Bosma Murder Trial 04.19.16 - Day 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree 100%. MWJ was more likely in the business of selling easily concealed weapons, as recent evidence showed.
Interesting though, just this week, a person was assassinated in Toronto with a sniper shot - long gun from a distance, and believed to be gang and drug related hit...

bbm Just to clarify, that person was killed by a sniper last October, not this week. LE just announced this week they are now looking for a suspected sniper in the case. HTH.

"This week, police announced the homicide had become a “national” investigation and set up a hashtag, #CatchTheSniper, with hopes the public could provide information for investigators."

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2016/04/19/police-expand-investigation-into-man-shot-by-sniper-on-kingston-rd.html

All MOO.

In regard to MB, I haven't really known what to think. I thought I had read at the time, that MB was out of town/not home during the time when the truck showed up at her residence, and during the time after that, and prior to DM's arrest (I guess there was just a couple of days in there, correct?). A neighbour had said she had hadn't been seen since.... I forget when..

Now we find out she was THERE, and even saw DM on the night he delivered the trailer to her home. So she knew full well that it was there, no question about that... and we also know that she and CN went to fetch DM's dog, Pedo, on, I believe it was May 11th? We know that MS knew about DM's arrest on the evening of May 10th, so we can only assume that MB also knew her son had been arrested.. for what? The theft of a truck, and forcible confinement? Wow, and here she had this big mother trailer's 'bum stuck in her warren', and apparently did not report it to LE? Nothing to say she knew anything about a 'murder', but certainly doesn't sound like she had any intention of coming forward to assist police.

It did not surprise me that MB was collecting a salary of whatever amount each month from the Millard business. It would not surprise me if that was already in effect before WM died. When the couple split up, MB would have been entitled to part of his wealth, his properties, and his business(es). I never got the impression that their split-up was fraught with acrimonious feelings. Moo.

Once DM was arrested, it seemed that MB was in there RIGHT AWAY to take care of business in a manner that made perfect sense at the time, now that we know how shaky the financial affairs of DM and MA were. I am left with the impression that she likely tried to counsel him on how best to deal with these things, but he likely wouldn't listen, went along doing his own thing, nevermind what anyone else with perhaps more intelligence and business sense may have thought. (The accounting firm used by WM for years, 'let DM down', I wonder why, can we guess?). Suddenly she seemed to have NO problem leasing out hangar space, selling the properties which must have NEEDED to be sold to pay off debts, dealing with getting out of a 50 year lease, selling the hangar that was sucking them dry, cutting their losses, trying to support her son when he is in trouble (unwarranted of course, it was as if they had said he flew to the moon), negotiating legal fees and strategies, etc.

She sounds like one smart lady to me, albeit one that seemed to have the wool pulled over her eyes by her only (adult) child. She cut ties with LW2, who according to the impression of texts I saw yesterday, hadn't handled the condo deal properly (according to DM). She made good on DM's various commitments to others such as SS and LW2.. to me, MB was living in fantasy land, thinking her son was highly intelligent, organized, had great ideas and plans, and perhaps was so smitten with her child that she believed everything DM said to her. He probably told her that the trailer was in her driveway with the truck inside because he purchased it and didn't realize it was 'hot'. Still it doesn't look good on her at all that she failed to bring it to LE's attention. At the same time, it's difficult to judge her when we don't know what the circumstances were for *her* at that time, as far as what she believed to be true.

MOO

I get the feeling that the night DM dropped the trailer he did not even mention it to MB. He may not have said more than hello and left. She spots it the next morning and questions him about it via text. I believe that was the day that the "Ambition" tattoo info hit the news. My guess is that when MB heard that on the news she put two and two together and decided to get out of dodge. That would likely have been when she sent the worried texts to DM. Possibly she went to stay with her brother or a boyfriend because she knew that the $hit was going to eventually hit the fan and there was a big chance that a lot of that $hit was parked in her driveway.

Call me ignorant on this subject... but the way that someone explained it to me a few months ago, was that the main ingredient that causes the 'high' in marijuana gets removed in the 'medicinal' variety, and so the user gets the pain dealt with without the high. If that was true, then why would so many people want to get scripts. I'm assuming that it does still provide some kind of high? I have also heard that scripts aren't that difficult to get. I was wondering about the financial difference between medicinal and street-pot.. but I guess if someone is on some kind of social assistance, all of their meds are covered anyway? Sweet deal, I guess?

No, medicinal and street marijuana both get you high. THC and CBD are the main active ingredients and those are present in both street and medical marijuana. Both street and medical marijuana are bred and grown for their THC and CBD content.

Marijuana is not paid for by social assistance, at least not under the Ontario Drug Benefit here.

Call me ignorant on this subject... but the way that someone explained it to me a few months ago, was that the main ingredient that causes the 'high' in marijuana gets removed in the 'medicinal' variety, and so the user gets the pain dealt with without the high. If that was true, then why would so many people want to get scripts. I'm assuming that it does still provide some kind of high? I have also heard that scripts aren't that difficult to get. I was wondering about the financial difference between medicinal and street-pot.. but I guess if someone is on some kind of social assistance, all of their meds are covered anyway? Sweet deal, I guess?

Seems to me THC is the active ingredient that reduces pain. To remove it would make little sense.

In regard to MB, I haven't really known what to think. I thought I had read at the time, that MB was out of town/not home during the time when the truck showed up at her residence, and during the time after that, and prior to DM's arrest (I guess there was just a couple of days in there, correct?). A neighbour had said she had hadn't been seen since.... I forget when..

Now we find out she was THERE, and even saw DM on the night he delivered the trailer to her home.

Actually, I don't think we do know she was there and saw DM when the trailer was delivered. This is just an assumption a lot of people have made. Yes, she asks her son why he was in such a hurry but she could have been referring to a rushed phone conversation. My interpretation is she discovers the trailer Friday morning and then texts him the Pooh message.

A lot of WSers have been ragging (unfairly I think) on the media of late so I wanted to take this opportunity to point out how misinformation happens. I don't believe the media has reported she was at home.

That said, I have no idea if MB was home. I'm just presenting an interpretation that I think better fits the evidence so far.

Why buy something that doesn't get you high?

Another, "just because there is no proof doesn't mean it didn't happen" false argument.

Just for the record, I have never used methadone or unprescribed drugs to earn me a methadone pass.
It gets you an opioid high! Years ago it use to come in a bottle like cough syrup. That changed to clinics as those people were selling their prescriptions. Now people spit it out when they leave the clinic and sell to others in want of it. This is a fact I learned through mental heath professionals that deal with this stuff. So if there is no high, why do people still want it and willing to ingest other people's spit to get it?

Here is a great list of what methadone can do/cause. Personally it doesn't sound appealing me.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methadone

Just for the record, I have never used methadone or unprescribed drugs to earn me a methadone pass.
It gets you an opioid high! Years ago it use to come in a bottle like cough syrup. That changed to clinics as those people were selling their prescriptions. Now people spit it out when they leave the clinic and sell to others in want of it. This is a fact I learned through mental heath professionals that deal with this stuff. So if there is no high, why do people still want it and willing to ingest other people's spit to get it?

Here is a great list of what methadone can do/cause. Personally it doesn't sound appealing me.

It prevents withdrawal, which is nasty with opiods (sweating, kicking, hallucinations, vomiting, etc.) If it's all you can get, it's better than nothing.

From what I understand Methadone is very similar to heroin but with lesser addictive properties. So a heavily addicted heroin addict will switch to Methadone then try and kick that.

Question for ABro:

Is there a good chance we may be waiting awhile to hear some of the legal arguments after the trial? i am just wondering, if some of the evidence that has not been allowed correspond with other cases as well, and therefore some of the arguments will still be under publication ban even after the trial....

What do you think would have caused them to expect an "all-nighter" Do the hours without damage to the truck equal an all nighter in their sick minds? Or do you think they did expected that as well? I can not believe people like them exist and the pic of the girl counting $ beside MW disturbs me greatly. HOW can that be desired by ANYONE--unreal!!!

Running the incinerator and subsequent cleaning of it after it cooled down would have been sufficient reason to expect an all nighter IMO.
If it had gone according to plan and they had prepped it for painting, I can't imagine the paint shop not getting suspicious of a black truck matching the one on the news, with VIN intact showing up for repainting. I like to think the paint shop would have alerted authorities.

From what I understand Methadone is very similar to heroin but with lesser addictive properties. So a heavily addicted heroin addict will switch to Methadone then try and kick that.

The principal effects of methadone maintenance are to relieve narcotic craving, suppress the abstinence syndrome, and block the euphoric effects associated with opiates.

Running the incinerator and subsequent cleaning of it after it cooled down would have Ben sufficient reason to expect an all nighters IMO.

Maybe they started cleaning and dismantling the truck as well? Somehow I get the feeling they did that on the 7th but who knows?

Running the incinerator and subsequent cleaning of it after it cooled down would have been sufficient reason to expect an all nighter IMO.
If it had gone according to plan and they had prepped it for painting, I can't imagine the paint shop not getting suspicious of a black truck matching the one on the news, with VIN intact showing up for repainting. I like to think the paint shop would have alerted authorities.

Your post made me wonder if the white spray paint was actually intended for the interior of the incinerator rather than TB's truck as a possible way to cover up the evidence? I have no idea if that's even possible or what type of surface is on the interior of the incinerator, IMO. Could it be painted?

All MOO.

It's not used just for pain.

I have a friend with terminal brain cancer. She has seizures and her seizure medication makes her almost comatose. She did some research and talked to her Oncologist who was "very" onboard with prescribing medicinal marijuana for her.

I can tell you that although they say the "high" is removed it is not entirely removed. It's a different type of high. It's more of a body "stone" than a head "high" is how it was described to me.

The other thing is that it is expensive! It's cheaper to buy it on the street than get a script. I was shocked at the cost.

Your post made me wonder if the white spray paint was actually intended for the interior of the incinerator rather than TB's truck as a possible way to cover up the evidence? I have no idea if that's even possible or what type of surface is on the interior of the incinerator, IMO. Could it be painted?

All MOO.

If an investigation was at the point where LE knew enough to look into the incinerator, and they found it freshly painted, I would think that that would be as incriminating as finding what they did find. The paint would not withstand the temps of the incinerator, and so it would be so obvious that the paint job was an attempt to conceal something. I'm still holding out for some kind of revelation from one of the remaining witnesses, which will kind of pull everything together, ie, the hoses, the Riverside bathroom, the white paint... but who knows. moo

Correct me if I am wrong, but with respect to this case, I feel we cannot leave any stone unturned. If WS folks are busy turning stones its because its the very fact, that all through DM's life, stones were LEFT unturned allowing him to get this far down his criminal path. I think if alot of facts were followed up upon many years ago this guy would have been behind bars already and TB would still be around for his family. There have been too many blind eyes and 'oh it couldn't possibly be him'. He is so rich and honourable and doesn't hide anything blah blah blah... Excusing a wealthy person from being a suspect shows our bias to finding the rich less likely to break the law when we really should be simply looking at facts and exclude all possible prejudice. I guess his earlier quote about everything being in plain sight is valid, everyone just had enough bias and blind eye syndrome to ignore the facts.

Sad case indeed.

It's not used just for pain.

I have a friend with terminal brain cancer. She has seizures and her seizure medication makes her almost comatose. She did some research and talked to her Oncologist who was "very" onboard with prescribing medicinal marijuana for her.

I can tell you that although they say the "high" is removed it is not entirely removed. It's a different type of high. It's more of a body "stone" than a head "high" is how it was described to me.

The other thing is that it is expensive! It's cheaper to buy it on the street than get a script. I was shocked at the cost.

Medical marijuana tends to be lower in THC than street marijuana, but it will still get you high. E.g., a medical product may be 18% THC and a street product, 25%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader