Bosma Murder Trial 02.10.16 - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed that link. Do you have it? I thought he just said he sealed the trailer, it could mean he sealed the door he entered (on side)
Tweet from Adam Carter at 10:17- Gibson's names were on the seals. FWIK, seals are used to go over an opening or lever to make sure no entry can happen without breaking the seal. IMHO, all access to this trailer would have been sealed by LE to secure the evidence and guard against any tampering. MOO

sy6phw.png

Lock and seal on back door

Thank you Kamille.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 12:01 PM
Now we're looking at two slides side by side - one is the left ring finger of Dellen Millard. The other is the print on the door of Bosma's truck.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 12:02 PM
Now, O'Rourke is showing how Millard's print was compared to the print found on the door.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 12:04 PM
A computer program was used to plot the corresponding features between the two prints.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 12:05 PM
There were 48 points of comparison between Millard's print and the one on Bosma's truck door, she says.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Print from truck door compared to left ring fingerprint of Dellen Millard. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Aug. 1, 2013 a fingerprint card done on Millard by @HamiltonPolice.

Nicole Martin ‏@nmartinCHCH 2m2 minutes ago
We are looking at 2 prints. One found on #TimBosma's driver side door and Dellen Millard's left ring finger. @CHCHNews

Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 1m1 minute ago Hamilton, Ontario
O'Rourke pointing out similarities in small details of two prints. @CHCHNews #Bosma #MillardSmich

sy6phw.png

Lock and seal on back door

So its a simple seal, not a locking seal. That padlock was obviously open or faulty. Surely a padlock that may have been used by the ones bringing trailer to Kleinburg should have been removed with gloves kept for fingerprinting. I wonder which padlock that is?

Question for the lefties.....with which hand do you open your vehicle door? Because I'm right handed I can't imagine using my left to open a door...we know (I forget how, but am taking for granted this is common knowledge now) that DM is left-handed.....just curious about how other lefties would open a door. TIA

Was the tail light of the trailer broken/light on the garage or both?

MB's house, although in a nice neighborhood, seems to have a front flowerbed overgrown with weeds and grass. I guess the landscaping company got paid to cut the grass only. The neighbor mentioned something about being willing to pay them himself to keep up the yard, if MB didn't. Keeping up appearances, and all that. Picky thing: bags of soil are piled up on the side of the garage. This tells me that MB tended her own flower beds. Professional landscapers might bring in bulk soil. So it seems MB had not been around for a while, or something (illness/injury?) was preventing her from doing this job that desperately needed doing. Gardeners like to look after their perennials in the spring. Snowbird?

Nicole Martin ‏@nmartinCHCH 1m1 minute ago
Millard takes notes as fingerprint expert O'Rourke compares his left ring finger to a print on the door of #TimBosma's truck @CHCHNews

So its a simple seal, not a locking seal. That padlock was obviously open or faulty. Surely a padlock that may have been used by the ones bringing trailer to Kleinburg should have been removed with gloves kept for fingerprinting. I wonder which padlock that is?

I took from the officer's testimony that the back door was not locked when it was found in MB's driveway.....it wasn't accessible bc of it's location so close to the garage door, but wasn't actually locked. Pillay mentioned this in his cross IIRC. Do you have a link stating otherwise?

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 12:06 PM
It's not enough for fingerprint experts to just talk about a match or not -- they have to show the jury how they compare prints. It's pretty in depth.

I just did a quick WS search for those discussing the date the trailer was moved from MB's home. This post would indicate it was towed May 12:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...on-Ontario-6-May-2013-1&p=9421104#post9421104

Isn't that just a posters claim? If the truck was towed from Kleinburg to Hamilton at night as the post suggests. That would make it improbable that the truck was towed from Hamilton to Tillsonburg at 6.10pm as officer Trowbridge alleges. JMO

Question for the lefties.....with which hand do you open your vehicle door? Because I'm right handed I can't imagine using my left to open a door...we know (I forget how, but am taking for granted this is common knowledge now) that DM is left-handed.....just curious about how other lefties would open a door. TIA

I'm not a leftie, but I almost always open my car door with my left hand, keys in my right to put in the ignition.

I just did a quick WS search for those discussing the date the trailer was moved from MB's home. This post would indicate it was towed May 12:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...on-Ontario-6-May-2013-1&p=9421104#post9421104

Absolutely agree it was moved from MB's house to Hamilton on May 12. The magic box incident happened on the way from Hamilton to Tillsonburg.....and current consensus seems to be that this was May 13, but I actually can't find that info....

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 12:08 PM
We're now being told about ridge endings on the prints and how they correspond between the two.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 12:10 PM
Smich is sitting watching this presentation straight ahead on a monitor. Millard is looking around the courtroom and at his co-accused.

Not a leftie, but the leftie in my life is quite ambidextrous. He uses either hand for most things, but always writes with his left hand. However, it's obvious that a lot of times he does things awkwardly when using his right hand. I think his fingerprints would smear more from doing this. FWIW.

I use my right hand for the key and left for opening the driver's side door on a car.

Can anyone comment on DM and MS demeanour today after hearing evidence of the trailer doors coming open and a box flying out? I have a feeling DM would find this amusing MOO

I think it might depend on which side you approach the vehicle. I'm right handed but when the vehicle is in the driveway it's on my left side as I approach from the front of the vehicle so I use my left hand to open the door. If I approach from the rear, the driver's side is on my right and I use my right hand to open the door. Maybe that's just me and I'm really strange? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966