what, exactly, the show would consist of.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/charlie-sheens-tour-is-not-selling-out-after-all--2623?nc

Charlie Sheens opening show in Detroit bombs... no surprise here.

I find it amusing that the people who actually paid to see this booed him. Really? They really thought they were going to get more?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back