Bosma Murder Trial 02.10.16 - Day 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if this trailer was equipped with a single fold down door (in which case, there would be 2 handles to latch into the cam) or duel doors which meet in the center requiring only one locking system? If duel doors, then the ramps would be necessary for loading of the truck.

Based on pictures of the back of the trailer as seen on a friend's fb, the trailer has two doors opening at the middle and what looks like a makeshift plywood ramp that folds down? We have to consider that as of the time of this murder, "employees" of DM were building another trailer so this one could also have been built by them. If there is a ramp that folds up before shutting the doors, I'd have to assume it would have come down on the highway before a box could fly out of the truck. I've heard nothing about that so the plywood ramp as seen in the photos is probably not hinged or was not there at the time that TB's truck was loaded into this trailer.

MOO

The problem here is that the door was locked when they found it in Klienburg. One would assume that he door had been properly latched by Millard as he'd had a long drive from the Hanger. I haven't heard any testimony to say that cops opened the back door of the trailer in Klienburg, only that they cut the existing lock, then put on a new lock and sealed it. So who unlatched the door? Did I miss something?

Refer to today's testimony (specifically the cross examination of Gibson by Pillay).....back door wasn't locked. Side doors were.

What is still confusing me though is....wouldn't they have discovered the finger print on the rearview mirror at the same time they found the one on the door? After the truck got to the facility in Tillsonburg? In my mind right now they have two fingerprints from the same truck being reviewed by two different LE personnel. That is what is causing my head to spin a bit.

Sounds to me from the way these prints are being described as something that would be found in a place people don't think about is that there are very few fingerprints that were lifted from this truck. Which would indicate to me that the truck was thoroughly wiped before it was put in that trailer. But a few places were not caught. And a few forensic people found a few odd prints in places that someone might not think about wiping?

MOO

Refer to today's testimony (specifically the cross examination of Gibson by Pillay).....back door wasn't locked. Side doors were.

But the doors were obviously latched properly you wouldn't you think?

Wasn't may 12 a Sunday? No rush hour on a Sunday. The towed it to stoney creek metro and the next day towed it to tilsonburg during rush hour IMO weird time to choose

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

and why not in the morning? TB had not been found yet..don't you think they would have been in a rush to find any evidence of him?

I'm thinking whoever parked that trailer put something in the garage before backing it up so tightly. In the rush, they may have forgotten to lock it up again, or misplaced the lock. After all, it was dark and they were in a hurry. If they misplaced the lock in the dark, would they bother to search for it, and rouse the neighbors' suspicions even more. It would have gone over bumps on its way to Kleinburg, so it must have been locked by "whoever".

Or maybe someone realized at the last minute that they had left something in an important box, so they unlocked the trailer, took it out (think GSR in magic box), and forgot to lock it up again. However, they knew it didn't matter, because no one could get into the back anyways.

Just an idea.

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 54m54 minutes ago
Waterloo airport general manager Chris Wood to testify at the Tim #Bosma murder trial when court resumes at 1:45 pm today.

I would ASSUME so....but we haven't heard testimony confirming or refuting it. The doors held from Kleinberg to Hamilton but during an ascent from Hamilton to Tillsonburg the latch get go. (presumably bc of shifting of cargo toward the back...bc of the climb....and this put pressure on the doors) Lots of assumptions...but this makes sense to me....

and why not in the morning? TB had not been found yet..don't you think they would have been in a rush to find any evidence of him?

Totally agree with you.....maybe took time to get a warrant? Can anyone with an LE background help out? How long would it take to get a warrant? (they could initially look for TB without a warrant bc of the possibility that he was in the trailer.....at this point though, they couldn't use that as a reason to search any further) MOO

There might have been a reason why DM wanted a new trailer built for the "car races". Perhaps that trailer had seen better days. And the testimony was that the lock broke and the door opened during it's last ride up a large hill during rush hour traffic where it would have been stop and go.

That trailer had already withstood two very long trips with a very large heavy truck and whatever else was in it, likely unsecured, on relatively flat highways during non rush hours times. Because it was sealed, no one could check the contents to make sure nothing had dangerously shifted that would allow this to happen. And because it appears the ramp was not there, I can see how easily this COULD happen under the circumstances. No one could have predicted that IMO.

MOO

Warrants take time. They need approval from a judge or justice of the peace. On a Sunday and Mother's Day, this might not have happened instantly. Also, the request for a warrant would have been written up painstakingly, as warrants are not granted frivolously.

This is an important case, handled with care. Nothing would have been rushed, in order to prevent mistakes and inadmissibility. It must have become apparent at some point that TB was no longer a missing person, but a deceased person, especially after he was not found in that truck.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 2:32 PM
Jury now being led back in.

Sounds to me from the way these prints are being described as something that would be found in a place people don't think about is that there are very few fingerprints that were lifted from this truck. Which would indicate to me that the truck was thoroughly wiped before it was put in that trailer. But a few places were not caught. And a few forensic people found a few odd prints in places that someone might not think about wiping?

MOO

Could be that exterior prints were done long before the interior, so different teams were involved. I assume when doing forensics on a truck its a matter of gently peeling back layers.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 2:35 PM
The next witness is Chris Wood. He was the general manager at the Waterloo airport back in 2013.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 2:36 PM
The airport does service to Chicago, Orlando, Cuba, etc. Also the largest flight training airport in Ontario, he says.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 2:36 PM
Millard Air was a tenant at the airport at that time, he says. They were in the largest hangar at the airport -- about 50,000 square feet.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 2:37 PM
Wood points out Millard in the courtroom.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 2:39 PM
On the 18th of June, 2013, Wood spoke to police. The police asked if there were any "airport politics" going on on May 7. Court previously heard testimony that Millard told his employees not to come in on May 7, 2013 because of "Airport politics." "There were no airport politics," Wood says. "There have never been a time when airport politics would have closed a businesses at the airport."

Totally agree with you.....maybe took time to get a warrant? Can anyone with an LE background help out? How long would it take to get a warrant? (they could initially look for TB without a warrant bc of the possibility that he was in the trailer.....at this point though, they couldn't use that as a reason to search any further) MOO

I believe Officer Gibson who was following the trailer to Tillsonburg had 2 warrants with him? So yeah, if they got the trailer late Sunday night, it may have taken some time on Monday to get the warrants issued?

MOO

I don't think there was any rush on the trailer evidence (other than finding Tim's truck). The search at the farm was taking place, so I trust they already knew that whatever existed in the trailer wasn't going to be bringing Tim back alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weskerwife