Bosma Murder Trial 05.03.16 - Day 44

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that what ABro was referring to is that the charges would be public information- not necessarily covered by the media. As an example, if I was charged with a crime in London, Ontario, anyone could go to the courthouse there and get the information about my charges. Could MB be charged with something? Not likely in this case. If ABro is monitoring this today she can correct me if I'm wrong, but IMHO, if she did have charges against her it would be by HPS since it's their case and AFAIK, none of the reporters have discovered any charges against her. MOO

I'm sorry to admit that I'm even more confused now. :)

Well, maybe not. My chain of logic is this:

1) Criminal charges are public record
2) Which the media can access
3) This is a huge media story so if MB had been arrested, the media WOULD know it
4) And would be reporting on it

Or is there some instance, or kind of PB, where the media CANNOT print that someone was charged?

(Sorry, we've established many times that I have selective stupidity about how this stuff works up there.)

why does Pillay ask about keeping the letters as being perceived as a threat?

The letters are a threat to DM's defense. And is he saying they are so ludicrous, obviously written by someone going off the deep end that no one would take them seriously?

but the letters aren't a threat to her are they? At least as redacted (and i don't know anything about the redacted portions)?

So the lovey parts are supposed to be taken seriously while the conniving parts are insane? I would have presumed the opposite.

Lisa Hepfner
‏@HefCHCHNews
Noudga was practicing on his shoulder, from her kinesiology classes. A couple weeks before #TimBosma disappeared

BBM - i think this tweet was missed by many......IF (and it's a big if....I know this) CN is being truthful about this, the injury happened prior to May 6....MOO

We wore them in the 70s. Of course they were called Greb Kodiaks back then.

Off topic but Kodiak's were hip hop/rap fashion in the 70's? I knew they were trendy with teenagers but I didn't know they were connected with hip hop/rapper culture?

Or by lifting something heavy.

Of course, Pillay could be setting something up. You know, "My client injured his shoulder on _______________________, well before May 6th, and was in so much pain he couldn't move or lift anything. Heck, he couldn't do a single pushup in jail."

Of course, didn't Dellen the Felon say in one of his letters that he learning to do knuckle pushups?

I don't believe CN was using her Kinesiology on DM "weeks" before TB disappeared. Days after...yes, weeks prior, I doubt! When she gave statements to her lawyer, she was still in love with DM. She was helping him, just as she is now in subtle ways.

IMO, Pillay is being easy on CN so she don't spill her gutts now! Starts off reminding her of their love an future plans. Big Ole trip down memory lane, hoping CN'S feelings reemerge 100%.

timberland shoes! Is this what aspiring rappers are wearing these days?

Did she agree to the Timberland shoe suggestion or did she actually remember the brand of shoes DM bought MS? That's quite a precise memory if you ask me. ;)

MOO

If MB was charged, MSM would have known about it, IMO.
I haven't heard that anyone has heard anything about or from her since CN's arrest. I continue to wonder if she didn't leave the country as soon as she heard. JMO

I'm sorry to admit that I'm even more confused now. :)

Well, maybe not. My chain of logic is this:

1) Criminal charges are public record
2) Which the media can access
3) This is a huge media story so if MB had been arrested, the media WOULD know it
4) And would be reporting on it

Or is there some instance, or kind of PB, where the media CANNOT print that someone was charged?

(Sorry, we've established many times that I have selective stupidity about how this stuff works up there.)
I think ABro would be the best source to clarify how this all works. MOO

Lisa Hepfner
‏@HefCHCHNews
Noudga was practicing on his shoulder, from her kinesiology classes. A couple weeks before #TimBosma disappeared

BBM - i think this tweet was missed by many......IF (and it's a big if....I know this) CN is being truthful about this, the injury happened prior to May 6....MOO

I didn't miss it, was just writing about what I thought about that in post # 245. I Call big BS for sure!

Off topic but Kodiak's were hip hop/rap fashion in the 70's? I knew they were trendy with teenagers but I didn't know they were connected with hip hop/rapper culture?

Back then they were the rocker uniform. Then the grunge kids wore them, then hip hop. The preppy kids wore them too, only laced up a little tidier.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 16m16 minutes ago
She's not sure if Smich drank during the day. She only saw him at night.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 16m16 minutes ago
Noudga says Smich drank in the evenings but didn't know if he drank during the day or when Millard and Smich were working. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 16m16 minutes ago
"But Mark was strong-willed," Pillay suggests. She asks how so. He says he kept drinking. She again says she doesn't know daytime-wise.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 16m16 minutes ago
Smich enjoyed Millard's generosity, like other friends, Noudga agrees.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 17m17 minutes ago
Pillay says Mark seemed to enjoy Dell's generosity. She says yes. Other friends did too. #Bosma

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 17m17 minutes ago
"(#Smich) enjoyed (#Millard)'s generosity?" asks Pillay. "Yes," says Noudga. As did other friends she agrees.

.!! Drinkers are strong willed? Participating in murder is a therapeutic method to get off the booze?

Weird how the papers on the floor seem to be redacted before LE arrived.

Those are photocopies of readings for her classes. At the time of her arrest she would have just been finishing the year and was probably under a lot of pressure to get assignments and essays handed in. That mess is probably pretty normal for most university students at that time of the year. That is when it is all pressure...all the time.

Which goes along with what was said earlier about the fact that by May 9th, 2013, she was at least 2-3 weeks past the completion of that school year and didn't have any classes or schoolwork left to do. So her excuse about being overworked and overstressed at that time is a big fat lie IMO.

MOO

Back then they were the rocker uniform. Then the grunge kids wore them, then hip hop. The preppy kids wore them too, only laced up a little tidier.

Teenagers wore Kodiaks in general then. It's not the same as Timberlands, though. They started being worn by rappers and hip hop artists in the 90's. They are connected with that culture. So it's not a surprise that MS wanted a pair and even that CN might remember this since it would have been Timberlands specifically that MS would have wanted. moo

IMO DM conjured up answers to address every question for every piece of disclosure he saw. MS had a shoulder injury (from texts and MM's testimony) and suddenly DM had one prior to May 6th. No mystery as to whom I believe actually had a shoulder injury - it was MS, IMO.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...when-bosma-was-killed-ex-girlfriend-testifies

All MOO.

Totally agree that it looks like MS was complaining of a shoulder injury. That doesn't mean he isn't capable of being involved in the murder of TB. Whether DM had a shoulder injury is anyone's guess. I hope that this contagious shoulder injury isn't enough to get either of them off. MOO.

IMO DM conjured up answers to address every question for every piece of disclosure he saw. MS had a shoulder injury (from texts and MM's testimony) and suddenly DM had one prior to May 6th. No mystery as to whom I believe actually had a shoulder injury - it was MS, IMO.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...when-bosma-was-killed-ex-girlfriend-testifies

All MOO.

This too! Maybe more believable then DM having an actual shoulder injury. If he in fact had such an injury that CN was helping rehabilitation on, I'm sure there would be continued help in prison for such injuries?

I guess it could go either way here.
1. DM got the idea from MS and MM disclosure. Got CN to go along with such story, maybe in one of the letters she conveniently left with MB.
2. DM did injure his should during a struggle with TB or from lifting his body into incinerator. But CN moved her Kinesiology treatments back a few weeks to suit DM'S defense.

All MOO

All MOO.

Thanks. From your link:

“Yo, it has to be surgery i think, it just came out again … my arm is *advertiser censored****,” Smich texted. “Thats the 3rd time today.”

Millard told him how to get a doctor to get a referral for an MRI to examine it. Smich had scheduled a doctor’s appointment when he was arrested a few weeks later.

I think we know where DM's shoulder story came from, he just didn't realize that Smich's injury was already pretty well established in texts.

Really, the best the defense can do with the letters is try to make people feel bad that an accused triple murderer was in self-selected solitary confinement?

No.. It sounds like he's going to say DM was a desperate man coming up with anything he could while in a possible solitary psychosis to stay out of jail.. He wasn't in his right mind, the letters were the delusional thoughts of a man who's succumbed to his desperate surroundings.. blah blah blah
lol, I guess he's in a solitary psychosis too..

I don't believe CN was using her Kinesiology on DM "weeks" before TB disappeared. Days after...yes, weeks prior, I doubt! When she gave statements to her lawyer, she was still in love with DM. She was helping him, just as she is now in subtle ways.

IMO, Pillay is being easy on CN so she don't spill her gutts now! Starts off reminding her of their love an future plans. Big Ole trip down memory lane, hoping CN'S feelings reemerge 100%.

Oh, trust me, I agree. I just think it is certainly where Pillay may be headed. I think he injured his shoulder the night of the 6th, or shortly after. What he told to CN to say prior to arrest is probably a complete different animal, and she has likely said that to her lawyer.

I don't think you'll see CN spill her guts. She is not going to commit perjury before her trial. MOO

Totally agree that it looks like MS was complaining of a shoulder injury. That doesn't mean he isn't capable of being involved in the murder of TB. Whether DM had a shoulder injury is anyone's guess. I hope that this contagious shoulder injury isn't enough to get either of them off. MOO.

As someone who has suffered a shoulder injury as a result of a car accident, and a torn rotator cuff injury at another time, both were persistent injuries that caused me to endure excruciating pain, so much so that even simple tasks that I took for granted prior to these injuries were not possible until I healed. I would not have been in the mood mentally or physically to indulge in any frisky business. lol Simple arm and hand motions, walking, lifting, and even minor stress or strain on the injured shoulder or arm would cause incredible distress, IMO, as they did me.

MS was witnessed by others as being physically ailing prior on May 5th and his shoulder/arm pain was mentioned in texts, and in every photo I've seen of him he appears to be distressed, IMO. I can imagine that even driving the Yukon, as I suspect MS did on the night of May 6th, would have been a painful exercise, IMO, as I recall driving really aggravated my injury and caused me more pain. I do not think DM had any such injury and the exercise and one-hand head stands in jail convince me he did not, IMO.

All MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member