MISTRIAL Bill Cosby -- Charged W/Aggravated Sexual Assault/Other Rape Allegations #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BC is he teflon coated? He gets so many breaks. I hope justice prevails.

Link is below and some of the article....

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-cosby-accuser-trial-20170224-story.html

"Pennsylvania judge Friday ruled that only one additional woman who has accused Bill Cosby of sexual assault may testify against him in his upcoming trial, dealing a setback to the lone viable criminal case against the entertainer.

It is the only alleged instance of sexual assault — among the more than 50 women who've accused Cosby in interviews and civil suits — in which the statute of limitations has not expired.

Friday’s ruling was a modest surprise to some experts, who thought Steele might prevail in getting the judge to admit the testimony of a few, but not many, of the 13 women.

“It’s very difficult to introduce prior criminal acts,” said Dennis McAndrews, a former prosecutor and longtime legal expert in Pennsylvania. “I thought they might get more than one but not many more — something closer to three or four.”"

Perhaps the large group of survivors will be in the courtroom anyway.

The fact that the whole world is aware that he is a sexual predator and that he was still alive to know this is a kind of justice.

His reputation is destroyed by this knowledge and for awhile there every day a University was revoking his Honorary Degrees one by one.

For his victims to witness this is a type of justice as people finally acknowledged these women were telling true stories about this monster.

I have no doubt there are dozens if not a hundred more victims.

I cannot express the high esteem I hold towards the women who continued to come forward despite being called liars by Cosby and his team. The level of denial was monumental. That has all changed now.

These courageous women will see him convicted hopefully sooner than later .

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

#ibelieveher

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Feb 24 2017, 1:48 pm ET

Bill Cosby Sex Assault Case: Judge Will Let One Other Accuser Testify

by Hannah Rappleye and Tracy Connor

A Pennsylvania judge ruled Friday that only one of 13 women prosecutors hoped to have testify at the Bill Cosby sex-assault trial — to show a pattern of behavior — can take the stand.

The defense had fought hard to keep all the women out of the case, but the judge decided the jury can hear only from the woman referred to as Prior Alleged Victim Six — who says Cosby gave her a pill and wine and molested her while she was incapacitated during a 1996 visit to his bungalow.

That woman is represented by high-profile attorney Gloria Allred, who said in a statement that she is "glad at least one such witness will be able to testify in this case." ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bi...case-judge-will-allow-another-accuser-n725176

I doubt if anyone really expected all 13 women to testify. My thinking was that 2 or 3 of them would take the stand. But the judge selected only one: Kelly Johnson. She is African American, her story is similar (some aspects are very similar) to Andrea Constand's, and her alleged assault by Cosby happened only 8 years prior to Constand's, not decades earlier. Although I was hoping for at least one more woman to testify, I think the judge made a wise choice in Ms. Johnson. Sometimes less is more, especially in a high profile trial.

Here is Kelly Johnson's press conference statement from 2015:

"I share the experiences of most of the other women who have bravely stepped forward, and as more and more of them have shared their truths, I knew I needed to add my voice with these women and speak my truth by sharing what happened to me. I worked for the William Morris Agency for over 6 years, three of those years as assistant to Tom Illius, who was Mr. Cosby’s personal appearance agent. As assistant to Mr. Tom Illius I was tasked with the administrative aspects of Mr. Cosby’s personal appearances. While Mr. Cosby and I had a cordial professional relationship, over time he began to take a more personal interest in me and often inquired about my life, and that of my family.

I considered him a father figure or a favorite uncle, so without hesitation I accepted invitations to have dinner with him and another William Morris Colleague and friend, along with our children. I accepted phone calls from him to my home. He would call to inquire about my well-being in general and to discuss my life, my interests, my future life plans. I loved my job at the William Morris Agency, and it was flattering to have the professional acquaintance of Mr. Cosby, and for him to make time to chat with me personally. I was invited for dinner at his home to discuss my having a role in his new television show in development, and a contract that he said he had prepared for me. He said that he wanted to teach me television show production – lighting, setblocking, camera angles – and to read through a script with him. This was all new to me since I had not expressed any interest in an acting career.

While at his home he and I did read-through a scene from a script, a scene between a man and woman that ended with a passionate kiss. He had me read through this same scene several times. Each time it came to the “kiss” I did not want to participate. He was insistent with him pressing his body against mine and coming in for the kiss. The evening ended with a somewhat uncomfortable good night, and I left for home wondering what that was all about.

I was again invited to meet with Mr. Cosby to discuss my future plans, this time for lunch at the Bel Air hotel. I had been instructed that morning to meet him directly at his bungalow. When I arrived he answered the door in his bathrobe and slippers. After the initial pleasantries, I was told that we would be having lunch in the suite. Food and wine were brought in. Shortly thereafter he told me I needed to relax and he offered me a large white pill. I said I was fine and politely declined. He was insistent and I felt intimidated. I asked him what it was. He said 'Would I give you anything that would hurt you? Trust me, it will just help you relax.' I declined several times, but he kept insisting, so finally I ingested it. He insisted that I open my mouth and lift my tongue to make sure that I swallowed it. Next, I remember waking up in a bed with Mr. Cosby naked beneath his open robe.

After that I did not want to see or work with Mr. Cosby so I left William Morris. I wanted to take legal action against Mr. Cosby at that time, but I was fearful that if I did he would retaliate against me and my family. Finally, I would like to express to any woman, any girl, who believes themselves to be experiencing any level of manipulation, intimidation, trepidation – any sexual coercing that just doesn’t feel right, from any man or boy, I encourage you, urge you to speak up, tell someone, and even if you encounter the very real possibility of not being believed, tell someone else until you are heard and are able to remove yourself safely from harm’s way.

And for those who will choose not to believe that I am speaking the truth of what happened to me, please know that I wish it were not true, but I lived it and know that it is true. I no longer have to feel alone with this secret. I would like to express my sincere gratitude and immeasurable respect for Ms. Allred for taking this on and providing the support and forum for those of us who have our truth to tell."

Defense Granted Change in Venire*

[video=twitter;836256040668790785]https://twitter.com/ReutersUS/status/836256040668790785[/video]

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...-cosby-wants-outside-jury-for-trial/98473746/

*What's a Change in Venire?

Richrd's Short Version:

*Change in Venire {venn-EYE'-ree}:

Jurors from another, to-be-determined PA County are

Bu$$ed-In for a Montgomery County Trial, and $eque$tered weeknights.

There's also a possibility they'll again be $eque$tered during Deliberations.

Jury Sequestration :: Isolation of a Jury to avoid accidental, or deliberate tainting/influence

Bu$$ed-In and $eque$tered = Co$tly to the ho$ting {Montgomery} County

The Official Link :: Plus ...Excerpts..., {Insertions}, & Emphasis:

http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/234/chapter5/s584.html:

234 PA Code Rule 584 :: Motion for Change of Venue or Change of Venire

(A) All motions for... Change of Venire shall be made to the {Montgomery County} court
in which the case is currently pending.
...Venire may be changed by that court when it is determined, after hearing,
that a fair and impartial trial cannot otherwise be had in... {Montgomery} County...

(B) An order for Change of Venire shall be certified forthwith to the {PA} Supreme Court.
The {PA} Supreme Court shall designate and notify the {to-be-determined PA} County
from which the jury is to be impanelled.
Unless otherwise ordered by the {PA} Supreme Court, a judge from {Montgomery} County...
shall preside over all proceedings...

{(C) intentionally omitted}

(D) Whenever a Change of Venire has been ordered, the jury shall be summoned, selected,
and impanelled in the {to-be-determined} designated {PA} county of empanelment.
The trial judge shall conduct the Voir Dire,
unless otherwise ordered by the {PA} Supreme Court.
The jury shall be transported to... {Montgomery} County... Court...

(E) All costs accruing from... a change {of} venire shall be paid by... {Montgomery} County...

[...Excerpts..., {Insertions}, & Emphasis by Richrd]

Voir Dire = {vaugh DEER'} [Old French - To speak the Truth]:

The preliminary examination of prospective jurors to determine
their qualifications, and suitability to serve on a {sequestered} jury.

via http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/voir+dire

Common Pleas Court Docket Sheet:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-46-CR-0003932-2016

I really believe they think they can delay until he dies

Feb 27 2017, 12:32 pm ET

Bill Cosby’s Jurors Likely To Be From Philly, not Suburbs

by Adam Reiss and Tracy Connor

A judge has ruled against moving the Bill Cosby sex-assault trial out of the Pennsylvania suburbs, but said jurors will be picked from elsewhere, probably Philadelphia.

Armed with large binders full of news clippings about the case, defense lawyers argued that the comedian cannot get a fair trial in Montgomery County and that the June trial should be relocated to a more diverse place...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bi...s-jurors-likely-be-philly-not-suburbs-n726236

Jurors in Cosby trial to come from outside suburban Philly court
Change of venue request denied

By AARON COOPER , CNN

Posted: 12:56 PM, February 27, 2017
Updated: 1:05 PM, February 27, 2017

NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania (CNN) - Bill Cosby's criminal sexual assault trial will stay in Montgomery County Court outside Philadelphia, but the jurors will come from another Pennsylvania county, a judge ruled Monday.

Montgomery County Common Pleas Judge Steven O'Neill granted a defense motion ordering that jurors will come from another county for the trial, but denied the request for change of venue, or where the case will be tried...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/top-s...al-to-come-from-outside-suburban-philly-court

Ever so slowly, one by one, anyone filing a suit against BC, that suit gets tossed.It may take years or months but BC is working his people so that he will walk free of any charges. Teflon coated?

I think Cosby overstated his "win" just a tad:

So what actually happened? Three women, Therese Serignese, Linda Traitz and Joan Tashis, who are part of the lawsuit, agreed to dismiss one of their claims against the 79-year-old entertainer for “infliction of emotional distress.” It gets a little technical on the legal front, but follow along for a second.

Since these three women live in New York and Florida, the claims of “intentional emotional distress” are duplicative under New York law and Florida law and are incorporated as part of the defamation claim, Cammarata explained. So the plaintiffs’ attorneys agreed to dismiss just those claims for just these women. Serignese, Traitz and Tashis are still moving forward with their lawsuit for defamation and invasion of privacy.

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/bil...e-tweet-gloating-about-his-non-court-victory/

Ever so slowly, one by one, anyone filing a suit against BC, that suit gets tossed.It may take years or months but BC is working his people so that he will walk free of any charges. Teflon coated?

I think Cosby was teflon coated up until October 2014. That's when the Hannibal Buress video went viral. Heck, in 2005, I wasn't even aware of Andrea Constand's civil suit against Cosby. Back then, his PR machine was able to keep things under control. The media was in his pocket. But fast-forward to 2014, and times had changed! The internet was now very widespread as well as portable (smart phones!). Social media was in full swing, and Hannibal's video went wildly viral. I'd wager that Cosby thought this mess would blow over in a month or two. Not a chance. No matter what happens now, his legacy is in the sewer. He knows this. Welcome to the new world, Bill.

I think Cosby overstated his "win" just a tad:

So what actually happened? Three women, Therese Serignese, Linda Traitz and Joan Tashis, who are part of the lawsuit, agreed to dismiss one of their claims against the 79-year-old entertainer for “infliction of emotional distress.” It gets a little technical on the legal front, but follow along for a second.

Since these three women live in New York and Florida, the claims of “intentional emotional distress” are duplicative under New York law and Florida law and are incorporated as part of the defamation claim, Cammarata explained. So the plaintiffs’ attorneys agreed to dismiss just those claims for just these women. Serignese, Traitz and Tashis are still moving forward with their lawsuit for defamation and invasion of privacy.

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/bil...e-tweet-gloating-about-his-non-court-victory/

Yes, lawnewz.com has it right. Of course, Cosby tweeted that this is a fabulous victory. Nope, not at all. Anyhow, Cosby has recently fired up his long dormant Twitter account. In February there were a slew of tweets about Black History Month. I feel it's all just a PR tactic for his upcoming criminal trial.

How does Cosby have the time to do all this when busy opening all the envelopes from Universities revoking his Honorary Degrees?

I think Cosby was teflon coated up until October 2014. That's when the Hannibal Buress video went viral. Heck, in 2005, I wasn't even aware of Andrea Constand's civil suit against Cosby. Back then, his PR machine was able to keep things under control. The media was in his pocket. But fast-forward to 2014, and times had changed! The internet was now very widespread as well as portable (smart phones!). Social media was in full swing, and Hannibal's video went wildly viral. I'd wager that Cosby thought this mess would blow over in a month or two. Not a chance. No matter what happens now, his legacy is in the sewer. He knows this. Welcome to the new world, Bill.

You can say that again !! Seriously.

After the years of his high-paid attorneys calling all of those women liars, the truth finally came out.

The Honorary Degrees have been revoked.

Celebrities once supporting him have all gone home. No one is waiting outside the stage door. Also, there is no more stage door.

I have the greatest respect for all of the women who came forward, knowing they would be "mocked" that now have justice.

I agree with Mister Happy. Regardless of the upcoming trial - Cosby is world-wide known as the serial rapist he is !

Trial Jury to be Selected & Transported from Allegheny County, in South-Western, PA

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/p...osby-trial-to-come-from-Allegheny-County.html:

Includes Demographics / Population Details

data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,6Okzr53C--pv6DEnW5i7SilMWZNJe6YX-7i3TX3sONNx_hmsu7cegTwf-vD4WeMh-ZxjVd8hEMrSQ7ec038m66Yu6Gz5viWrypfjlsU_FoKebKzMNHxCBbLdtfs8TTLSUg7ZHL-SsdMcfafqNgPLQs8,SrPBcnhNtyIn-gz3wIppeEdPyH_jisfz9G14K2Rw_5zJRAFJZhxgEaXPpjTxASJ_RaYv8F8wmruw-jV6BeRQs-vx68aY0FTUF4K6zdYHhDQtP5K0MedjTW3GH9wXxDw7-4FBmxNrT0LVQKbgS10Ydh06TJfNZuhPPpHinz00zYUtIZAtN_9drdtK_3bIwajpz42lqazKqPupd8B4fgncrfQlTQO1BY7sh2cf_s_oEZZQyocU3jv26mb5cQRcrlc2mOnDRPAgTq2tvbtFw3ULxjMLWIGFKPoATBt6Bch0F1bFkHNnO8L-ZDcgW5ItUkPbeukxJz7EmvM6HagwqrhCcbRuDWpfXj24

Defense Granted Change in Venire:
What's a Change in Venire?

Richrd's Short Version:

Change in Venire {venn-EYE'-ree}:

Jurors from Allegheny County are Bu$$ed-In
for a Montgomery County Trial, & $eque$tered*.

They may again be $eque$tered during Deliberations.

*Sequestration :: Isolation of a Jury to avoid accidental, or deliberate tainting/influence

Bu$$ed-In and $eque$tered = Co$tly to the ho$ting {Montgomery} County

The Official Link :: Plus ...Excerpts..., {Insertions}, & Emphasis:

http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/234/chapter5/s584.html:

234 PA Code Rule 584 :: Motion for Change of Venue or Change of Venire

(A) All motions for... Change of Venire shall be made to the {Montgomery County} court
in which the case is currently pending.
...Venire may be changed by that court when it is determined, after hearing,
that a fair and impartial trial cannot otherwise be had in... {Montgomery} County...

(B) An order for Change of Venire shall be certified forthwith to the {PA} Supreme Court.
The {PA} Supreme Court shall designate and notify {Allegheny} County
from which the jury is to be impanelled.
Unless otherwise ordered by the {PA} Supreme Court, a judge from {Montgomery} County...
shall preside over all proceedings...

{(C) intentionally omitted}

(D) Whenever a Change of Venire has been ordered, the jury shall be summoned, selected,
and impanelled in the {Allegheny} county of empanelment.
The trial judge shall conduct the Voir Dire,
unless otherwise ordered by the {PA} Supreme Court.
The jury shall be transported to... {Montgomery} County... Court...

(E) All costs accruing from... a change {of} venire shall be paid by... {Montgomery} County...

[...Excerpts..., {Insertions}, & Emphasis by Richrd]

Voir Dire = {vaugh DEER'} [Old French - To speak the Truth]:

The preliminary examination of prospective jurors to determine
their qualifications, and suitability to serve on a {sequestered} jury.

via http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/voir+dire

Common Pleas Court Docket Sheet:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-46-CR-0003932-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bshie