Bosma Murder Trial 02.08.16 - Day 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be possible CN was the driver and she plea bargained to not get charged with the murder by becoming a crown witness putting both DM and ME in the murder one charge... if my memory serves me right, CNN was not charged for quite awhile after.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
ABro. Is this not plausible?

That's a very good point. I think the pub ban plus the long wait to trial causes people's imaginations to run a little bit wild

I honestly don't get why everyone is so obsessed with plea bargaining.

In any kind of negotiation, both sides have to have something to potentially gain or there's no reason to negotiate.

This is even true on Law and Order. They plea bargain when they feel they have to, not on every single case.

I admittedly haven't caught up much today, but I think there's something along the lines of ...

--people are still invested in the idea of a third person (no don't know why)

--maybe it is CN and she cut a deal and that's why the info isn't getting brought up! Maybe there's other stuff prior to May 9.

--(insert legal ignorance here)

Etc.

(Not my thought process, I just think it's coming from the donut-driver crowd, with a pinch of "there's a lot we don't get told!" sentiment. And of course the schadenfreude of hoping someone really did roll on DM and cut a deal.)

(I'm sleepy, apologies any incoherence)

You're right and it has been brought up. I really don't think the date is completely relevant. The fact she is charged as an accessory is enough for me but that's JMO
We'll hear her exact role as it unfolds in court but I just have this nagging feeling she could be the third person they mentioned.
Personally I feel LE released the "third person" info right away, maybe calculated to say "look. We KNOW", because they knew it was fact from surveillance and then tried to sweep it under the rug so the public wouldn't panic when they arrested DM and MS.
They said there was no longer a threat to the public. That's because the two accused were arrested. They needed enough evidence to charge CN as accessory and that took more time because it wasn't as obvious. Since it came well after.
A lot of evidence and facts are withheld from the public in a murder investigation. LE I feel releases what they want when they want, and lets the public know only what they want us to and when. MOO

Or, how about after they got the facts, details, surveillance, they realized it was just the 2 of them. They don't just let people walk scott free for driving a getaway vehicle. Charges WOULD BE LAID. Or, if they still thought there was a 3rd person, they'd actively be looking for said person.

This is not her trial though. So why would we know this information at this point? I'm genuinely asking. Not challenging, you obviously have more experience than I :)

Happy to answer.

She's going to testify at this trial. If she had cut a plea deal, that would have to be included in the disclosure. The jury would have to know because it affects how they evaluate her testimony.

She can, however, still change her mind and plead guilty at any time, but that wouldn't mean she got a deal just that she changed her mind.

The May 9 date seems to be a sticking point in CN's involvement. Is it not possible CN did something that alerted LE to her which lead to her arrest that they could pin point on May 9. They needed solid evidence to charge her. She wasn't charged for almost an entire year later. Which tells me LE was building their case against DM and MS.
Now LE said early on they didn't know if the 3rd person was a man or woman. Once LE got ahold of CN I think that's when more started to unravel and the plea bargaining took place.
Why would they go back and add to these charges if they need CN to cooperate now?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

<modsnip> Plea bargains are not hidden from the public. They are not going to let anyone involved in this murder off, with no charges.

Welcome!
I read that as LE was telling the public she was cleared of being involved in the entire case, but evidence was found to disprove that.
Maybe that was to put her and DM at ease so they would let down their guard and spin out a trail of evidence..or was that just a happy coincidence?

As I said. I could care less about a plea bargain or not. Someone brought it up. IMO I think she's the third. The end :)

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

She was. Accessory after the fact. Helping him escape.

Exactly. I'm glad you understand what she was charged with. If police believe (and they don't) that she was there and drove the vehicle, she would have been charged. No super secret plea deals.

I know I would wear a hoodie if I was MS- it would assist in blocking the stares, head shakes and glances from DM. I keep thinking how unnerving those stares and gestures would be. IMHO, MS is showing a tremendous amount of control and respect by continuing to have respect for the Court, witnesses and Jury and keeping his vision forward. MOO

Maybe MS deserves to be getting looks and glares by DM. JMO

I just think there is something to today's evidence which put the Yukon and TBs truck pulling out together onto Book and the CN DNA... could it be possible thst ciggs butt was found on book rd that had DNA but female? So then LE started to determine who's DNA it could be hence rhe DNA cast off collection from CN.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Just to say, it hasn't been formally identified as being the Yukon. Thats not to say it wasn't.

I fully admit, I don't know how the law works when it comes to BIG TIME stuff like the charges in this case - plea deals - disclosure, etc. It's a lot to take in and keep straight. Some of it I understand, but some of it is rather complicated. And for whoever mentioned it earlier, publication bans really just muddy the waters even more (for me, anyway)

So I for one am really grateful for those posting here that DO know how it all works, and sharing your insight with the rest of us. It helps me form my opinions better and understand things better. So, thank you. :)

Exactly. I'm glad you understand what she was charged with. If police believe (and they don't) that she was there and drove the vehicle, she would have been charged. No super secret plea deals.

Thank you for your opinion. Respectly I have mine.
I have said repeatedly I dont care if there was a plea deal or not.
I think there was a third. As do some others I see, including a friend of TB.
Everyone is entitled to that. I'm sorry that's frustrating for you and some others.
I've been following and commenting here since TB went missing.
As have a lot of others. Theories and opinions have been all over the place.
We'll see how it unfolds.
I don't care if I'm right. I care about justice for Tim. Like I assume we all do. MOO

Also, as far as video evidence- on May 10th, Kavanaugh clarified the Brantford sighting of TB's truck- it's at around 17:44 .
K was asked by a reporter if they had an eyewitness accounting of the truck in Brantford- K corrects them and says they don't have an eye witness report, they have "information" and are working on getting a statement from that person.
https://youtu.be/-QQvNrsjgBk

For someone of MS's shifty means, I highly doubt he revalidated his DL. Insurance would be stratospherically high. Additionally..

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/safety/impaired-driving.shtml

lose your licence
have your vehicle impounded
need to pay an administrative monetary penalty
need to attend an education or treatment program
be fined upon conviction
be required to install an ignition interlock device in your vehicle
spend time in jail

Lots of money needed to get right with DMV and insurers.

Getting his license back doesn't involve insurance. It means going to Service Ontario and getting a new license, which was $10, it may be a bit more now.

Thank you for your opinion. Respectly I have mine.
I have said repeatedly I dont care if there was a plea deal or not.
I think there was a third. As do some others I see, including a friend of TB.
Everyone is entitled to that. I'm sorry that's frustrating for you and some others.
I've been following and commenting here since TB went missing.
As have a lot of others. Theories and opinions have been all over the place.
We'll see how it unfolds.
I don't care if I'm right. I care about justice for Tim. Like I assume we all do. MOO

I think when all is said and done, every bit of evidence, every witness testimony, all the cross exams, etc., we're all going to learn a few things we never knew before, and some of us will have been right about some things and stone cold wrong about others. Which really, won't matter one bit. What matters most is that justice is served here for Tim, and the Bosma family, and those who knew and loved him and miss him. (and those that never met him, but who's hearts break for the Bosma family anyway, for the brutal, senseless violence done to him).

I'd like to think we're ALL in agreement on that, amen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966