Bosma Murder Trial 04.19.16 - Day 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were the gun sale texts only discovered since the beginning of the trial? It seemed like Falconer found the info recently but maybe I'm misunderstanding.

Were the gun sale texts only discovered since the beginning of the trial? It seemed like Falconer found the info recently but maybe I'm misunderstanding.

IMO, it was done on purpose. Let his friends get up and testify first that "DM would never have a gun", "DM never showed interest in guns". Then boom, show the texts that he in fact had bought a gun and asked for lessons on how to use it.

It lets the Crown have the last word on that. If the showed it first and then had the friends say he never had guns it may have muddled it in the jury's mind.

Which tweets led you to believe that? Just asking, not challenging your train of thought.....lol. I was in and out during testimony yesterday (and I am obviously too lazy to search around myself).

My understanding from the tweets was she knew about a mission but that doesn't mean she knew details of what the mission was. IMO

Medical marijuana tends to be lower in THC than street marijuana, but it will still get you high. E.g., a medical product may be 18% THC and a street product, 25%.

Sorry, off topic, but I am wondering how the law will deal with commercial drivers who have a condition for which they have been prescribed medical marijuana... will they be allowed to drive their transport trucks and other heavy equipment on public roadways while being medicated, as long as it is for 'medicinal purposes'? I'm not sure the transportation regulations have kept up with medicine. Just curious.

Which tweets led you to believe that? Just asking, not challenging your train of thought.....lol. I was in and out during testimony yesterday (and I am obviously too lazy to search around myself).

So if no more evidence is presented about the hose, is it just left to the jury's imagination what it was for? Or maybe CN will be asked about it? It seems strange to leave it as a dangling piece of evidence.

They also showed the tweet about the cans of paint, so I think there will be more revealed about both.IMO

Just off the cuff, no evidence at all, maybe the paint was payment to go with the $3,000 or whatever to pay off one of those graffiti artist gangsters who did something for him. "I'll take 10 cans of paints for the deed please." IMO wild guess.

Question, so SC said there are 3 witnesses left but could it be only 3 new witnesses left, however some others may be recalled also?

For example, the officer that previously testified about what he found in CN's room may come back to explain the letters. Or another one may come back to explain the hose?

MOO, as a few reporters have said the Crown has a few weeks left before they are done. I can't see 3 people eating up a few weeks.

At the beginning of the week SC tweeted that there were "two weeks-ish left" for the crown. Seeing that AM took up the better part of three days, the final three witnesses could very well take us to end of next week, possibly early the following week.

Sorry, off topic, but I am wondering how the law will deal with commercial drivers who have a condition for which they have been prescribed medical marijuana... will they be allowed to drive their transport trucks and other heavy equipment on public roadways while being medicated, as long as it is for 'medicinal purposes'? I'm not sure the transportation regulations have kept up with medicine. Just curious.

You can't drive impaired. Street/recreational marijuana may be stronger than what you can mail-order from Health Canada but both contain the same chemicals/drugs and create the same effects on you. Right now you'd get an impaired driving charge and I don't know why that would change.

The Conservatives have raised concerns about marijuana in the workplace and with driving under the influence of marijuana. http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/marijuana-legislation-coming-next-spring-feds-1.2867004

Researchers in Canada are developing marijuana breathalyzers in anticipation of need: http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/ubc-professor-develops-marijuana-breathalyzer-1.2867706

It's really not going to be a free-for-all. I'm sure the 1 lb pot DM had would still be a criminal amount. It's just too much for one person at one time IMO. IMO.

Scott Thompson had a guest on today around 1:45pm. The guy is not a psychologist by he's one of the stations experts that gets called in periodically. http://www.yoursocialworker.com The conversation turned to DM and MS- Direnfield summed it up nicely. "DM is coming across as a heinous psychopath" and goes onto say that he believes DM and PB are cut from the same cloth, no sense of the wellbeing of others, that people are there to serve them, narcissistic to the max.

He also points out that PB was sexually driven whereas DM is driven by power and control over his subordinates.
When asked by Scott Thompson why the difference in the demeanours of MS and DM in court, Direnfield points out that he feels MS is (or has) come to the conclusion that he's an idiot who's now realizing that he got "sucked into the vortex of a narcissistic psychopath" and not only is he in way over his head- it's going to get chopped off. Whereas, since DM is such a psychopath, he believes he knows more than everyone around him. DM is the puppeteer and MS was his puppet. When asked about why the others would fall in behind DM, Direnfield believes that it was a combination of fear and charisma- going onto say that in all likelihood, the followers all had some form of issue that DM was able to take advantage of. Very interesting soundbite. It's at 44 mins into the April 20, 1 pm soundbite. http://www.900chml.com/audio/

Scott Thompson had a guest on today around 1:45pm. The guy is not a psychologist by he's one of the stations experts that gets called in periodically. http://www.yoursocialworker.com The conversation turned to DM and MS- Direnfield summed it up nicely. "DM is coming across as a heinous psychopath" and goes onto say that he believes DM and PB are cut from the same cloth, no sense of the wellbeing of others, that people are there to serve them, narcissistic to the max.

He also points out that PB was sexually driven whereas DM is driven by power and control over his subordinates.
When asked by Scott Thompson why the difference in the demeanours of MS and DM in court, Direnfield points out that he feels MS is (or has) come to the conclusion that he's an idiot who's now realizing that he got "sucked into the vortex of a narcissistic psychopath" and not only is he in way over his head- it's going to get chopped off. Whereas, since DM is such a psychopath, he believes he knows more than everyone around him. DM is the puppeteer and MS was his puppet. When asked about why the others would fall in behind DM, Direnfield believes that it was a combination of fear and charisma- going onto say that in all likelihood, the followers all had some form of issue that DM was able to take advantage of. Very interesting soundbite. It's at 44 mins into the April 20, 1 pm soundbite. http://www.900chml.com/audio/

This makes total sense. I can't help but wonder how different the lives of MS, AM, MH, CN and of course LB would have been had the not befriended DM. The majority likely would never have done anything criminal. MS was a small time criminal at best. Hard to say if he would have escalated to murder all on his own.

The jury had a day off while lawyers squared off in court for legal arguments in the Tim Bosma murder trial today. We can’t report what happens when the jury isn’t there but Lisa Hepfner has been covering this case every day and has more on the recent evidence that has come to light.

New CHCH news coverage.

http://www.chch.com/bosma-day-39/

are the accused in the courtroom for legal arguments?

Yeah but if PB is cut from the same cloth (he went on...) then PB was the puppeteer and KH was the puppet.

Re: MS, "He's an idiot, and he realizes to some degree, OMG, I have been sucked into the vortex of of this narcissistic psychopath and I'm in over my head and it's going to be chopped off."

Naw, I think MS thought, "I'm *advertiser censored**ed".

I feel like I've just made a trip to the Psychic Fair.

Actually, I don't think we do know she was there and saw DM when the trailer was delivered. This is just an assumption a lot of people have made. Yes, she asks her son why he was in such a hurry but she could have been referring to a rushed phone conversation. My interpretation is she discovers the trailer Friday morning and then texts him the Pooh message.

A lot of WSers have been ragging (unfairly I think) on the media of late so I wanted to take this opportunity to point out how misinformation happens. I don't believe the media has reported she was at home.

That said, I have no idea if MB was home. I'm just presenting an interpretation that I think better fits the evidence so far.

Thinking back to the early days of this case a news reporter was talking to a neighbor of DM's mom and he made the comment she had not been around for the past week so that is where the ""rumor"" originated from .... the same neighbor said he had only seen DM there once or twice in 10 years.

Anyway , I agree , we pick up those bits of info here and there and then they take on a life of their own and get stated as facts.

The jury had a day off while lawyers squared off in court for legal arguments in the Tim Bosma murder trial today. We can’t report what happens when the jury isn’t there but Lisa Hepfner has been covering this case every day and has more on the recent evidence that has come to light.

New CHCH news coverage.

hmmmm recent evidence....did someone discover more texts, videos? Did someone change their story????

New CHCH news coverage.

Well that's that. Juice means "alcohol". Watch it just so you know that ;)

hmmmm recent evidence....did someone discover more texts, videos? Did someone change their story????
I think they are just referring to the evidence that has become public from the court room.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how early most have been lining up this week to attend court?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1