Bosma Murder Trial 02.10.16 - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the lefties.....with which hand do you open your vehicle door? Because I'm right handed I can't imagine using my left to open a door...we know (I forget how, but am taking for granted this is common knowledge now) that DM is left-handed.....just curious about how other lefties would open a door. TIA

To contrast your approach to opening the door, I am a righty and only use my left hand to open my car door. That way I am clear of it as I open it. Can't imagine using my right to open the door. Funny how we all have our quirks.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 12:12 PM
Animation now showing all the points of comparison between the two sets of prints.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 12:13 PM
She says she's "satisfied" that the points matched in sequence on the two sets of prints.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 12:08 PM
We're now being told about ridge endings on the prints and how they correspond between the two.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 12:10 PM
Smich is sitting watching this presentation straight ahead on a monitor. Millard is looking around the courtroom and at his co-accused.

Evidence seems to make him nervous and he starts fidgeting? Staring down his co-accused to show the jury it's all his fault? Amateur move. I wish we had a body language expert in there reporting. LOL

MOO

Question for the lefties.....with which hand do you open your vehicle door? Because I'm right handed I can't imagine using my left to open a door...we know (I forget how, but am taking for granted this is common knowledge now) that DM is left-handed.....just curious about how other lefties would open a door. TIA

Both my Husband and my Father are left handed and use their left hand to open up all car doors.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 12:15 PM
"It is my opinion that the unknown impression on Tim Bosma's truck was authored by the left ring finger of Dellen Millard," she says.

Just to clarify, LE put the lock and seal on the back door of the trailer.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2h2 hours ago
Now under cross by Millard lawyer, officer agrees there was no lock on rear door of trailer. #Bosma

sy6phw.png

Lock and seal on back door. Looks like only one door on that trailer. Which is weird. The weight of that door would cause it to fly open if not really secure. I wonder if they built this one too?

Hopefully this adds some insight to the door opening....the above photo is similar to how my shed door works. The lock itself isn't locking the doors together, it is preventing the handle from being lifted. It is the lifting of the handle that moves the mechanism that latches the doors together. Just because the handle is in the down position and a lock is on it does not guarantee that the latch inside "took" so to speak. There have been a number of times I've looked into my yard to see my shed door open because I didn't latch it properly before locking. So while this door looks locked because there is a lock on it, it may not have been fully latched where it matters. MOO

Can anyone comment on DM and MS demeanour today after hearing evidence of the trailer doors coming open and a box flying out? I have a feeling DM would find this amusing MOO

I agree they may see this as a beacon of hope.....but would they not already have known about this because of discovery? Won't pretend to be anywhere near an expert on these things.....but I think that the Crown would have had to disclose this to the defense before trial. MOO

But with DM's typical antics in the courtroom I could see him doing a little jig when this was being testified to.....

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 12:16 PM
Millard's lawyer Ravin Pillay now cross examining.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 12:19 PM
“The location of this print is somebody is entering the driver side door to enter the vehicle, correct?” Pillay asks. She says yes, but says she couldn’t comment on the action they would take (ie: driving the truck or not).

Absolutely agree it was moved from MB's house to Hamilton on May 12. The magic box incident happened on the way from Hamilton to Tillsonburg.....and current consensus seems to be that this was May 13, but I actually can't find that info....

They do not appear to have tweeted the actual date the trailer was towed from Metro Transport in Hamilton to a forensic facility in Tillsonburg. :waitasec: Probably will be in the news articles later on. It was definitely not on the 12th as it arrived in Tillsonburg at 7:52pm. It had not left Kleinburg on the 12th by this time.

MOO

Just updating.

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
arrived at DM's mother's house at 6:21pm. the trailer, parked up against the house, was being guarded by York police. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Gibson brought 2 tow truck drivers w him from #HamOnt. Weren't sure what would be needed to tow such a large trailer. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Gibson put HPS seals over the man doors on the truck (that had been open by YRPS to check for #Bosma inside). Padlocked back doors.

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 59s59 seconds ago
Once the trailer could be moved, they took down the plate number off the back.#Bosma

Court seeing photos of the seals on the trailer doors

Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 2m2 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Gibson sealed the trailer door and put a pad lock on before trailer was towed. #Bosma @CHCHNews #MillardSmich

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Gibson tells court he placed seals on Millard's trailer to maintain security of evidence #MillardSmich #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Tow truck company takes trailer back to #HamOnt on May 12, 2013. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Gibson then went to speak to a neighbour who YRPS had advised had video footage from the night the trailer arrived. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
We're seeing photos of police seals on trailer doors. Gibson went to a home on Tinsmith Court to speak to homeowner about security video

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 12:19 PM
Jury now being excused for lunch break until 1:45 p.m.

Isn't that just a posters claim? If the truck was towed from Kleinburg to Hamilton at night as the post suggests. That would make it improbable that the truck was towed from Hamilton to Tillsonburg at 6.10pm as officer Trowbridge alleges. JMO

I was providing a quick link so posters would have a starting point to research for themselves.

FWIW, on the same date, there are the pics of the white truck removing the trailer from the driveway. HTH

Also FWIW, a left-handed friend who is not so ambidextrous says he has to make a conscious effort about opening doors.

And FWIW, our house has a door that swings open to the left, and a interior stairwell with the rail on the left as you go down. This was a conscious decision at the time of purchase. I'll be quiet now.

It's a box though, the truck didn't fly out.

I think it's more like 'look how careless they were with this trailer [and this box that held the secret for everything in the universe], they could be careless with all other evidence too'
Not my opinion, but if I try really hard I can sort of see where Pillay is going. But also not at the same time lol

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 10:25 AM
Moodie is now done with questions

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 10:25 AM
Millard's lawyer Ravin Pillay now cross examining.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 10:27 AM
There was no lock on the back of the trailer, Gibson says. "You could have opened it if you wanted to?" Pillay asks. Officer answers yes.

Just to clarify, LE put the lock and seal on the back door of the trailer.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2h2 hours ago
Now under cross by Millard lawyer, officer agrees there was no lock on rear door of trailer. #Bosma

They do not appear to have tweeted the actual date the trailer was towed from Metro Transport in Hamilton to a forensic facility in Tillsonburg. :waitasec: Probably will be in the news articles later on. It was definitely not on the 12th as it arrived in Tillsonburg at 7:52pm. It had not left Kleinburg on the 12th by this time.

MOO

Thank you for all the clarifications!!!! I can be a little detail oriented.

Nicole Martin ‏@nmartinCHCH 16m16 minutes ago
O'Rourke is showing how she found all of the comparisons between the two prints @CHCHNews #Bosma

Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 16m16 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Now O'Rourke going through fine details of both prints and showing consistent matches. @CHCHNews #Bosma #MillardSmich

Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 10m10 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
After comparison O'Rourke says "I was satisfied" that they were a match. @CHCHNews #Bosma #MillardSmich

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 10m10 minutes ago
Her conclusion was that print of #Bosma truck driver's door belonged to Dellen Millard.

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 10m10 minutes ago
She was satisfied they're a match. In her opinion, the truck print was "authored by" L ring finger of Dellen Millard. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 9m9 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
... That's analyst speak for a match #MillardSmich #Bosma

Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 8m8 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
O'Rourke says that in her opinion, the print taken from the drivers door of #Bosma truck is from Dellen #Millard. @CHCHNews

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 6m6 minutes ago
Pillay asks if this would be consistent w someone getting in driver's door to enter the truck? #Bosma

O'Rourke: it is consistent w touching the door, I can't comment on the actions they would take but yes, definitely touching the door. #Bosma

Dungey has no Qs. She is done. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
Jury now being excused for lunch break until 1:45 p.m. #HamOnt #TimBosma #Bosma

I'm thinking DM and CN parked the trailer and realized that there was only one lock on the back gate of the trailer but none for the side door. They decided to park the trailer up against the garage since there wasn't a lock on the back and moved the lock to the side. Maybe they went in and asked mom if she had an extra padlock first? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966