Bosma Murder Trial 03.01.16 - Day 17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. First post in this forum. I have been following the investigation since day 1 and the trial since it started this year. Very interesting indeed and you guys/gals sure bring up some interesting arguments and situations. IMO. Makes for interesting reading and thinking.

Anyways, I am confused on the DNA from the diesel bag found. I understand DM cannot be excluded, but on the blood stain found, was it reported as fact that DNA was not present or just that the DNA could not be compared to other DNA samples they had? Was it an old stain from, say 11 months prior.

Chilly night May 6th, driving down the highway with no passenger side window, one might want the heat on. MOO.

Thanks for giving me something, I appreciate that.

I was under the impression it was warm, which is why it was odd that MS was in a hoodie.

I wonder what else was found in the washer along with DM's man purse? Here's hoping DM forget to turn on the washer. Perhaps there was GSR found in his purse. MOO.

I'm guessing by what went on in court that it had indeed been washed. That was a large stain and would likely have yielded DNA if it hadn't been washed.

Hi all. First post in this forum. I have been following the investigation since day 1 and the trial since it started this year. Very interesting indeed and you guys/gals sure bring up some interesting arguments and situations. IMO. Makes for interesting reading and thinking.

Anyways, I am confused on the DNA from the diesel bag found. I understand DM cannot be excluded, but on the blood stain found, was it reported as fact that DNA was not present or just that the DNA could not be compared to other DNA samples they had? Was it an old stain from, say 11 months prior.

We'll never know because it was unusable. However, given the timing of the incident and the fact that it was found in a washing machine, its very likely to be TBs blood.

I'm guessing by what went on in court that it had indeed been washed. That was a large stain and would likely have yielded DNA if it hadn't been washed.

If it had been washed, would DM's DNA still be present?

Welcome lawstud :welcome:

It appears that they were able to find some DM DNA on the Diesel bag but the blood stain had insufficient DNA for a comparison to anyone.

At least that's how the tweets make it seem. It would be a combination of yesterday and today's tweets.

MOO

Craig Bazinga ‏@KCanadianCO
@susanclairmont @JehConnely does evidence from either side need to be presented to opposing sides prior to court day or surprise day of?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 7m7 minutes ago
Susan Clairmont Retweeted Craig Bazinga
Crown discloses everything far ahead of time. Not the case for defence. It's the Crown's case to prove.

@susanclairmont any speculation of Mallard or Smich will take the stand?

Susan ClairmontVerified account
‏@susanclairmont Susan Clairmont Retweeted Craig Bazinga
No.

@susanclairmont @JehConnely does evidence from either side need to be presented to opposing sides prior to court day or surprise day of?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 7m7 minutes ago
Susan Clairmont Retweeted Craig Bazinga
Crown discloses everything far ahead of time. Not the case for defence. It's the Crown's case to prove.

@susanclairmont any speculation of Mallard or Smich will take the stand?

‏@susanclairmont Susan Clairmont Retweeted Craig Bazinga
No.

LOL @ Mallard

Just to clarify, DM had $350 in cash in one pocket and the $3000 in another. Why were there two different amounts in different pocket? MOO.

That's when Sauve made a discovery in Millard's right front pocket: $350 in cash alongside three black latex gloves, court heard. The significance of the gloves hasn't been established.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/bosma-millard-arrested-at-gunpoint-1.3438856

And SC tweeted this today:
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2h2 hours ago
Helped search Millard during arrest. Left rear pocket Canada Trust envelope with 30 $50 bills and 15 $100 bills.

https://twitter.com/susanclairmont?lang=en

If it had been washed, would DM's DNA still be present?

I guess if he picked it up from the washer and then dropped it back in to rewash it and never got around to it? From the picture it seems as though the DNA was found on that orange plastic tag near the zipper? Or at least that's the only other place that's labelled and numbered in the picture.

6rijkm.jpg

MOO

I guess if he picked it up from the washer and then dropped it back in to rewash it and never got around to it? From the picture it seems as though the DNA was found on that orange plastic tag near the zipper? Or at least that's the only other place that's labelled and numbered in the picture.

6rijkm.jpg

MOO

Caught his finger in the zipper and lost some skin?

Now back in court. A short voir dire happening right now. Jury should be back in shortly.
by Adam Carter 2:24 PM

Louie Smith ‏@Thelouiesmith
@susanclairmont I'm still trying to figure out motive. Does the crown have to prove that also?

‏@susanclairmont Susan Clairmont Retweeted Louie Smith
The Crown does not have to prove motive.

Kayley O'Brien
‏@kayleyobrien
@susanclairmont Hi Susan. Been following along with you.Been great.Question:why is the jury excluded from legal discussions? #notlegalexpert

‏@susanclairmont Susan Clairmont Retweeted Kayley O'Brien
The jury can only consider the evidence the judge allows. Other evidence may be heard in legal arguments.

bumppy29 ‏@bumppy29 bumppy29 Retweeted Susan Clairmont
So in this case if the jury is not present what is the use of looking at other evidence if they cannot use it.

‏@susanclairmont Susan Clairmont Retweeted bumppy29
Because the judge is making a decision as to whether they can use it or not. That's the point of a voir dire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485