Bosma Murder Trial 02.10.16 - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we werer getting closer to exciting testimony from MB, CN, AM, SS and others but instead...well today has been brutal.

GSR evidence? DNA evidence? Dissecting phone records? Going to be LOTS of days like this.....the fact that we don't have a witness list in advance makes us all keep coming back......because one of these days it's bound to be something exciting....

attachment.php
Sorry I wish I could understand what you are saying. I am not an expert on latches. Any chance you post a pic to explain a little simply for me please?

Rear cargo trailer with Cam Locking system. Note, in order to close and latch the handle, both cam's (the locking system) must be engaged.

Attachments

• trailer1.jpg
    trailer1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 243
  • trailer2.jpg
    trailer2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 32
Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 1:47 PM
We're back in the courtroom now. Just waiting on Justice Goodman.

Re: the question about 2 different experts giving testimony from two different days about fingerprints - it seems as though they're going by a timeline of events and who was directly involved (and what they did) at each critical point. Different experts in the same field but involved on different days. Might even see more of that in the next 4 months (give or take).

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 1:48 PM
The jury isn't in yet. Can't report on anything until they're inside.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 1:50 PM
We're now in a brief recess again on a procedural matter.

Re: the question about 2 different experts giving testimony from two different days about fingerprints - it seems as though they're going by a timeline of events and who was directly involved (and what they did) at each critical point. Different experts in the same field but involved on different days. Might even see more of that in the next 4 months (give or take).

Okay I can wrap my head around the premise of doing it in the order of LE discovery...but that still seems like a disorganized way of doing it for the jury...JMO

Guess I'll just speak up again on behalf of the jury--that kind of experience is exhausting, and as AFAIK they are not allowed to do things as simple as check their phone/email or go to the restroom on their own schedule.

Most of us who have the luxury of sitting here watching the threads all day (whether in between working, keeping house, or other) have the far better end of the deal.

They're following it step by step. The dots will be connected by closing arguments on all sides. It's tedious, but most court cases are. Details, details. Not exciting at all, but necessary.

As to the frequent breaks, the judge decides. If he's looking at the yawns in the jury, it's time for one. Also, some people have medical conditions where they need these breaks. And lawyers have things to get organized, calls to make, etc. During these breaks.

Okay I can wrap my head around the premise of doing it in the order of LE discovery...but that still seems like a disorganized way of doing it for the jury...JMO

What is still confusing me though is....wouldn't they have discovered the finger print on the rearview mirror at the same time they found the one on the door? After the truck got to the facility in Tillsonburg? In my mind right now they have two fingerprints from the same truck being reviewed by two different LE personnel. That is what is causing my head to spin a bit.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 2:07 PM
We're now in a voir dire session with the jury out of the room. I still can't report on anything being said.

There are currently 105 users browsing this thread. (41 members and 64 guests)

Adam Carter
We're now in a voir dire session with the jury out of the room. I still can't report on anything being said.

I had to google what this meant ..
Voir Dire Definition: A mini-hearing held during a trial on the eligibility of prospective jurors or the admissibility of contested evidence.

You're right. LE messed up. Seems that the padlock was locked, but wasn't actually securing the back door. If you look at previous pics of trailers you can see how this could happen. It was unsecured for approx 2 minutes on a busy highway and the officer took her eyes off the back for some seconds because she was trying to get the towtruck driver's attention. So, possibly, during those few seconds, a man or woman with super powers could have planted a bunch of evidence against DM.

The problem here is that the door was locked when they found it in Klienburg. One would assume that he door had been properly latched by Millard as he'd had a long drive from the Hanger. I haven't heard any testimony to say that cops opened the back door of the trailer in Klienburg, only that they cut the existing lock, then put on a new lock and sealed it. So who unlatched the door? Did I miss something?

Adam Carter

just in case anyone else was wondering....

voir dire....

In the United Kingdom (except Scotland), Cyprus, Hong Kong, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada (and sometimes in the United States of America) it refers to a "trial within a trial". It is a hearing to determine the admissibility of evidence, or the competency of a witness or juror.[2] As the subject matter of the voir dire often relates to evidence, competence or other matters that may lead to bias on behalf of the jury, the jury may be removed from the court for the voir dire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voir_dire

any thoughts on what this is pertaining to specifically?

The first time the rearview mirror came up, I think they were trying to show that the person who test drove the truck adjusted the mirror, as any driver would.

I believe this will make chronological sense at some point. Every "t" must be crossed and every "I" dotted. I think multiple fingerprint analysts were used, because this is a case of murder, not just a vehicle theft, which happens multiple times every day.

just in case anyone else was wondering....

voir dire....

In the United Kingdom (except Scotland), Cyprus, Hong Kong, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada (and sometimes in the United States of America) it refers to a "trial within a trial". It is a hearing to determine the admissibility of evidence, or the competency of a witness or juror.[2] As the subject matter of the voir dire often relates to evidence, competence or other matters that may lead to bias on behalf of the jury, the jury may be removed from the court for the voir dire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voir_dire

any thoughts on what this is pertaining to specifically?

I found this .. so is an attorney trying to object to the next witness???

During trial, a voir dire may also, for example, be convened for an attorney to object to a prospective witness. The court would suspend the trial, immediately preside over a mini-hearing on the standing of the proposed witness, and then resume the trial with or without the witness, or with any restrictions placed on the testimony by the judge as a result of the voir dire ruling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member