DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 15s16 seconds ago
Gets lawyer advice. Goes to police later and tells all. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 22s23 seconds ago
On May 31, 2013 he went with lawyer. Was taken into a room to give a video statement. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 12s13 seconds ago
Was fineness chance to review first statement, then gave 1 hour video statement. His lawyer just outside room. Daly not under arrest.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 10s11 seconds ago
Pillay: you knew you could leave anytime you wanted. You were there voluntarily.
Daly: correct. #Bosma

"You didn't have time to think about your options, fair?" Pillay says. Daly says that's true.
by Adam Carter 4:22 PM

"I didn't lie, but I didn't tell them everything I knew," Daly says.
by Adam Carter 4:22 PM

When Daly spoke to police a second time (after talking to his lawyer) he had a better understanding of the situation, he says.
by Adam Carter 4:24 PM

The second statement was an hourlong video statement with his lawyer just outside the room, he says.
by Adam Carter 4:25 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 37s38 seconds ago
He was told it was criminal offence to mislead police.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 49s49 seconds ago
Before statement, he was sworn (just like all witnesses are in court before taking the stand). #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 42s42 seconds ago
He was told it'd be a criminal offence to mislead police. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 36s36 seconds ago
The May 31 statement to police was an hour long, was videotaped and done in the presence of his lawyer #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 32s33 seconds ago
Pillay; I take it your intention that day was to come clean...you wanted to make it right.
Daly; yes. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 16s16 seconds ago
Daly says his intention was to come clean after he protected Smich in his first statement to police #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 19s20 seconds ago
Pillay: you obviously considered what you were going to tell police. Daly agrees. #Bosma

Apr 5 2016 1:27 PM
Daly says his intention that day was to come clean.

Twitter

Adam Carter

Apr 5 2016 1:26 PM
Investigators told him it would be a criminal offence to mislead police.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 20s20 seconds ago
He wanted to give police a truthful account.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 14s14 seconds ago
Daly agrees he didn't have a conversation about anything else in the week leading up to that. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3s4 seconds ago
Reviewed statement before court today. Has had it for months.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 12s13 seconds ago
He has since reviewed that police statement, he agrees. He agrees he has had a copy of it for months. #Bosma

Investigators told him it would be a criminal offence to mislead police.
by Adam Carter 4:26 PM

Daly says his intention that day was to come clean.
by Adam Carter 4:27 PM

Pillay now reading from the statement: "I remember him showing me a youtube video of the bullet that he had," Daly said.
by Adam Carter 4:30 PM

Daly now says he believes Smich said the bullets "we" had.
by Adam Carter 4:30 PM

Pillay pushes back and says that Daly's memory would have been better then than it is now.
by Adam Carter 4:31 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Back to YouTube video and Mark's gun in toolbox. On May 31 Daly said "I remember him showing me a YouTube video of the bullets he had."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
In that police statement Daly says "I remember him showing me a YouTube video of the bullets that he had." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Daly agrees he went back to police to "come clean" after first trying to protect #Smich

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Daly says "I think he said that 'we' had." Pillay says it says "he." Daly agrees it does. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 34s34 seconds ago
This would've been after May 10 and before May 22, Pillay says. Daly agrees. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 30s30 seconds ago
Statement said "bullets he had." Now says he thinks he said "we had."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 32s33 seconds ago
Pillay has more to go but we are breaking now due to the time. Back tomorrow at 10 am. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10s11 seconds ago
Jury done for the day. Back at 10 am. #Bosma

So Smich's gun and Smich says he F'd up over and over...so what's everyone's theory now? IMO I think Smich shot TB after hearing this testimony. Why could they not pull off the cell record's from Daly's phone even after Smich deleted them?

Pretty disrespectful to draw this out ....... witness having to return tomorrow. He may be missing school time and/or job time unnecessarily given the 'glacial' pace of Pillay.

We're now finishing up for the day, but Pillay isn't finished. His cross examination continues tomorrow.
by Adam Carter 4:32 PM

So Smich's gun and Smich says he F'd up over and over...so what's everyone's theory now? IMO I think Smich shot TB after hearing this testimony. Why could they not pull off the cell record's from Daly's phone even after Smich deleted them?

bbm: true remorse?? or could it be he realizes that there is ''no out''

Pretty disrespectful to draw this out ....... witness having to return tomorrow. He may be missing school time and/or job time unnecessarily given the 'glacial' pace of Pillay.

He only got a little more than 30 minutes to cross exam today and there is still the other defense team to cross so I think him coming back was a given. JMO

If there is one thing I've learned following this court case, it's that there's a TON of stuff none of us even knew, no matter how closely we followed before the trial. For all we know, a search warrant was issued for Daly's phone (and I cannot think of a single reason it wouldn't have been since LE knew MS was using it to make contact with people after Tim's murder), and every text/call investigated the same as with the Bate phone and other phones these two losers were using.

DM went to a lot of trouble and risk to cover up one of his minions F' ups. It does sound like MS may have been the trigger man. If he was and there are two guns, DM should be turning his in. It would prove that his gun didn't fire the spent casing found in the back of the truck.

I think we may possibly be oscillating over the next week on who the actual shooter was. At this point in the trial, both deserve serious time.

MOO

Wondering if the plan was to car jack TB's truck at gun point. Leave TB by the side of the road, and squeal off in his truck. Since gun safety doesn't seem like a priority to either of these two, maybe MS pulled the trigger by accident. Still doesn't explain the incinerator.

bbm: true remorse?? or could it be he realizes that there is ''no out''

Seems like true remorse IMO, the reason I say this is because of the way he reacted to having the gun in the house. Without finding the actual tweet it was something like "He couldn't stay in the same house, knowing the gun was there too."
Daly says he[MS] had concerns about being in the same location as the gun.
by Adam Carter 2:56 PM
It was haunting him already..

He only got a little more than 30 minutes to cross exam today and there is still the other defense team to cross so I think him coming back was a given. JMO

correct and if Pillay can reduce his face to face time w/judiciary he'd have more time for cross

MOO - I think we are getting to the "Meat and Potatoes" of the case finally. In the last 2 days we have learned alot of details that we had not known, I suspect there is alot more to come. I believe MM and CN will be the last 2 from the Crown. Regarding Daly's cell records, If they had them? why not present them today? Things that make you go "hummm.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18