Being sober is boring: Charlie Sheen

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Winning" tee shirts for sale-cheap....invest in tee shirts that have "Losing" on them and you will make alot more money Charleeeeeeeee!

It was obnoxious and arrogant of CS to consider himself a 'standup.' Doing stand up comedy is an art and a difficult craft. You don't just get up on stage and rant and call it 'standup.' I think he should have learned that last night, however, maybe not.

Suffice it to say that arrogance is one area where Charlie Sheen reigns supreme. :rolleyes:

Okay, Kitty Kat, a lot of that was actually really funny in parts. I liked the part where he was giving his name variations and cutting to the nodding, serious face of the interviewer, the cigarette bit where he's smoking two and then three cigarettes, and then out of his nose and then ears and I liked the scene with the Hispanic guys in the kitchen which turned into a music video with them. That made me laugh. Doesn't change my mind about Charlie Sheen falling apart but I can give credit where credit is due.

Charlie and Miley exchange twitter comments.....

Why Miley why???? You have enough issues of your own!

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...;utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

"'Do not fear...the Sheenius is here!' I'm not gonna lie. I came back to twitter for 2 reasons. My fans and to follow Charlie Sheen.
"Dear Miley, Welcome back to Twitter! Always felt you were epic! Now you proved it! Thanks for the love."

More at the link

Charlie and Miley exchange twitter comments.....

Why Miley why???? You have enough issues of your own!

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...;utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

"'Do not fear...the Sheenius is here!' I'm not gonna lie. I came back to twitter for 2 reasons. My fans and to follow Charlie Sheen.
"Dear Miley, Welcome back to Twitter! Always felt you were epic! Now you proved it! Thanks for the love."

More at the link

Now there's a match made in some place opposite of heaven.

Charlie sheen posted this on his FB yesterday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LtBSqGzi3o

Saw this at the Bing link SD posted. Charlie and chuck go on a road trip, lol.
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vi...malink&from=sharepermalink-v5:share:permalink

That was disturbing. Not humorous to me at all but disturbing. I don't think it's that I don't get Sheen's humor, it's that he's not making sense here. That coupled with his strange body language (agitated..etc) and also his completely disorganized thought process--is deeply concerning to me.

One of my favorite stand ups was Dennis Miller. I haven't watched him in years but he can start a rant and take you on a cerebral roller coaster ride that I, personally, always feel that I'm just a beat or two behind him. It's fun, it makes sense.

This is not milleresque. This is almost like watching Kaufman but Kaufman took years to sink into the abyss of his mental illness and Kaufman was extraordinarily complicated and talented at the same time. Sheen's talent is not on par with Kaufman when Kaufman was not suffering from his dibilitating mental illness.

This video left me ashamed of myself for having watched it.

(who are the diaz brother's he is referencing here? anyone know? Just curious).

I feel like I need to take a bath now. Not because of his antics and his obvious illness (be it drug addiction or mental illness) but because I watched the entire thing and this man is obviously in need of hospitilization, meds and some very intensive therapy. JMHO.

I'll say a prayer for him tonight, for his Mom.

It's insulting to liken this crap to Kaufman, IMO.

It's only genius when you mean to be outre and confusing, Charlie. Otherwise, it's just a hack performance.

I couldn't get through much of the video. I was embarrassed for him. And he reminded me too much of a one time dear friend whose coke addiction aged him well beyond his years. After a gradual, two year decline, he died weak and confused, which was the saddest part of his death. I don't mean confused as in incoherent. I mean that he had no understanding of his journey. No real clarity.

I'll say a prayer for Charlie, too. Such a shame.

It's insulting to liken this crap to Kaufman, IMO.

It's only genius when you mean to be outre and confusing, Charlie. Otherwise, it's just a hack performance.

True. I shouldn't have used him as a reference but he came to mind because I had recently seen the REM video man in the moon. Had to explain to the kids who Kaufman was.

I couldn't get through much of the video. I was embarrassed for him. And he reminded me too much of a one time dear friend whose coke addiction aged him well beyond his years. After a gradual, two year decline, he died weak and confused, which was the saddest part of his death. I don't mean confused as in incoherent. I mean that he had no understanding of his journey. No real clarity.

I'll say a prayer for Charlie, too. Such a shame.

Now that you mention it Bessie when I was a teen there was the older brother of one of the kids that ran in my circle that acted very much like this---he was a huffer. He would walk down the street with a sock full of gold paint in his mouth and when you talked to him when he wasn't using he acted very much like Sheen does in this video but was a bit dangerous too in that you couldn't predict how he would react to something. I'm pretty sure IIRC that he ended up dying when I was in my mid 20's. Direct result of his drug use. JMHO and recollections of that guy.

That video is just sad, and deeply disturbing. I stopped it, just cannot watch. So sad that watching a man self destruct becomes "entertainment", disturbing that his celebrity allows him to debase himself so publicly... he's prostituting his own demise, IMO.

I'll add my prayers to others' but I just cannot be part of the audience he is so desparately (sickly) seeking.

i have been lurking this thread on and off so i havent read all the posts, so forgive me if this has been mentioned before but i wonder if this behavior that we are seeing is actually self-induced psychosis/mania from major cocaine use rather than any actual real mental illness that existed prior to the drug use? the main reason that i ask is because i have something similar that happened to me... NOT cocaine use, but about 10 years ago i was into the body building/working out scene and the popular supplement to be using was ephedra... back then it was on any ligit store shelf for legal sale... i was taking this stuff and let me tell ya what, what it did to me and the damage that it inflicted on me and my life is incomprehensible as i look back on it now. by the time that i went to my doc i couldnt even speak without breaking down but prior to that happening i pretty much screwed up my entire life with what i learned was a self induced "mania" at first i thought that the doc was nuts - how could a legal supplement make me nuts? i managed to get off of it without being hospitalized but i would end up losing my job and my husband... chronic/over use of any of the stimulant family is bad news and can cause this kind of behavior. i didnt think i had tiger blood but i did think i was invincible and i never slept and had a really bizarre train of thought that was not compatible with the "regular" world... i hope charlie gets the help that he needs as hes in a really scary place. it seems that his thoughts are running so fast and he acts on them instantly without any forethought...

It would appear, based on reports by partons to Charlie's new one man show, that being sober may not be boring, but Charlie Sheen is. I hope he made some decent money with his webshow, his twitter endorsements, etc. Seems as if America is "over" watching the Charlie Sheen train wreck. He's going to have to come up with another way to fund his extravagant livestyle.

"i have been lurking this thread on and off so i havent read all the posts, so forgive me if this has been mentioned before but i wonder if this behavior that we are seeing is actually self-induced psychosis/mania from major cocaine use rather than any actual real mental illness that existed prior to the drug use? "

There are several causes of mania without or without delusional thinking. THese medical reasons have to be r/o one by one starting with ceasing drug and alcohol use which he obviously has no intention of doing. Presently he's losing weight, looking more gaunt and becoming more delusional in his thinking. Geez, he may even have a thryroid issue being exacerbated by his drug use. I guess he will have to take the MJ route to truly find out - if he doesnt hit bottom and choose life. /shrug

I am really worried about CS. He seems so out of touch with reality!
Why do peeps keep paying to see this mess? I guess that's why he thinks he is winning.

wm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back