JODI ANN ARIAS (001) KIRK NURMI
VICTORIA ELISABETH WASHINGTON
MINUTE ENTRY
11:43 a.m.
Courtroom ECB412
State's Attorney: Juan Martinez
Defendant's Advisory Attorney: Kirk Nurmi and Victoria Washington
Defendant: Present
Court Reporter, Michael Babicky, is present.
A record of the proceeding is also made by audio and/or videotape.
This is the time set for continued Evidentiary Hearing.
Defense case continues:
Heather Nitterauer is sworn and testifies with the assistance of counsel, Christopher
Winchell.

I hope I copied and pasted correctly - I think these are minutes regarding Heather Neutaur (not sure about spelling). I'll also attach a link:
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/082011/m4845803.pdf

This may be what you're remembering:

9/16/2009 MOT - Motion - Party (001)
NOTE: TO PROHIBIT THE STATE FROM VIEWING AND/OR ACCESSING JAIL VISITATION RECORDS

But this is on the docket (today):

11/16/2015 MFW - Motion For Withdraw of counsel - Party (001)
NOTE: MOTION TO WITHDRAW AS COUNSEL OF RECORD

Who did she chase off now?

Wow!!!!! She is demanding they do other things that have nothing to do with the appeal. Perhaps, Nurmi's book?? She is pitching another fit I bet. She thinks she is special. The death penalty is off the table now, so no more special treatment. Wendy A. and that other woman is still on death row so they get the special treatment not her. Besides there are men on death row too that require special treatment. CMJA is just a lifer. :tantrum: I can't wait until we find out who wants off. Probably the woman.

Thank you! I do think that might be the one I'm thinking of - so it looks like it was just for visits, not calls, I guess.

Thanks for the update! Good question, who did she alienate already? How often does she even meet with appelate counsel? I wonder what caused this to happen?

She was allowed to call Numi's office and Willmut's office every day. Is she also allowed to call her appellate lawyers every day?

Can this even be true? IIRC the first time JA was her own attorney was before the trial even started. The day JM brought the magazines into evidence I clearly remember JW and KN intently looking at the magazines trying to figure out why they were being brought into evidence.
It was always my understanding that when JA was her own attorney for the first time it was the pedo letters she was trying to get in. When she was not allowed to bring them in she decided not to her own attorney.

Ohreally, it happened all at the same time basically. 8/11/2011 8/12/2011 and finished up the hearing on 08/15/2011, When the court ruled on all motions and reinstated Nurmi and Washington.

Who is Nurmi?

An attorney with no future as an author. And possibly not as an attorney either.

BBM

LMFAO, although I am pretty sure you meant friends, "fiends" :rockon: is so debasing... I don't just like it, I frigging love it!!!!! :laughing:

You are right Calyee A, It was a typing error. My "r" on the keypad is not working good and you have to press hard or it doesn't show up in the text. LOL wish I could say it was a Freudian slip but it was just faulty equipment and lazy spell checking.

You are right Calyee A, It was a typing error. My "r" on the keypad is not working good and you have to press hard or it doesn't show up in the text. LOL wish I could say it was a Freudian slip but it was just faulty equipment and lazy spell checking.

Sam, not having a key work has long been part of the lore of the Arias case on WS. Poster Becky Sharp, who still reads here occasionally, had her W key stop working. She substituted the letter V until she was able to get a new keyboard. Often you will see people post something like "Vov, Becky! Good to see you."

I'm still going to get Nurmi and Juan's books. I read both Baez and Ashton's. I like to compare the yin and the yang.

I will say that, while Nurmi isn't as charismatic as Baez, he seems to be a better person. The guy was affected by the case and is not championing Arias. Baez will go down in flames saying CA is innocent. Nurmi at least knows Arias is guilty. And yeah, he defended her. But as a defense attorney, it's his job. We need defense attorneys. I don't blame him as much as I would blame a pizza delivery guy for being a few minutes late.

Shrug.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Although I don't like Baez I have more respect for him than Nurmi. He at least is not trashing CA and her family after the trial is over. He is more ethical. And he isn't trying to redeem himself by writing a book and breaking the A/C privilege. Nurmi is scum

What was it Dr. DeMarte said about people with BPD flipping between deification and demonization (my words, not hers)?

March 14, 2011 – Jodi loves Nurmi:

http://twitdoc.com/view.asp?id=9422...u2&doc=139833553&key=key-2gxotllz9sge8erm21fo

October 14, 2013 – Jodi loves him not:

http://archive.azcentral.com/ic/pdf/jodi-arias-nurmi-motion.pdf

It takes her four and a half pages to "count the ways" in which she loves him. Once she wants him gone, it takes her 11+ pages to trash him (edited down from what – 20? 30?).

Granted, seeing a knife-wielding Jodi Arias standing behind you in a mirror as you cough up blood would be truly terrifying... but just finding a letter from her in your mailbox would be pretty upsetting too. (The soundtrack skips from "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves to the "Psycho" screech... never a good sign.)

Sam, not having a key work has long been part of the lore of the Arias case on WS. Poster Becky Sharp, who still reads here occasionally, had her W key stop working. She substituted the letter V until she was able to get a new keyboard. Often you will see people post something like "Vov, Becky! Good to see you."

I have a "j" starting to stick too. My nephew is a computer guy and he said he would clean the board when he got down here. He lives on the other side of the city and doesn't come my way that often. I guess I will just keep using it until he gets here. He was the one that took all the malware and *advertiser censored* off my laptop. He installed an anti virus package and thoroughly went through the entire hard drive. He can now remotely fix my computer but the keyboard has to done hands on. I just love him, he is so good to me.

I like fiends so much better, and please know that I was not making fun of the misspelling, typos are not my forte'.

I was right there with you until you said you would blame a pizza guy for being a few minutes late. Pizza delivery guys, in addition to having less access to life's privileges, also don't have much control over the grand scheme of things that leads them to your door. They are at the end of the line. If they're a few minutes late, please cut them some slack and tip them a bit extra, with the understanding that whatever caused the delay in bringing you your food, it likely wasn't their fault. #don'tshootthemessenger/deliveryguy
I worded that wrong. I meant to say I wouldn't blame a defense attorney nor a pizza guy. My bad.

I'm still going to get Nurmi and Juan's books. I read both Baez and Ashton's. I like to compare the yin and the yang.

I will say that, while Nurmi isn't as charismatic as Baez, he seems to be a better person. The guy was affected by the case and is not championing Arias. Baez will go down in flames saying CA is innocent. Nurmi at least knows Arias is guilty. And yeah, he defended her. But as a defense attorney, it's his job. We need defense attorneys. I don't blame him as much as I would blame a pizza delivery guy for being a few minutes late.

Shrug.

Actually, I think it takes a special something to throw a client under the bus after trial ends, especially for no greater reason than for salving his own wounded ego. And an extra special something to savage both his client AND the murder victim in equal measure, calling his revenge on all the taking of the "high road" in the service of potential murderers and murder victims in toxic relationships.

But, VMMV.....

I like fiends so much better, and please know that I was not making fun of the misspelling, typos are not my forte'.

I realize you weren't making fun, I even laughed myself when you pointed it out. Of all the words to miss the r in, friends was the best in that situation. It was a perfect boo boo. LOL

(c) A lawyer who has formerly represented a client in a matter shall not thereafter:

(1) use information relating to the representation to the disadvantage of the former client except as these Rules would permit or require with respect to a client, or when the information has become generally known; or

(2) reveal information relating to the representation except as these Rules would permit or require with respect to a client.

(3) An attorney shall not use this document as the outline for their book.

Something I thought this morning when I was reading Nurmi's book via the glitch was how he complained about Jodi calling constantly wanting his attention. He said he wanted to hang up on her but didn't. He talked about how possessive she was, as if he was her boyfriend. I thought that would have been the perfect opportunity to empathize with Travis and what he had to endure, especially considering she wasn't locked up, but NO! But no. Only looking for the poor Nurmi angle.

See, I haven't read it. I need to see it for myself.

Didn't Jodi lose a/c privilege when she blabbed in an interview?

I read up thread that Heinous is involved in a criminal case, but no further info was given/available. Could the case involve Juror 17? Would jury tampering be considered a criminal case? TIA

AZL said recently (check legal thread) that jury tampering is a criminal offense, that if attorneys are suspected of being involved they would be investigated by the AG, not brought before the bar.

I've seen that rumor about the killer. Not sure how valid it is, but sure would be interesting if true and if it is connected to what Ahler is looking into. :)

Ohreally, it happened all at the same time basically. 8/11/2011 8/12/2011 and finished up the hearing on 08/15/2011, When the court ruled on all motions and reinstated Nurmi and Washington.
I am confused then why they were looking so intently at the magazine trying to find the hidden messages if they already knew about them.

Maybe Willmott put her "resignation" in??? Wouldn't she have to do that to be "completely" rid of the leech? If she is still listed as her attorney, the butcheress probably still bugs her. I dunno'. JMO

That'd be odd if she was listed as still representing her. She can't be her appeal attorney, her job ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenae