Bosma Murder Trial 04.14.16 - Day 35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 24s24 seconds ago
Incoming messages include "yo it's Mark, you home" and "holy **** through (sic) you die or something" "I was going ****ing crazy!" #Bosma

Wonder why MM would have cause to worry about MS 'dying' just because she couldn't get ahold of him overnight, when normal people are sleeping?

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
On to messages from May 9, 2013. Incoming. 5:24 pm. Hey.
(Pic of necklace and earrings. ) You like? For your mom. Mark!

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 48s49 seconds ago
Now texts from May 9. Includes text at 6:13 p.m. Incoming that says "Mark!" #bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 40s40 seconds ago
Now 4 incoming messages from May 9:
"hey"
"(photo sent of earrings and a necklace)"
"you like? For your mom"
"Mark!"
#Bosma

Wonder why MM would have cause to worry about MS 'dying' just because she couldn't get ahold of him overnight, when normal people are sleeping?

Probably because he told her about the planned 'mission' on that night. Said it was gonna be cake and take an hour or two. Didn't go as planned, they had to do whatever they did and she freaked out when she didnt hear from him.

Now incoming messages from what the Crown alleges is Smich's girlfriend's phone: "Hey," and then a photo. "You like? For your mom." And then another message incoming message: "Mark!"
by Adam Carter 3:30 PM

The Crown is doing this in an attempt to a) show the iPad belongs to Smich and to b) show conversations they allege are between Smich and Millard or Smich and his girlfriend.
by Adam Carter 3:33 PM

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 41s41 seconds ago
Texts from May 9. 7 am. You awake? K you ima shower now fast, let me kno how the time frame is lookin. Outgoing message -- eta 12:15

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 23s23 seconds ago
Then 4 more messages from May 9.

1. You awake (outgoing)
2. K yo ima shower now fast, let me kno how the time frame is lookin (outgoing)

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 27s27 seconds ago
3. Eta 12:15 (incoming)
4. Ok (outgoing)
#Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 24s25 seconds ago
More texts May 9. 3:05 a.m. Outgoing: You awake? 11:38 a.m. Outgoing: K yo ima shower now fast, let me kno how the time frame is lookin

I guess these people just all intentionally disabled autocorrect on their devices because it would have made them look too literate?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 50s51 seconds ago
Yes, it will be up to the jury to make the connections with evidence they've already heard.

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 38s39 seconds ago
Millard and Smich displaying no emotion through display of text messages -- many of which were deleted

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 42s42 seconds ago
Now seeing 5 message logs that appear blank from May 10. This contact is with phone number prev linked to Dellen Millard. #Bosma

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 16s16 seconds ago
Reminder: Millard Yukon picked up Marlena Meneses on May 7 just before 8 a.m.

Court also seeing records from the iPad to Millard's phone from the day Millard was arrested. No messages recovered.
by Adam Carter 3:37 PM

Several messages were sent from the iPad to Millard's phone that day.
by Adam Carter 3:38 PM

Now seeing three messages sent from the iPad on May 16: "Yo what's good. I can't talk too much over phones and stuff. Link up if u come down here."
by Adam Carter 3:38 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 48s49 seconds ago
On May 10, 2013 a series of outgoing messages from IPad to Millard's phone. Can't see messages on this document, only the times. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 25s25 seconds ago
Now seeing 3 outgoing messages from iPad May 16, 2013.
1."Yo what's good"
2."I can't talk too much over phones and stuff" #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 12s12 seconds ago
May 16, three outgoing messages from iPad to same phone number. At 12:19 p.m.: "I can't talk too much over phones and stuff." #bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 6s6 seconds ago
May 16, 2013, message says "I can't talk too much over phones and stuff."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 31s31 seconds ago
3. "link up if u come down here"
#Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Now messages from May 18. This exchange is with same number that those last messages were sent to. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Because each device data set is being entered via a different witness.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 39s39 seconds ago
May 18, 2013. Yo. Meet up now. Link back. Jury has heard "link" means "call"

I don't think they did a very good job of presenting this..why would they not have made a powerpoint presentation of all the phones together lining up who called who rather than tell the jury it will make better sense when they show the other phones..way to confusing. Similar to the way they did the phone pings and tower presentation.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 22s22 seconds ago
This exchange takes place around 7:40pm on May 18. They are discussing a meet-up. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 31s31 seconds ago
Messages are between #Smich ipad and one other number. I'll be at kerr and speers. No phone. Or il be back at home around 9...

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 24s24 seconds ago
From iPad "I'll be at Kerr and Speers" "or I'll be back at home around 9" #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 13s13 seconds ago
Also from iPad " go to shoppers and calm Marlena." Incoming from phone: "alright" #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 17s18 seconds ago
"...Go to shoppers and call marlena. Do u have her number?" #TimBosma

Now seeing messages from May 18. It's a conversation between the iPad and a phone number about meeting up.
by Adam Carter 3:43 PM

One of the messages in this exchange says "go to shoppers and call Marlena."
by Adam Carter 3:45 PM

I'm assuming it's MS texting BD or Arthur?

I don't think they did a very good job of presenting this..why would they not have made a powerpoint presentation of all the phones together lining up who called who rather than tell the jury it will make better sense when they show the other phones..way to confusing. Similar to the way they did the phone pings and tower presentation.

I agree, this really is awful and does nothing.

agree this is confusing.....I'm hoping our own resident timeline expert can make some sense of it and share with the class.....

Maybe because there is no way to 100% prove who was on either end of the message?

They have to both make the case that this was MS's phone (by content) and present what was found on that phone alone, first.

Then I guess they will present the DM phone, and THEN a presentation that links that conversations between the two, IMO.

MS's iPad and DM's phone may have had so much data that they had to be analyzed by different people. So each person will have to present their findings. I am guessing it will be shown as a complete conversation when the next forensic witness comes up.

It seems like on cell phones, they can pull the contact into and deleted texts. The iPad seems like once you delete a contact, it can't be determined who that contact was at all. So that might be half the problem with what this person found. I'm assuming all these disjointed conversations will show up as complete conversations through DM's phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member